Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hikashuri View Post
    You CAN soak the exploding protector on heroic elegon with use of ironhawk and glyphed deterence, you barely take 100k of it.

---------- Post added 2012-11-22 at 12:12 PM ----------

Why would you waste deterence on it when you can LOS behind the pillars (which you are meant to do) lol.

---------- Post added 2012-11-22 at 12:20 PM ----------

You can disengage through it with deterence + glyph and survive, takes about 200-260k hit (on heroic).
    Maybe because you don't want him to absorb any of the orbs and heal and using deterrence will allow you to freely run around on the platform picking them up?
    Last edited by Tehstool; 2012-11-22 at 03:28 PM.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    Maybe because you don't want him to absorb any of the orbs and heal and using deterrence will allow you to freely run around on the platform picking them up?
    This /10char

Why would you waste deterence on it when you can LOS behind the pillars (which you are meant to do) lol.
    Sometimes he spawns orbs and casts blossom the next second. Sometimes you NEED to pick up the orbs in your general location before line of sighting.

Deleted
    On Blade lord you can use glyph of dissengage it gives you and andvanteg on the wirlatack, when timed right you can go much further because of the pull, but be ware that using it to late or beeing to close to the boss can and up fatal. + specing into 1 min detterenc will alow you to use it on each unnsenn stricke, and use cheetah or dissengage to get in place quicker

Deleted
    You CAN Deterrence soak the exploding protectors on Elegon, I do that as often as I can, and it works.

Use Fox on Blade lord's WW. As it's casting you can run a good distance. Cast 2-3 then swap back to iron hawk for KC/AS.
    Be careful when disengaging on the whirlwind, as hitting a tornado can fling you back in. >_> not that it happened to me.... <_<

For sha of fear keep your pet on the boss (defensive) and remove /petattack from macros (it was in my KC). You'll do more DPS overall as your pet isn't dicking around with adds. Also, lynx rush on the adds is terrible as most hits are deflected.

Quote Originally Posted by iggie View Post

For sha of fear keep your pet on the boss (defensive) and remove /petattack from macros (it was in my KC). You'll do more DPS overall as your pet isn't dicking around with adds. Also, lynx rush on the adds is terrible as most hits are deflected.
    I personally don't agree with this. I think it's beneficial to get your pet on the add and leave him the for the duration since he doesn't have to move for the breaths. Getting the ads down faster is more important than the boss dps. IMO

also -have mostly updated this thread. I left off a lot of the common sense comments - while helpful, I don't feel that they are tips and tricks (for example, using Fox while moving...things like that). Let me know if there's something that was suggested that didn't make it to the master list.

Quote Originally Posted by bellatrex View Post
    I personally don't agree with this. I think it's beneficial to get your pet on the add and leave him the for the duration since he doesn't have to move for the breaths. Getting the ads down faster is more important than the boss dps. IMO

also -have mostly updated this thread. I left off a lot of the common sense comments - while helpful, I don't feel that they are tips and tricks (for example, using Fox while moving...things like that). Let me know if there's something that was suggested that didn't make it to the master list.
    Unless your pushing on heroic getting the adds down isn't a problem. Common sense tells me having a stationary pet is more dps. More dps is good. If your guild is bad at dps then feel free to move your pet.

Again, lynx rush is worthless on the adds as well as every attack won't be behind the add. So if you are using your pet on the adds, don't use LR

This is really very helpful! I hate flanking orders but I disengage away everytime but the NO GT during MC is a good thing to know!

Quote Originally Posted by iggie View Post
    Unless your pushing on heroic getting the adds down isn't a problem. Common sense tells me having a stationary pet is more dps. More dps is good. If your guild is bad at dps then feel free to move your pet.

Again, lynx rush is worthless on the adds as well as every attack won't be behind the add. So if you are using your pet on the adds, don't use LR
    The enrage on Sha on normal is such a joke that "more dps on the boss" is an irrelevant need. Why make shit harder on your healers, especially since this is a 2 heal fight, especially when you can KC an add while in the cone, AND blink strike?

