Poll: Your faction

Page 49 of 73 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Planetside 2 - Epic

I love CoD. I loved WoW.

This game is the best of both worlds and its FREE. I'm not as well articulated as this fellow on youtube, so check out his vid.This game is the best game I played in years and I've been playing since intellivision Burger Time lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZgB_EmHOQ0

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vathdar View Post
    Could you please give a link? Curious to see what actualy good pilots can do.
    ill watch for the stream, not sure how often the guy streams though.

Quote Originally Posted by Crableg View Post
    Busy downloading this now, looks awesome, are the battles really as big as they're made out to be ?

Apparently battles can take days or weeks to complete ?
    I am on a "very high pop" server Waterson US. Must have been a 300 player battle just at the bio lab we were defending. Game is pretty amazing and its FREE.
    I played in the beta and was really impressed. Yesterday we had a 30 tank convoy with at least 20/30 air support zerging was pretty awesome to see the scale of these battles.

---------- Post added 2012-11-30 at 01:45 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Engineer is pretty boss too. Hang out with a big group of guys, drop ammo, get tons of points.
    Yeah I was getting spammed while dead when I resd etc basically the whole time I had a box down.

Wow. I updated to the latest Nvidia beta drivers. I turned the graphics settings down to Low, and turned the resolution down to 1600x1024. The game is still unplayable. Have the frame rate of a toaster.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Deleted
    yeah you need a good processor, it doent tax the gpu at all. I can only play on indar or essamir, the green planet just tanks too low. My fps is pretty bad in big fights, I cant really reliably shoot, so I just play a medic / engineer / sunderer driver.

Quote Originally Posted by harkonen View Post
    yeah you need a good processor, it doent tax the gpu at all. I can only play on indar or essamir, the green planet just tanks too low. My fps is pretty bad in big fights, I cant really reliably shoot, so I just play a medic / engineer / sunderer driver.
    Well I have ai i5-2500K, but maybe it's time to start oc'ing. :/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Moon View Post
    Well I have ai i5-2500K, but maybe it's time to start oc'ing. :/
    How much RAM do you have? i have the same cpu without a OC used and going between 45-50 fps in big fights, playing in 1920x1080 with alot of stuff on high that is, seems weird.
    Last edited by mmoc0d096f98da; 2012-11-30 at 07:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by evokanu View Post
    How much RAM do you have? i have the same cpu without a OC used and going between 45-50 fps in big fights, playing in 1920x1080 with alot of stuff on high that is, seems weird.
    Check the sig for my setup. 8 gigs should be more than enough. I'm thinking maybe the beta drivers hurt more than they helped, might try reverting them.

Yeah, the game kinda runs like poop. I have to run on low across the board to get a reasonably steady framerate and I shouldn't have to with my rig. It's not impressive or anything, but it's not bad (i5 quad at 3.2GHz, 8GB ram and HD5770). Hoping they come out with some optimization patches soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Havn't had any performance issues here running on AMDx6 110t, 12gb ram and top line GTX680.
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nirawen View Post
    Havn't had any performance issues here running on AMDx6 110t, 12gb ram and top line GTX680.
    i have the same chip as you except 16gb ram and a 1gb 580GTX, game runs awesome for me as well.

My three year old 2.6 GHz processor, 6GB of RAM and HD5xxx (darned if I remember the exact number these days) machine runs the game fine (~30 FPS) with everything but shadows (low) and AO (off) at max. I still think it's a horribly mixed bag graphics wise though. Some of the texturing, particularly the sky boxes and lighted terminals, look terrible. And the amount of friendly fire is also still absurd... I played the game for 10 minutes yesterday and got ran over by friendly vehicles in a friendly base three times.
    ~ flarecde
    Reality is nothing; Perception is everything.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by flarecde View Post
    And the amount of friendly fire is also still absurd... I played the game for 10 minutes yesterday and got ran over by friendly vehicles in a friendly base three times.
    Indeed it is, the amount of people that walks in front of you when you open fire with a turret in a tight area is just retarded, its like they have a death wish or are just plainly blind. >.<
    Last edited by mmoc0d096f98da; 2012-11-30 at 09:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by evokanu View Post
    Indeed it is, the amount of people that walks in front of you when you open fire with a turret in a tight area is just retarded, its like they have a death wish or are just plainly blind. >.<
    I love it when people walk infront of my scope though.
    It usually ends with them dieing.

and a warning on my screen...

The amount of people who don't watch where they're flying (yes, flying) and crash into other vehicles is astounding. Go buy a liberator and float over a base in the middle of your empire's zerg swarm. Don't do anything, just sit there perfectly still. Guarantee within 90 seconds at least 4 people will die crashing into you with their fighters.

Deleted
    Fucking retarded cert gain rate and the horrible performance turns me away, i was actually really excited about this game.

Quote Originally Posted by kaiz View Post
    Fucking retarded cert gain rate and the horrible performance turns me away, i was actually really excited about this game.
    What about he cert rate game? It can get slow if you're away from the action, but I've had no problem getting them at a reasonable rate when there's some decently large fights going on. Especially as Engineer/Sniper. With how I play, I end up getting stupid amounts of XP/certs as those two.

Deleted
    Well, i got like 250 cert points after around what, 30-50 hours of gameplay? not sure, is there something that counts game time?

Quote Originally Posted by kaiz View Post
    Well, i got like 250 cert points after around what, 30-50 hours of gameplay? not sure, is there something that counts game time?
    That's obscenely low...like...obscenely. If you're quick, you can rack that up in an hour or less. I've dropped a few hours into the game in a session and made that, and that's without getting tons of experience.

How much of that time was actually spent in combat/working on objectives?

Deleted
    348 kills, 179 deaths and 464 cert points of total time played with K/D 1.944

How much have you played and what do you have unlocked so far?