Page 1 of 16
... LastLast
    Deleted

Shadowpriest 5.1 -Why cant blizzard see all our current faults and flaws?

I feel that with the newly arrived patch there are alot, and i mean ALOT of things blizzard could have made different.
    They have given both mages and warlocks, two superior caster classes boosts and great set-bonuses,
    -while they didnt even touch us, gave us pretty shitty tier bonuses, and kept stating that we are a totally fine class.

-Yes, we might be an okay class, but i feel that compared to other casters, we are really weak and i do think this is something blizzard must look into.

For example, a shadowpriest with itemlvl 480 does 70k dps, while a Warlock with the same itemlvl would do 10-15k more DPS.
    And this is something im starting to see getting more and more attention, people wonder what have happend to us, whats up with our damage-
    Why we are so weak compared to other casters, Both in burst and consistant damage?
    This is Not what i see as balanced.

-Yes okay, alot of bosses (Almost all of them) have more or less 2 active targets or more alive at the same time-
    Which do gives us an opportunity to use {Divine Insight} and {From darkness comes light} alot, but then again, All the other classes can spellcleave aswell, but with alot more result ..-A massive damage increase, since they're dots and single target spells simply do more damage then ours.

Am i alone in starting to get pretty sick of it, or do anyone else agree with me?

Here are a few changes i think blizzard could atleast take in consideration;

-The instant mindblast proccs we get, Both from {Divine Insight} and {Glyph of Mindspike} Should be 100% crit. Atleast the ones from {Glyph of Mindspike} ..So with 1 Glyph procc = 50% increased, 2 proccs = 100% increased.

-Remove the limit of 3 shadowy appirations from our SW:P crits - And perhaps base it on mastery, as i tought was a better solution, by far.
    (I liked multi-dotting and have my own army of appirations. Alot.)

Im running out of time now since i gotta go to work, but please respond to this in a mature way what you think.

Have a good one'

I agree. Our guild spriest is starting to fall behind me and they are a better player than me. They put it down to gear scaling. I play fire mage btw.

Maybe they take into account the fact that shadow priests are insanely good at PvP before handing out PvE buffs.

Deleted
    Well Itisamuh, the thing is that with the current patch and when all the other classes start to gear up, We are not that strong anymore.

I do alot of PvP aswell and im feeling it more and more. We are a weak class.

Deleted
    In Addition you have to look into Warlock and Mage for what they can do other than dps ... A priest is by far more viable for raiding cause of Hymne of Hope , Halo-Heal and survivability. You can even 2ndspec switch to healing if its necessary. You can't do any of this shit as Mage/Warlock (pure Damage class).

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea... I'm with Itisa. I primarily PvP on my priest, and they're still extremely powerful, even after the nerf to hybrid pvp power. If they used your suggestion for the MB crit, then shadow priests would probably be the top pvp dps. If anything, they'd need to change mind flay. Bump its damage up a bit, perhaps put more emphasis on DoT's? Or even make it so Mind Flay or perhaps even the DoT's apply the 5% Spell Damage debuff.

SPriests don't need a huge revamp, just some small tunings to make it better in PvE.

Oh, and for burst? Just save 3 Orbs + FDCL/DI procs. Huge burst on the go right there. DP, MB, MS, MS. 4 gcd's, around 200-300k damage on non-players, if not more.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ch4ppy View Post
    In Addition you have to look into Warlock and Mage for what they can do other than dps ... A priest is by far more viable for raiding cause of Hymne of Hope , Halo-Heal and survivability. You can even 2ndspec switch to healing if its necessary. You can't do any of this shit as Mage/Warlock (pure Damage class).
    I only choose just those two classes as example. If we look into the other Hybrids -Boomer & Elemental - so are priests still weak on the damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Ch4ppy View Post
    you misread everything about the thread and title. this is about the dps spec. if they're bringing you because you can heal too, then you're in a bad spot.

---------- Post added 2012-11-30 at 08:15 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Vouksh89 View Post
    Yea... I'm with Itisa. I primarily PvP on my priest, and they're still extremely powerful, even after the nerf to hybrid pvp power. If they used your suggestion for the MB crit, then shadow priests would probably be the top pvp dps. If anything, they'd need to change mind flay. Bump its damage up a bit, perhaps put more emphasis on DoT's? Or even make it so Mind Flay or perhaps even the DoT's apply the 5% Spell Damage debuff.

SPriests don't need a huge revamp, just some small tunings to make it better in PvE.

Oh, and for burst? Just save 3 Orbs + FDCL/DI procs. Huge burst on the go right there. DP, MB, MS, MS. 4 gcd's, around 200-300k damage on non-players, if not more.
    the huge mop revamp is the problem. shifted damage away from dots and to nukes. to procs. it's not even a fucking shadowpriest anymore, it's more like a mage than a shadow priest and affliction is more like shadow (with a pet)

they fucked up. a lot. it's why people are leaving in droves again. they change shit to change shit these days, no reason other than "it feels different, maybe they'll sub a while"

they don't really try to do what they originally set out to do. completely sold out. and this 2 steps back in pve dps balance is a result

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree completely. I dislike what they did overall with the class, but, to me, it doesn't feel like a mage at all.

But I'm not going to dwell on what things were. I still have fun, and that's what matters. As for people leaving in droves? I've not personally seen it. Shadow Priests weren't all that common in the first place, at least not on my server. As for changing for changes sake? Well... Want to see what happens when they don't change? Look at how many rogues there are. The class has hardly changed with but a few minor tweaks here and there.

Not wanting to start an argument, nor am I trying to defend Blizzard, but nor do I throw all blame on them. They could've done a lot better job. But they didn't. So we make the best of it.