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    The enrage on Sha on normal is such a joke that "more dps on the boss" is an irrelevant need. Why make shit harder on your healers, especially since this is a 2 heal fight, especially when you can KC an add while in the cone, AND blink strike?
    Or throw Murder of Crows up on the add when it spawns (should be alive for atleast the 30 seconds it takes for AMOC to run out).

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Or throw Murder of Crows up on the add when it spawns (should be alive for atleast the 30 seconds it takes for AMOC to run out).
    As do I, but some people like LR still!

You can spec into crouching tiger hidden chimera and glyph into deterrence on H blade lord ta'yak and have your deterrence up for every unseen strike.

On Lei Shi, once the water spout indicating her position is found, you can launch (or drop, but chances are launching will be much faster) an explosive trap on it and it will trigger, hopefully causing her to emerge faster. No harm in throwing a snake trap as well since you can't do much else.

On amber shaper un'sok you can deterrence the amber explosion from any source and you can deterrence the stomp just in in case you are in melee for the adds.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiralphoenix View Post
    On Lei Shi, once the water spout indicating her position is found, you can launch (or drop, but chances are launching will be much faster) an explosive trap on it and it will trigger, hopefully causing her to emerge faster. No harm in throwing a snake trap as well since you can't do much else.
    Does Snake Trap actually trigger? I tried it in LFR the other day and it didn't proc, then again I may have been a yard or two off (seeing shes invisible).

You can spec into crouching tiger hidden chimera and glyph into deterrence on H blade lord ta'yak and have your deterrence up for every unseen strike.
    The damage on unseen is negligible with 9 people stacking. It's better to just use it on tempest if you have the debuff to help your healers out.

Quote Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
    The damage on unseen is negligible with 9 people stacking. It's better to just use it on tempest if you have the debuff to help your healers out.
    I guess it was better for our first kill, but you still have to admit being able to use it every unseen strike is pretty op. I've done the fight a lot and i've had the debuff during the unseen strike too... So it is also consistent mitigation.
    Last edited by Tehstool; 2012-12-01 at 09:19 AM.

I guess it was better for our first kill, but you still have to admit being able to use it every unseen strike it pretty op.
    Right absolutely. CTHC + glyph is so useful on so many fights it's crazy.

Breaking blue on dogs, preventing damage on feng, using it at 20% with voodoo, kiting orbs on heroic kings (they pick targets on proximity and you can kite 2-3 with deterrence and iron hawk), soaking on elegon, soaking on Will, IVZ rings if you goof up, tempest or unseen or even last phase on Blade lord, pheremones kiting to help healers, rain of blades on wind lord, aoe on amber if you eat some of them with raid cd, explosions on queen, running on lei shi if healers need help, soaking orbs on sha.

Deterrence is probably one of our most used spells now. I think in DS I really only cared about it on spine and ultraxion.

Quote Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
    Right absolutely. CTHC + glyph is so useful on so many fights it's crazy.

Breaking blue on dogs, preventing damage on feng, using it at 20% with voodoo, kiting orbs on heroic kings (they pick targets on proximity and you can kite 2-3 with deterrence and iron hawk), soaking on elegon, soaking on Will, IVZ rings if you goof up, tempest or unseen or even last phase on Blade lord, pheremones kiting to help healers, rain of blades on wind lord, aoe on amber if you eat some of them with raid cd, explosions on queen, running on lei shi if healers need help, soaking orbs on sha.

Deterrence is probably one of our most used spells now. I think in DS I really only cared about it on spine and ultraxion.
    Yeah for sure lol... I don't really think i used it at all in DS except those two fights.

If they do put this in the guide they can probably put something like "if your group needs to..."
    Last edited by Tehstool; 2012-12-01 at 09:26 AM.