Something wrong with dps after 5.1?

So,

Im not the best hunter and not a theorycrafter but, after 5.1 my dps (BM) went down (specially in burst) and my question is:
    Do hunters suffered dps loss after patch 5.1?

Note: I read the patch notes and maybe missed something (or not)

10+ Year Old Account
    Your likely suffering from having to learn how to stagger your shots now that Fox is baked into the standard Hunter kit.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

BM burst was toned down a little, however if you're talking about arenas, Stampede was fixed having been broken and doing 400% of its intended damage.

If you're talking about PvE, Lynx rush was changed and the damage, provided we're talking about an encounter that goes on for longer than a heroic boss, will even out but will not initially spike quite as high.
    Last edited by Amat; 2012-11-30 at 11:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    Your likely suffering from having to learn how to stagger your shots now that Fox is baked into the standard Hunter kit.
    Maybe. Im losing some KC when I spam my buttons. Before I was like hit movement key to cancel and use KC or something like that. Now I need to macro my skills to cancel cast? Or something better to do?

Quote Originally Posted by Amat View Post
    BM burst was toned down a little, however if you're talking about arenas, Stampede was fixed having been broken and doing 400% of its intended damage.

If you're talking about PvE, Lynx rush was changed and the damage, provided we're talking about an encounter that goes on for longer than a heroic boss, will even out.
    Im PvE. Arena I dont care much. I changed Lynx rush to Blink Strike and think it`s better. Is it better for BM?

Quote Originally Posted by XingoJenkins View Post
    Before I was like hit movement key to cancel and use KC or something like that. Now I need to macro my skills to cancel cast? Or something better to do?
    Yeah, this is something you're going to want another solution for, you're gonna have to either use the Escape key, or a macro bound elsewhere, I also used movement to cancel the occasional erroneous Cobra/Steady. Just requires a small lifestyle change, it will soon go from awkward to as natural as jerk movement was.

Quote Originally Posted by XingoJenkins View Post
    So,

Im not the best hunter and not a theorycrafter but, after 5.1 my dps (BM) went down (specially in burst) and my question is:
    Do hunters suffered dps loss after patch 5.1?

Note: I read the patch notes and maybe missed something (or not)
    Your dps should've only went up. Burst really shouldn't have changed too much, I'm still bursting very strong and high.

I broke a couple shields on Zian on H-Spirit Kings tonight because I'm used to just juking to interrupt a CoS if he's casting shield. Now I have to turn 360 degrees and walk away. :/

I'm like you, just a casual player and don't read up deep into the perfect shot priorities and all that.

We raided on patch day and I didn't change a thing on my gear, not even with upgrading any of it. Overall on most boss pulls my burst was usually a little less then it was previously but my overall dps for the entire fights was up by 10k+. It most of the DPS was up quite a bit but a lot of them did upgrade stuff so who knows. Bosses went down quicker then usual too.

I didn't have time to check into the adjustments that could be made and was still using LR and all. Of course that 10k gain came a lot from being able to move while casting CoS.

If you were using Lynx rush, it is possible that your damage went down, even with the +5% AP buff. (the bleed version is slightly weaker than befor, believe me or not)
    if you where using BS/aMoC it shouldnt, becaus in that case the only thing that changed is the +AP.
    but today at the latest, you should see your damage go up :-) Serpent Sting got buffed by 100%, that should be very noticeable, especially on multiple target fights, and even more so as SV

Deleted
    /stopcasting
    /cast Kill Command/Glaive Toss/Kill Shot ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mettimo View Post
    /stopcasting
    /cast Kill Command/Glaive Toss/Kill Shot ?
    /stopcasting
    /stopcasting
    /cast kill command/glavie toss/killshot

*fixed*