I've been playing shadow main since the start of Burning Crusade. And i totaly agree with OP. We feel too weak atm. Espessially on those single target boss fights. And tels face it, atm we are kind of 'shadow mages'. And our set bonuses are bad in comparasin with other classes.
    I was in half a mind to switch to affliction main, but dident do it due too the hopes that we might get back our former glory.

Deleted
    They need to increase MF dmg by 5-10%. Doesnt effect multidot encounters, doesnt rly effect pvp all that much, boosts single target. Simple.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just give us something that enables walk-n-cast for us. We are currently the only class that can't cast spells on the move.
    Warlocks have the level 90 talent which Blizz just buffed, Shamans have their Spiritwalker's Grace or whatever it's called and Mages can spam scorch.
    If I don't have any proccs up or need to refresh my dots, any movement at all is a major dps loss.

I am disappointed with the performance of my Shadow Priest in comparison to my afli lock, but as I don't PVP I don't know how good they are in this sector, probably not much better than they have always been which is fairly strong.

On the same fight with the same buffs my DPS can vary 5-6k just due to the random RNG of the procs, but I guess many classes are random proc based even the Warlock (nightfall for soul shards and haunt casts.

My dps does seem to be scaling well as I get better gear, and every new piece gives a seemingly very good performance, but I am out dps'd massively by most other classes when playing my SP. Sometimes I can't even cast a Mind Flay as I have so many Mind Blast and Mind Spike procs on the trot, other times I can be bored stupid waiting for something to do, and unlike a lock we have much worse mobility while casting.

Overall I like the class, but feel it could benefit from some tweak to improve it vs other classes in PVE.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 4liv3 View Post
    Just give us something that enables walk-n-cast for us. We are currently the only class that can't cast spells on the move.
    Warlocks have the level 90 talent which Blizz just buffed, Shamans have their Spiritwalker's Grace or whatever it's called and Mages can spam scorch.
    If I don't have any proccs up or need to refresh my dots, any movement at all is a major dps loss.
    I think I'd like this idea tried out. Bump up SW:P's instant damage to be equivalent to casting Mind Flay (same DPET, so we don't replace mind flay in static situations). We'd see a minor dps increase when multidotting, a minor dps increase during patchwerk, and a major dps increase in heavy movement scenarios.
    {[( )]}

Deleted
    Spellcleave >> multi-dotting in most fights. There are only a few exceptions, when mobs are spread out, etc. I don't know why they needed to shift so much from damage from dots to single target abilities, when multi-dotting automatically has a very effective soft cap. After 3-4 targets you start getting GCD capped and can't use all the procs anymore, and after 5-6 targets you can hardly keep dots up on all targets.

Spellcleaved dots are still allowed to do high overall damage, eventhough they don't have the GCD limitation.

I still hear people refering to "multi-dotters", as in, this fight is really good for multi-dotters. But who do they really mean by that? Who doesn't have dots these days? Spriest overall dot damage in a multitarget fight is usually below most other classes.

Buffing MF won't really help on multiple targets, because you won't be casting that anyway with all the procs. It would be a decent fix to single target dps though.
    Last edited by mmocfcaf95d648; 2012-11-30 at 08:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jobbly View Post
    They need to increase MF dmg by 5-10%. Doesnt effect multidot encounters, doesnt rly effect pvp all that much, boosts single target. Simple.
    Does affect FDCL and SW:I. One is already useless, one only good when multi-dotting. Buffing FDCL is out of question because it's already hitting hard enough. So buffing MF is out of question, as it affects two talents in a negative way.

What about slightly buffing Shadowform? Something like - "Shadow damage you deal increased by 25%. All damage you take reduced by 15%".

Quote Originally Posted by Thrasher View Post
    ALOT
    I just can not take this serious.

Honestly though, the only problem we really have right now is that we don't scale well with heroism/bloodlust. This is a problem we've had for a long time. Our dmg is fine, If you are comparing yourself to fire mages you might think differently, but comparing our self or any class in general right now is not really the best. Fire mages are incredibly OP. They fixed mind sear, which was one of our bigger flaws. Other than maybe increasing our dot dmg by a little, not too much, is the only real change i see being viable. I would love to see a new talent in for PI and SW:I since nether are useful to shadow. Again our dmg is fine compared to any other class other than fire mages. People just need to stop crying about not being in first palce, just because you are in the top middle of the pack isn't really a reason to complain so much.

I do like what Aica said about increasing sw's instant dmg. Another option would be to remove sw;I and give us a talent that allows us to MF on the move. The way they've done our talents really allows us to swap around from fight to fight, which is something really fun. I dislike having the same talents each fight. Giving us the option to have another viable 3rd tier 45 talent would be really nice.

People also need to understand how our class works. A lot of people tend not to really understand it. As someone already pointed out if, you increase MF's dmg that means the DPS value of FDCL gets depreciated. This cant happen, MB and FDCL are both very close dps wise. Blizzard did a really good job with those talents. You generally can not "buff" one spell and magically fix a class. Like if you buff the dmg done by MB, it makes DI a much stronger talent than ToF.
    Last edited by Drye; 2012-11-30 at 11:41 PM.

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

Quote Originally Posted by Drye View Post
    They fixed mind sear
    Source please?
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years

Quote Originally Posted by veiledy0 View Post
    Source please?
    It's been in multiple blue post. It just wasn't in the patch notes for some reason. You can go look at any log and see the increase, it's fairly significant. Just compare mind sear dmg with this weeks logs and last weeks logs. Look at the average dmg on hits. Obviously, if you have attained new gear this might be a little bit skewed but you can go through multiple logs and get an average of how much it has increased for our total dmg done. They increased the scaling on it to what I "think" is ~30% sp now(I'm not sure if that is the correct number but I know it's between 25-30%).

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt