Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabbynator View Post
    tsg right now and we only lost vs mage comp
    TSG aka high skill comp, so i can see why you'd be upset.

LOLOLOLOLOOOL.

Quote Originally Posted by iWolfBanei View Post
    Yeah this. Mage skillcap was pretty damn huge in WotLK - and carried on for a while in Cata but slowly got more and more braindead the more they nerfed frostbolt and buffed icelance...

to the point where it wasn't worth casting frostbolt at all anymore, and was just icelance / spellsteal spam and setting up deeps. Now it revolves pretty much around the ability to setup frost bomb shatters, which honestly isn't that hard.
    I have to agree and I see the same affect on my shadow priest. In Wotlk knowing when to juke and getting your cast off was probably one of the highest skill caps in the game. However when 4.0 came out many melee classes picked up interrupts. While juking one interupt was mental match between you and your opponet, trying to deal with 2 interupts is almost impossible. As casters were able to cast less, blizzard gave them more instant cast. The number of instant cast needs to be reduced along with the number of classes with interupts. Overall I would like to see things move back to Wotlk in terms of interupts, instant cast and cc.

Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    TSG aka high skill comp, so i can see why you'd be upset.

LOLOLOLOLOOOL.
    Tbh, I don't get why anyone thinks any comp plays much differently.

Glad on Mage as MLS in S7, and on Warrior as WLPally in S10. Not only was it easier pushing in S7 on the Mage, but the amount of focus required, combined with the ability to easily make up for horrible GCD choices or just poor play, I got bored.

I'm sick and kinda wonky in the head atm, but the purpose of this post was this:

The difference between a Glad team and a Challenger team is often never usage/damage. Using CD's (Off and Def) properly, and syncing CC is NOT THE DIFFICULT PART. It is communication, awareness, and adaptation. Your comp does. not. matter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Propainn View Post
    Your comp does. not. matter.
    Well if both teams are running with equal level of awareness, adaptation and communication the team
    with better comp wins. (or decided by RNG / 1 big mistake)

And the more you play together the less communication will matter as you already know ahead of time
    what your mate is going to do because he almost always does X in Y situation.

And on the topic, 2,2k has been free for everyone with any previous season arena experience since early
    WotLK. Up to 2,2k your comp doesn't really matter, some comps might be easier but in the end you can
    play 2,2k with pretty much any comp that makes more than zero sense.

Quote Originally Posted by VelmuVeera View Post
    TSG is really good atm what I've heard, idk about other dk comps though.
    only great thing about TSG was the overpowered warrior with gag order and insane avatar

now its being nerfed , I don't think that we will see any new high rated tsg's

Your comp does. not. matter.
    What a load of shit. Try playing double ret vs mage/spriest. Or ret/fdk vs 2 BM hunters.

Quote Originally Posted by Propainn

The difference between a Glad team and a Challenger team is often never usage/damage. Using CD's (Off and Def) properly, and syncing CC is NOT THE DIFFICULT PART. It is communication, awareness, and adaptation. Your comp does. not. matter.
    You can't see how a comp based on CC/burst coordination might come off as looking a little more difficult than one that just mashes damage into a single target until it dies? I mean sure, aside from the odd gimmick comp it takes a similar caliber of player to make glad range, but physical-based comps will keep getting flak for being braindead because their strats tend to be simple and inflexible.

10+ Year Old Account

Glad on Mage as MLS in S7, and on Warrior as WLPally in S10. Not only was it easier pushing in S7 on the Mage, but the amount of focus required, combined with the ability to easily make up for horrible GCD choices or just poor play, I got bored.

I'm sick and kinda wonky in the head atm, but the purpose of this post was this:

I dont really buy anything you said since you ended that paragraph with 'comp doesnt matter'. that's a silly thing to say.. given similar skill level comp is massive.

i've squeezed out glad 5 times on mage(s) in shatterplay and MLS and one season(8) of RMP. though i've never managed glad on any other toon i played hpal for TSG that somehow missed in s9 with 2700+ on bg9. i think cut off that season was like 2760. anyways i can tell you without a doubt.. TSG was a joke. lol. maybe it was the season iuno... i never touched pally again after that. wasnt a fun thing to play at all, just boring and repetitive.

normally i dont get into the epeen sX glad crap on MMO cause it's pointless. but i feel it's relevant since you listed your resume then turned around to say something nonsensical right after doing so. weird stuff.

it's not just me though, TSG is renown for being a mongo skilless cleave. just saying.. that's why i lol'd.

---------- Post added 2012-12-01 at 10:24 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by asb View Post
    You can't see how a comp based on CC/burst coordination might come off as looking a little more difficult than one that just mashes damage into a single target until it dies? I mean sure, aside from the odd gimmick comp it takes a similar caliber of player to make glad range, but physical-based comps will keep getting flak for being braindead because their strats tend to be simple and inflexible.
    this guy said the TLR for me <3
    Last edited by Lulbalance; 2012-12-01 at 10:30 AM.

Deleted
    Because dk can't unleash a metric shit tonne of damage.

