Thread: 4 months later

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    No, they're not. All classes are good with proper gear. Ranged aren't better than melee by any significant amount. Like I said, I spent ~4mil on my Barb gear and ~5mil on my Wiz gear, and my Barb is doing the same DPS as my Wizard, while having huge defense as well.

I'm not trying to convince you to play melee, I'm just saying that ranged aren't significantly better at DPS like a lot of people seem to think.
    yup the only thing they are good at is avoiding stuff better. plus there are counter melee/ranged affixes that will be facreoll to one while difficult/annoying for another.

Quote Originally Posted by Godavari View Post
    yup the only thing they are good at is avoiding stuff better. plus there are counter melee/ranged affixes that will be facreoll to one while difficult/annoying for another.
    Yeah...Mortar is a bitch for ranged but harmless for melee, whereas Fire Chains is easy for ranged but a bitch for melee, etc. But there's always BS combos that will be BS no matter what. Vortex and Arcane or Frozen or Fire Chains will always be fucking terrible, melee or ranged.

But after gearing both a Wizard and Barb to ~105k dps, I can safely say that I enjoy the Barb a lot more. Wizard's a glass cannon, even with CM-stun build. 2-3 hits from anything and you're dead. Whereas the Barb, I just run in and smash shit to pieces with tons of armor+resist+lifesteal keeping me alive. Plus, with Wrath, I have a nice I-WIN button to fuck up an elite pack in seconds. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    Yeah...Mortar is a bitch for ranged but harmless for melee, whereas Fire Chains is easy for ranged but a bitch for melee, etc. But there's always BS combos that will be BS no matter what. Vortex and Arcane or Frozen or Fire Chains will always be fucking terrible, melee or ranged.

But after gearing both a Wizard and Barb to ~105k dps, I can safely say that I enjoy the Barb a lot more. Wizard's a glass cannon, even with CM-stun build. 2-3 hits from anything and you're dead. Whereas the Barb, I just run in and smash shit to pieces with tons of armor+resist+lifesteal keeping me alive. Plus, with Wrath, I have a nice I-WIN button to fuck up an elite pack in seconds. :P
    I think you were "doin it wrong" on your CM Wizard :P They are friggin godly, at least in multiplayer games.

Farmed with a CM-Wiz friend of mine last night and we were steamrolling stuff on MP4-5 like it was nobodys business. He has like 40k HP and 800 all resists so he's not really all that squishy either :P He would just perma-stun elites while I killed em in 5-10 seconds with dem Bears on my WD. Neither of us that amazing gear either. He has only around 80k DPS and I have 70k... Though both have a fair bit of survivability going on (non-glasscannon).

10+ Year Old Account
    yes I`m also having a Great time after 4 months.
    thx blizz.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenfinn View Post
    I think you were "doin it wrong" on your CM Wizard :P They are friggin godly, at least in multiplayer games.
    A lot of classes feel "friggin godly" when you're in multiplayer.

Yes, I can farm MP6 somewhat easily with a CM Wizard, but elites take a while to kill and keeping them stunlocked is difficult, especially because I die in 2-3 hits. Whereas my Barb just runs right in and smashes the fuck out of the elite pack, I don't really have to worry about taking damage with all the armor and life return.
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm

10+ Year Old Account
    let`s say I`m a Barb and I have a skill that hits for 100% weapon damage.
    Will the damage of that skill be greater if I stack Str? or is it fully dependent on the weapon?

10+ Year Old Account
    Total war rome 2

Witch Doctor's gear is super cheap now, because he is the only class wants Life Regen.

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    Witch Doctor's gear is super cheap now, because he is the only class wants Life Regen.
    Not true, quit enjoy it for my wizard aswell. At one point I had up to 1.6k regen/sec, helped when kiting with CM/meteor specced, but with CM/stunlock its kinda useless to a sertain point, but for kite-specced wizards its great.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by rogerwilko View Post
    Will the damage of that skill be greater if I stack Str? or is it fully dependent on the weapon?
    damage of the skill is the weapon dmg percentage, shown on the skill, of your main weapon which is then modified by your strength (in the case of barbarians) and any other additional external dmg modifiers like a dmg shout, +dmg on items etc. To be honest the main dmg indicator you really want to look at is your DPS at the bottom of your character screen. That collates all the tons of variables on your stats, items, etc and gives you a nice simple figure of your potential dmg output per second if you are basically just autoattacking stuff to death.

Skill setups and certain stats to aim for is usually more important to look up than just the pure dps shown on as weapon. In lots of cases items with better or more desirable stats for the build you intend to use will outweigh just pure dps figure on the weapon involved. Yes you want a nice high dps weapon as that scales your dmg for all other factors but a slightly lower dps weapon might give you higher overall dmg output for your setup if it has better stat itemisation on it. Prime examples of this are weapons with high crit damage % on them or ones with a socket so you have potential to put in a nice high crit dmg green gem. You need to weigh these factors up when thinking about weapon choices then upgrade from there.
    Last edited by Oogly; 2012-11-30 at 06:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rogerwilko View Post
    IIRC, the "100% of weapon damage" is really "100% of Damage", as in the "Damage" number on your character info window. It's rather misleading if you ask me.

But really all you need to know is that more Str = more damage, simple enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    I came back after months of not playing and bought gear for my DH at around 500,000 and cleared inferno easily. Just make good deals and buy the cheaper stuff untill you can afford the shinies.

I played at launch, had fun till about mid-hell. Then it got boring. Then inferno came along and that was it for me. Stupid.

I came back for a few after every major patch. The most recent was 1.0.5, played it quite a lot over the past week or so. Maybe I'm biased but in my humble opinion the game is just as bad as it was. A terrible, horrible, disgusting husk of a video game. It has (had) so much potential...it stinks to see it wasted.

I finally got fed up after getting two shot on my Wizard by every elite pack I faced, and I refuse to do the WW/Thrive on Chaos barb build that costs millions in gold to get up and running properly. No, my friends, I will not pay to win. Using the auction house is a necessity, and I prefer to go out into the world and find it myself. That's what I did with Diablo 2 and D2: LoD (but not D1...I got my items duped lol...I was 12, gtfo). But in D3, those items don't drop. I see characters with 3 piece sets and the same Mempo helm and I know that the only way they got those items was buying them on the AH.

What an awful, awful, horrible excuse for a video game. I know nobody here gives a rat's arse but I won't be buying the expansions to D3, I won't be buying Heart of the Swarm, I made the mistake of buying MoP when I found out that Diablo 3, the game I had been waiting for for 8 years, sucks bigtime.

No, kind sirs and madams, I'm through with this ruse. Maybe I'm just getting old, but I prefer D2 over D3, Goldeneye 64 over Goldeneye: Reloaded, Heroes of Might and Magic IV over XBOX.

Diablo 3. Makes me more angry than I should be every time. Don't waste your time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mortai2 View Post
    I finally got fed up after getting two shot on my Wizard by every elite pack I faced
    Then stop sucking and use a better build? Even with only ~2m worth of gear, you can easily clear at least MP2 or MP3.

and I refuse to do the WW/Thrive on Chaos barb build that costs millions in gold to get up and running properly.
    Strange, because I spent roughly 3m on gear for my barb and I farm MP1 easily with that build. (everyone says farming MP1/MP2 is the best, and to only do higher MP for keys/ubers)

Using the auction house is a necessity
    And in D2, trading was a necessity unless you wanted to spend weeks and weeks farming the same boss over and over for gear.

Random loot is random. It was random in D2 and it's random in D3. Not really sure why everyone's whining because now you use gold as a currency instead of SoJ's and HRs.