Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Frost DPS. Trinket discussion + DW/2H

Hey!

I know this topic has been up before, but I decided to make a new one in the light that DW now seems to be the specc that is kicking the damagemeters.
    I'm currently Frost 2H, but have considered changing to DW for the simple reason that DW seems to be doing around the same damage on single target encounters, but rule the AoE fight by far!

I was just wondering which trinkets would be best to combine?
    It has come to my understanding that Relic of Xuen and Darkmist Vortex probably would be the best to combi for DW, but do the same count for 2H?
    I am currently using Relic of Xuen + Le'Shins which I think is working pretty good, though I actually find that I'm doing about the same damage with Le'shin + LotD.
    I can push around 78k dps on Blade'Lord (N) before shifting to p2 with both trinket combinations and an iLVL of 382.
    Anyone who have tried the fight out with other trinket combinations?
    And anyone who have tried the fight out while DW?

Deleted
    Relic of Xuen and Darkmist Vortex (HC) are BiS for DW and 2h. Lei Shin's is second in slot by a really small margin (depending on SW it can be even better) but I'd prefer DmV because it provides more passive bonus than Lei Shin's (so, if for w/e reason you can't dps while you have proc, you loose more potential dps with Lei Shin's than with DmV).

LotD is the best pre-raid trinket imho but it's by far the worse one when compared to raid/vp trinkets.

I didn't try Blade Lord yet so I'll pass on your other questions :P

Deleted
    Will test today. Got Lei Shin's(n) 2 days ago and using it in pair with Relic of Xuen. The DPS on Blade'Lord(N) seems good, Lei Shin's dps incress according to simm for me was about 3-3.5k (from the blue hc strenght trinket that I used before).

Deleted
    Okay, well I'm seeing a little dps increase on that particular bossfight too, but it comes down to when my trinkets procc 100%. With LotD it is much easier to control when you have the right rune-combination, abilities and other proccs ready for bursting, then you can simple pop your 4.2k strength and just go crazy! That might be why I don't experience a big dps increase on that boss fight.
    I am really looking forward getting my hands on DmV and try out my self!

Deleted
    You could try a bench on Elegon, since the boss fight lines almost perfect with DK's CD and you primary stay on the boss. At least try to compare the logs for phase 1.

My logs for Blade Lord Ta'yak, 480 ilvl with relic of xuen and jade charioteer thingie (click sig for armory)
    Somewhat similar gear I guess :3

471 Lessons of the Darkmaster vs. 489 Iron Belly Wok, having a hard time making the decision to buy the Iron Belly Wok or upgrade LFR Starshatter. Other trinket is LFR Lei Shin's Final Orders.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...s/Mytho/simple < Armory Link
    Last edited by Etai; 2012-11-30 at 01:58 AM.

Deleted
    Imo, get the Shado-Pan trinket.

Deleted
    While we are on the subject as a 2h with normal Sha axe + gem and upgraded in about 494 gear level I find that Darkmist Vortex (normal) simms better then Lei Shen's (normal). At least for me, haste is about 0.54 of strength meaning the proc translated into strength would be about +500 more over Lei Shen's. And as passive, that strength on Darkmist Vortex is very good. Only thing that changes is a bit of slower playstyle but it compensated when the haste procs.

Right now I am using DMF trinket (upgraded twice) and Darkmist Vortex (normal).

L.E.: seems haste for me is about 0.62 of strength now. Making the haste proc of Darkmist Vortex weigh in strength about 4300. Insane ammount consindering Lei Shen's offers about 3200 strength proc.
    Last edited by mmoc0127ab56ff; 2012-11-30 at 12:21 PM.

Deleted
    Darkmist and Lei Shin become equal when haste reaches 0.6 strength. Over than that Darkmist becomes better.

This is from a math PoV.

From a real situation PoV you have to change them according to each boss fight.

Deleted
    I think even lower. From the math I have done, the passive gain from stats, Darkmist wins each time. In no situation strenght in higher quantity from Darkmist can get toped by the haste on Lei Shin's. So then we just need to see when the proc's match in value due to the streght:haste ratio, haste under 0.46 or so should make it equal.

That considering the proc rate is the same and I do think it's the same and same internal global CD. If the proc varies then maybe.