Deleted
    pvp unholy is so boring that why i dont play pvp in cata hate unholy as hell
    Unholy is boring compared to frost? frost is litterally a 5 button spec where as unholy actually requires some skill to be good at and you get rewarded with the extra utility and mobility unholy brings... simple fact is DKs are weak atm compared to everything else, If your going to play Frost go for full resi and stay in blood pressence and have your warrior go for full dmg cause they will train you anyway cause once AMS is gone your fucked anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by R0AM3R View Post
    Unholy is boring compared to frost? frost is litterally a 5 button spec where as unholy actually requires some skill to be good at and you get rewarded with the extra utility and mobility unholy brings... simple fact is DKs are weak atm compared to everything else, If your going to play Frost go for full resi and stay in blood pressence and have your warrior go for full dmg cause they will train you anyway cause once AMS is gone your fucked anyway.
    DK is not as bad as people think here, just in the brackets most people play in 2s and 3s dks are extremely bad, as they get focused too easily shutting them down for good.

However, people must realize especially if they play in an active pvp guild, they can do always easily 5vs5 and rbgs. And here, friends, the dk is extremely good. I am still playing my dk in a rbg and topping not only meters(which does not say much, but anways) and kills, i am not that often in a focus as i am in arenas. I can even use frost presence. In arenas you have always to use blood presence at start.
    A friend plays a 2,5k team in 5vs5 as frost dk. He plays with a warrior, bm hunter, disc and holy. While the first 2 bursters got nerfed the dk is not and the disc was even buffed. besides people have trouble with focus: disc or dk? the disc is the leader of the group and plays extremly well, and the dk isn't going down any fast in blood presence, full resi, ams and 2 heals with high absorb shields.

So, ultimately, while its depressing that dks are shit in 2s and 3s.(maybe 2s with a good ret is still awesome, but 3s are out of discussion) some dudes here should be open for better brackets to gain their rating and see how successful it is to play a dk, no matter if he is frost or unholy, unholy btw is more rewarding to play and gains slowly more power and attention again. Just avoid 3s for god's sake.

All that said, the current design of the flavor frost spec is still faulty. I cannot see how tier3 in the talent system should be a choice for me. I mean chillbeans should be baseline, like shadowstep should be baseline for rogues. Here i see the biggest adantage of a mage, he just had it better with his talenttree with more real choices. Hopefully this gets fixed its all i need and want.
    Last edited by Tyrannica; 2012-12-05 at 02:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Highmoon7 View Post
    I have to agree and I see the same affect on my shadow priest. In Wotlk knowing when to juke and getting your cast off was probably one of the highest skill caps in the game. However when 4.0 came out many melee classes picked up interrupts. While juking one interupt was mental match between you and your opponet, trying to deal with 2 interupts is almost impossible. As casters were able to cast less, blizzard gave them more instant cast. The number of instant cast needs to be reduced along with the number of classes with interupts. Overall I would like to see things move back to Wotlk in terms of interupts, instant cast and cc.
    Give me a break. In cata, shadow was the caster that was least affected by interrupts. You would get locked out of shadow and still able to cast mindspike.

I agree all of what you have said there but only cannot be ok with "don't play 2s and 3s if you are a dk" part , which is also true.

It's just painfull that there is a plate wearer dps that can only stay alive if there are 2 healers healing him when he is focused.

This is the main broken part of being a dk in the first place. EVERY OTHER dps spec can survive longer than a dk. This has to be fixed somehow.

Deleted
    Lol, why do you have a dk in your comp ?!

I have an 85 mage but no incentive to level it. I absolutely hate what they have done to the class. before shatters took some skill to set up, now it's all instants and frost bomb.

you dont even need to cast frostbolt.

class is a joke.

---------- Post added 2012-12-05 at 05:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    I dont really buy anything you said since you ended that paragraph with 'comp doesnt matter'. that's a silly thing to say.. given similar skill level comp is massive.

i've squeezed out glad 5 times on mage(s) in shatterplay and MLS and one season(8) of RMP. though i've never managed glad on any other toon i played hpal for TSG that somehow missed in s9 with 2700+ on bg9. i think cut off that season was like 2760. anyways i can tell you without a doubt.. TSG was a joke. lol. maybe it was the season iuno... i never touched pally again after that. wasnt a fun thing to play at all, just boring and repetitive.

normally i dont get into the epeen sX glad crap on MMO cause it's pointless. but i feel it's relevant since you listed your resume then turned around to say something nonsensical right after doing so. weird stuff.

it's not just me though, TSG is renown for being a mongo skilless cleave. just saying.. that's why i lol'd.

---------- Post added 2012-12-01 at 10:24 AM ----------

this guy said the TLR for me <3
    a mage playing shatterplay calling another comp skillless.

thats classic.

lol deep

lol lifeswap

lol psyfiend

lol deep

lol frostbomb

so much skill for those
    Last edited by Moradim; 2012-12-05 at 10:59 PM.

tsg right now and we only lost vs mage comp
    TSG complaining about no skill required by someone else. I'm done with this world, cya! *flies away*

Deleted
    It's been this way since forever. I don't know why players take WoW PvP seriously, it has never been balanced.

i remember when casters had to cast and when they did they couldnt run around ...lol. when i first started playing wow (late bc) i didnt roll mage cause it intimidated me and looked too hard, thought glad mages were amazing. Now they are on the same lvl as cata rogues and wotlk reckstorming warriors lol. Lost mucho respect. im lvling a monk now