Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

If you could change something in WoW, what it would it be?

Here a couple of things that come to mind for me:

1) Start developing separate raid content again. I dislike 10 & 25 man versions of the same raid. I dislike it immensely. No-one would complain about shared lockouts. They could produce much more content for people to get into it. They wouldn't have to endlessly re-balance the same encounters.

2) Bring back a real sense of progression - not just from a gear focus. I recall some of the best experiences I had was in BC with how well integrated quests, dungeons and raids were.

Deleted
    reverse this item upgrade shit, i hate it

Daily quests are now one-time quests. One-time quests are now daily quests. Raids can be done solo. World content needs 25 players. You play as the bosses in dungeons. In PvP you play as a pillar. Your talents are chosen for you but you can pick your rotational abilities. Bear form can now DPS. Cat form can now heal. Moonkin form can now tank. NPCs, including bosses, now have randomised talent trees of their own. CRZ no longer functions; instead, you are the only entity inside your world unless you invite other people through BattleTags.

Deleted
    Less cheap "content" (aka Dailies), more actual content.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by maniac2009 View Post
    Here a couple of things that come to mind for me:

1) Start developing separate raid content again. I dislike 10 & 25 man versions of the same raid. I dislike it immensely. No-one would complain about shared lockouts. They could produce much more content for people to get into it. They wouldn't have to endlessly re-balance the same encounters.

2) Bring back a real sense of progression - not just from a gear focus. I recall some of the best experiences I had was in BC with how well integrated quests, dungeons and raids were.
    That, and most likely remove DK's from the game.

Deleted
    Remove daily quest or add a second option (tabard rep grind/ mob rep grind.. basicly anything but dailies)

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Get these dailies removed forever -.-

10+ Year Old Account
    Give all classes a class area(like the monks) with quests to help us learn our classes better(again like the monks)

Add in class factions(such as Ravenholdt for rogues) and enable us to earn rep by doing training dailies(like monks dailies) and let us buy class only armor/transmog gear. Might be a way to integrate the armor from class select as well as bring back unobtainable armor sets.

So yeah bring back/create more class specific content. Most areas that i could see working already exist.

Warriors get Arcatraz/Flay island

Mages Dalaran(instanced version/special area)

Hunters either a Hemit camp or the Lodge in Loch Modan

Locks either an Altar of Storms or a sorta demon void.

Shaman either an elemental realm or the Earthen Ring section of Nagrand

Rogues OBVIOUSLY Ravenholdt

DKs kinda covered(Archerus)

Pallies either Lights Hope, a Naaru(Maybe Shat or Exodar for Alli and the Horde Blood Knight area in Silvermoon)or Uthers Tomb

Druids also covered(Moonglade)

Priests Hmm Either Lights Hope or some other priest centric/style area.

Revert all of the changes the rest of you made.

I'd ban mod support.

Yeah, sure I use mods. I do it because I can, and it makes the game easier. On the other hand, I see that they have also become a major crutch for players, and the developers need to make content assuming players are using these mods.
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?

Pretty general but I'd like them to bring back the uniqueness to each class/spec along with professions, making them more than simple stat enhances(i.e. BoP craftables).

Also class specific quest chains would be very nice and bring in more incentive to lvling alts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Pretty general but I'd like them to bring back the uniqueness to each class/spec along with professions, making them more than simple stat enhances(i.e. BoP craftables).

Also class specific quest chains would be very nice and bring in more incentive to lvling alts.
    Yeah agreed on all counts. Also what do you think of my class training area idea?

Oh and undo cata.

Deleted
    Language restrictions in LFD, LFR & BGs. Only English allowed on English realms.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Yeah agreed on all counts. Also what do you think of my class training area idea?

Oh and undo cata.
    It could work. I'm not sure if these class areas are intended for LV.1+ or endgame. To revamp starting zones might require too much displaced effort; similar to the Cata revamp.
    Last edited by kail; 2012-11-30 at 05:22 AM.

obligatory "The players."
    It wasn't long ago / I was just like you / And now I think I'm sick and I wanna go home!
    Quote Originally Posted by Unoriginal View Post
    what if SEARING WOLVES? The possibilities?!!?

If I could change something with this game, it'd have to be to separate 10 and 25 man raids.

Reinstate the gear model from Wotlk, with token drops and badges. Scale Onyxia's Lair, Molten Core, Blackwing Lair, Black Temple, Serpentshrine, The Eye, and Magister's Terrace to level 90. Perhaps change a few mechanics in those or add more mobs to compensate for changes made to talents. Perma ban bots on the first offence, instead of using the penalty volcano which is more properly used for social player to player incidents. Higher 10 employees and train them to cycle through realms and battlegroups, monitoring trade chat and spectating battlegrounds as in-game police, the goal being to set an example of Blizzard's presence which would be enough to discourage most problems from even happening. Scale world bosses to 93/95, restore the Azeroth and Kalimdor dragon world bosses, add 10 more that roam across zones and attack capital cities regularly aiming directly for the bank and auction house areas. Nerf all city guards to near uselessness. Move all "enemy" graveyards closer to capitals, to encourage world pvp. Add craftable wands and wizard oils to enchanting, and give enchanters extra materials than usual when they win a disenchant roll in dungeons. Reduce the exp required from 70-90 by 50%. Restore Naxxramas to it's former glory and make it the 1-2% elitist raid, with no normal mode or LFR option, only exclusively for heroic and insanely brutal. Make arenas and rated battlegrounds queue-able, with solo ratings and matchmaking that follows those ratings. Ban win-traders. Ban Swifty for no reason, just out of spite, maybe only for a week to put him in his place. Endorse Razer Gaming products for more revenue, and add them to the Blizzard store. Add an achievement and title for having a level 90 of every class and all professions maxed. Give Alliance the High Eves (blood elves with blue eyes), and give Horde the Eredar (draenei with red/purple skin and mean looking with crazy horns). Stop production on Ghostcrawler's cash cow expansions, work on Emerald Dream, pull the best devs off Titan for a month and work on 10 new classes for the game to be added in the next expansion. TEN at least.

I'd change a ton of things, but if I had to pick one, I'd implement very strict level scaling for all instances, bg's, world zones, for both PvP and PvE.

The rest of the list would purposefully alienate about 75% of the current playerbase

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    It could work. I'm not sure if these class areas are intended for LV.1+ or endgame. To revamp starting zones might require too much displaced effort; similar to the Cata revamp.
    LOL not what i meant. Basically at level 20 monks get a quest that takes them to a private area in kunlai using a deathgate esque mechanic. Every ten levels after we get another. Each quest nets us an XP bonus buff and a chance for it to be added to our personal daily roster which nets us said buff.

We essentially fight a master and have to use a skill we got in the past levels to beat them.

Other than that we can purchase alternate versions of the quest weapons/armor and have a vendor for food and some profession trainers.

That's kinda what i meant. Druids and DKs are covered shammies could use some thing all elementy and pallies light themed and so on.

I suggest you try a monk actually at least till 20 you'll see what i mean pretty fast TBH.

15+ Year Old Account
    Add player collision, crosshair aiming + friendly fire, cut the levels to about 20, cut the amount of gear needed by 2/3, get rid of stupid gear treadmill, cut half the races, separate NE and Forsaken into their own factions, erase PvP-related stats, buff mobs to the level of player power in terms of abilities and AI, cut all the 1284353472 recolored mounts and simply make one customizeable mount per faction, cut flying mounts, make BGs use random open world areas (balancing the amount of participants via CRZ), make nearly factions mutually exclusive but really deep and lasting for the entire game rather than 1 raid. And I've only started.
    Last edited by Haven; 2012-11-30 at 06:07 AM.