10+ Year Old Account

Mistweaver, where did the fun go:<?

I'll start of with saying that nerfs to the Mistweavers were necessary cos we were quite op. Maybe not that much with priests spirit shells and the retarderd pala pvp gear eternal flame spam but lets just not go there

So we recieved nerfs, all deserved and well. Some a bit weird with increasing mana costs from spells and then making mana tea crit. Why spend time to change this while this is not really the problem.
    But my problem with the nerfs is why remove 1 spread from renewing mists? The spreading from renewing mists was bad enough as it was from a 25man pov.
    Having it spread to people you dont really want it on and just being really slow.
    But yeah at the same time renewing mists was also the fun thing about monks, using thunder focus tea so it spreads to allmost everyone and then uplift like there is no tomorrow. This is still somewhat viable but using uplift without spreading first with thunder focus tea is just utter shit.
    So what I just encountered while doing Empress hc, I was doing about 65k HPS about 30k less then last week(while disc priest and pala were still doing 90kish but ok). The fun part of that encounter for me was uplifting like a maniac with jabbing the boss alot and thus having shitloads of chi.
    But today I couldnt do that anymore, I was obligated to just chi burst the melee because the spread from renewing mists was retarded.
    And what else should I do? Monks are aoe healers I could hardly heal ranged anymore, if they didnt have renewing mists on them they would recieve no healing at all. Or am I now supposed to single target heal them? dafuq is this.

So my point is that with the nerf of the renewing mists spread uplift became kind of shitty aswell. Which makes the class alot less fun on alot of bosses.

Because I suspect that Uplift was supposed to be like Circle of Healing or Wild Growth, rather than "heal everyone"

Quote Originally Posted by Dreyo View Post
    Because I suspect that Uplift was supposed to be like Circle of Healing or Wild Growth, rather than "heal everyone"
    Now if I had Rejuvenate in my spellbooks as a Mistweaver I wouldn't mind that mindset at all. They built us as HoT healers but gave a really wimpy HoT that doesn't even heal on application like nearly all the Druid HoTs. We're lacking even more now in the "spot healing" department after the Enveloping Mist nerf. Now, if Soothing Mist scaled with haste to get extra ticks, this might be easily offset by the 50% boost during EnvM.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Renewing Mist is more of a "derp" jumper now instead of a "smart heal" I noticed it went to someone last night that had renewing mist currently on them, but it was about to fall off in like 6 secs. I was like... wtf. Waste.

But yeah, I currently need to use Renewing mist on CD even more than I used to. But I guess it is okay, because the fact that I generate so much more chi now through soothing mist, excluding jab, I can't complaint when I can hardcast enveloping mist on someone now because the cast time is like 1.7 secs for me.

It never existed, it's always been boring. Now it's actually fun because if you try really hard and play aggressively with your mana (spamming Surging et al) you can still do both competitive and overpowered healing. The class isn't completely gutted thankfully, it's just a bit less 'boring' to play.

I fully agree with you! MW monks were really fun before, but with the new renewing mist spreading it's shit. i've talked with alot of monks that changed to another class cause it's boring and not even close as good as it was. I know a nerf is nessesary as well, but not like this :<

Quote Originally Posted by HamSandwichFace View Post
    It never existed, it's always been boring. Now it's actually fun because if you try really hard and play aggressively with your mana (spamming Surging et al) you can still do both competitive and overpowered healing. The class isn't completely gutted thankfully, it's just a bit less 'boring' to play.
    How exactly does one "spam Surging"? If you're hardcasting it, you're not really healing for much after the cast time as the spell itself doesn't heal for very much. If you're targeting Soothing first, you're taking even longer to heal. If you're just glyphing it and spamming it over and over, why not just fistweave and do the same thing without spending as much mana? I'm curious as to how you're making this work.

Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    How exactly does one "spam Surging"? If you're hardcasting it, you're not really healing for much after the cast time as the spell itself doesn't heal for very much. If you're targeting Soothing first, you're taking even longer to heal. If you're just glyphing it and spamming it over and over, why not just fistweave and do the same thing without spending as much mana? I'm curious as to how you're making this work.
    On Ambershaper HC this week (we have it on farm) I used Surging a lot, I was obviously fistweaving but I made good use of Surging. On Lei-Shi HC I did the same thing. I can show you logs if you want.

On Ambershaper HC this week (we have it on farm) I used Surging a lot, I was obviously fistweaving but I made good use of Surging. On Lei-Shi HC I did the same thing. I can show you logs if you want.
    I meant how specifically you're using Surging. As I said, there are 3 different ways to use it.

I meant how specifically you're using Surging. As I said, there are 3 different ways to use it.
    I use it as I'd use Flash of Light/Flash Heal, to quickly heal someone.

I use it strictly under the Tiger's Palm bonus, there are times though when I'll use it if Expel Harm is on CD and I'm not in melee range for Chi (assuming SCK is useless too).
    Last edited by HamSandwichFace; 2012-11-30 at 12:25 AM.

I use it as I'd use Flash of Light/Flash Heal, to quickly heal someone.

I use it strictly under the Tiger's Palm bonus, there are times though when I'll use it if Expel Harm is on CD and I'm not in melee range for Chi (assuming SCK is useless too).
    Oh that makes more sense, I took "spamming" to mean repeatedly casting it which in no way made sense to me. So you're basically fistweaving, but using TPs instead of BoKs and then using Surging more?

Oh that makes more sense, I took "spamming" to mean repeatedly casting it which in no way made sense to me. So you're basically fistweaving, but using TPs instead of BoKs and then using Surging more?
    Yes. The new change to TP makes (IMO) it worth keeping up. +30% more healing via eminence, basically. The armour ignore passively buffs Xuen too. Ambershaper HC with 50+ stacks is pretty hilarious with both eminence + Xuen up.

I am having tons of fun playing my Mistweaver!