And in terms of upgrade, Lei Shin's hc will be sooner to get then Darkmist hc so think I will stick with Darkmist untill I can get any of the heroic versions.

ps: Rolling with higher value of strength (17034 atm) seems to be nice also, so don't think I will have to change the trinkets according to each boss fight as there not that many fights where you have 0 add's and can just stack haste for single target. And even in them, the gain in DPS will be marginal.
    Last edited by mmoc0127ab56ff; 2012-11-30 at 03:45 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by naturestorm View Post
    That considering the proc rate is the same and I do think it's the same and same internal global CD. If the proc varies then maybe.
    Darkmist's ICD is 105 seconds.

I really don't like Darkmist Vortex's Haste proc for DW. The 105s ICD is way too high, so if it procs at a bad time, you waste more than twice as much compared to Lei Shin, which only has a 45s ICD. The ~7000 Haste is also bad when lined up with Heroism because as DW you'll overcap on resources even if every global is used to HB and FS (which means you'll overcap on BT charges). To me, I'll be using H Lei Shin + Relic of Xuen as my BiS trinkets for DW.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mikloeN View Post
    Hey!

I know this topic has been up before, but I decided to make a new one in the light that DW now seems to be the specc that is kicking the damagemeters.
    I'm currently Frost 2H, but have considered changing to DW for the simple reason that DW seems to be doing around the same damage on single target encounters, but rule the AoE fight by far!

I was just wondering which trinkets would be best to combine?
    It has come to my understanding that Relic of Xuen and Darkmist Vortex probably would be the best to combi for DW, but do the same count for 2H?
    I am currently using Relic of Xuen + Le'Shins which I think is working pretty good, though I actually find that I'm doing about the same damage with Le'shin + LotD.
    I can push around 78k dps on Blade'Lord (N) before shifting to p2 with both trinket combinations and an iLVL of 382.
    Anyone who have tried the fight out with other trinket combinations?
    And anyone who have tried the fight out while DW?
    Slightly off topic but....If you're only pushing 78K in P1 something is wrong. I'm 2 hand frost with a 481 ilv and I push out 147K dps on the fight. If you switch to the standard aoe rotation during p1 you will see your numbers go through the roof! Although I'm quite certain I would push out higher numbers as dw considering the increased damage to HB and FF.

Edit: Also by defaulting to the standard frost aoe rotation in P1 you greatly benefit your raid as the goal is to have all of the adds (minus the menders as they need to die first) die at roughly the same time as this will lessen the time people are in traps which maximizes dps as well as greatly reduces the time your healers have to heal the increased damage the boss is dishing out due to the stacks he gains. (End run-on sentence lol)
    Last edited by Samsarathedk; 2012-11-30 at 04:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Samsarathedk View Post
    Slightly off topic but....If you're only pushing 78K in P1 something is wrong. I'm 2 hand frost with a 481 ilv and I push out 147K dps on the fight. If you switch to the standard aoe rotation during p1 you will see your numbers go through the roof! Although I'm quite certain I would push out higher numbers as dw considering the increased damage to HB and FF.
    bladelord != windlord

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Italiandk View Post
    Darkmist's ICD is 105 seconds.
    You sir are correct! I was under the impression the ICD was lower then that. Redid the math's and simm's also, about a 3.8k DPS increase with Lei Shin's equiped. Guess the list is still correct!

ps: 99662.1 DPS, qq for the "over 100k" DPS in simm.
    Last edited by mmoc0127ab56ff; 2012-11-30 at 05:07 PM.

Deleted
    You sir are correct! I was under the impression the ICD was lower then that. Redid the math's and simm's also, about a 3.8k DPS increase with Lei Shin's equiped. Guess the list is still correct!

ps: 99662.1 DPS, qq for the "over 100k" DPS in simm.
    Are you using Simcraft for your simulations?

Deleted
    Yes I am for the simms, on ocassion I do math on paper to quick compare some items.

Deleted
    Yes I am for the simms, on ocassion I do math on paper to quick compare some items.
    Sincerly I still don't get why you had different result before knowing DM's ICD was 105 seconds. Maybe you were referring just to your math (but you talked about sim aswell, that's why I'm confused).

Deleted
    Exactly that Italaindk. Did a rough estimate on paper that didn't account for the 2.33x slower proc rate of the trinket. Then did a simcraft comparision of both trinkets equiped and as result Lei Shin's gives me about 3.8k DPS increase over DM.