Thread: Maxing Valor

Maxing Valor

Hey guys, just a quick question. I was wondering what the easiest/fastest way to max valor is? I've got my legendary gem, and now I need 6k valor, and am finding it quite difficult to grind the valor required (weekly). I understand that heroics/dailies are the main source, but has anyone tested grinding one vs. the other? Thank You!

If you're dps and have a long wait for heroics, but don't want to do dailies, it's pretty efficient to queue for both a heroic and a scenario at the same time. The scenario will pop instantly, and when it's over, the heroic will pop instantly.

It's what I do for valor since I only do dailies when friends are on. Not sure if it's correct, but someone did the math that you would need to do all of the dailies possible for 4 days of the week to cap valor. With a conservative estimate of 2hrs a day, that's about 8 hours.

The first heroic of the day gives 80, which is 16 dailies' worth. So if you can do a heroic faster than you can do 16 dailies, that seems faster. After that is 40 points, if I remember? So 8 dailies.

If you get a bad group and the dungeon takes a while, it seems less efficient, but a good group can clear them in ~15 minutes each. Can you do 8 dailies in 15 minutes?

Not drawing any conclusions, as I don't really know which is better, but these are just my thoughts.

15+ Year Old Account
    Might be wrong but ive found instances the quickest son. LFR also for the bonus of some loot you need.

Since theres no limit on the amount of dungeons per day you can do, i imagine this would be the best option. since you start off with an advantage of having 80 VP.

Considering dailies give 5 per quest, you need 16 dailies to even reach that and no one zone gives you that amount of dailies you can do altogether, if dailies are stilll capped at being able to do only 25 a day, then you will only get 125 VP from them as a total, whereas dungeons you can run over and over until you cap, without their being a limit.

put simply, with you getting 80 from your first heroic then 40 from the next two heroics, you're already higher than your daily cap for the day.

Granted, if you have a steady group it will go faster in dungeons too, failing that, do dailies while queuing and get the benefit of both.

Quote Originally Posted by Outcry View Post
    Hey guys, just a quick question. I was wondering what the easiest/fastest way to max valor is? I've got my legendary gem, and now I need 6k valor, and am finding it quite difficult to grind the valor required (weekly). I understand that heroics/dailies are the main source, but has anyone tested grinding one vs. the other? Thank You!
    All 18 bosses of LFR [450(90*5)] + 1 scenario every day [280(40*7)] + 3 days of 1 heroic a day [240(80*3)] will get you to 970. Then you can decide to either do 2 more scenarios on any day or a few dailies. This is the way I do it (actually have to do less because I do 5 bosses a week normal raid as well). I'm not sure if this is faster or slower than running a heroic a day or not but you have a better chance at loot and it's more enjoyable to me. Also, the players in heroics are getting very bad.

Quote Originally Posted by r3d3mpt10n View Post
    Since theres no limit on the amount of dungeons per day you can do, i imagine this would be the best option. since you start off with an advantage of having 80 VP.

Considering dailies give 5 per quest, you need 16 dailies to even reach that and no one zone gives you that amount of dailies you can do altogether, if dailies are stilll capped at being able to do only 25 a day, then you will only get 125 VP from them as a total, whereas dungeons you can run over and over until you cap, without their being a limit.

put simply, with you getting 80 from your first heroic then 40 from the next two heroics, you're already higher than your daily cap for the day.

Granted, if you have a steady group it will go faster in dungeons too, failing that, do dailies while queuing and get the benefit of both.
    I think Golden Lotus actually gets close to 16 a day once you're revered, and they removed the 25 daily limit when MoP hit.

However dungeons/scenarios/LFR are your best bet on getting things done quickly.

Thanks alot for these great reply's.

If you can assemble a good, consistent group for challenge mode dungeons, that's probably the fastest way. Otherwise, mixing random heroics with random scenarios would be the way to go. Then if you raid and/or LFR, there's a chunk of VP you don't have to look for elsewhere.

Deleted
    Yeah, we did 3 CM gold yesterday with one being the daily and after lfr and clearing farmcontent I'm capped already (EU, so lockout reset isn't until wednesday)

Comes down to time vs effort and the things you have avialable to you, if you have active guild members then running scenarios and dungeons is one of the fastest ways imo, LFR offers a big chucnk of VP but with the way they are going in some battle grps you could be in them for a whole night and still not get it done.

Deleted
    Good info here, thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    I just do all the lfr's each week and a heroic dungeon a day. If you aren't desperate to get all the lfr's done on Tuesday you can queue for a section of lfr and a heroic dungeon at the same time each day to cut down on times. That said if you have any dailies you can just queue for a heroic dungeon while you're doing them and you'll make the most of your time.

It feels extremely slow compared to 4.3 but you get used to it. eventually.

I queue for dungeons and do dailies while I wait for the queue. Two dungeons per day plus whatever dailies you get done in the meantime should get you there. If not, the odd scenario here and there will fill the gaps.

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    All 18 bosses of LFR [450(90*5)] + 1 scenario every day [280(40*7)] + 3 days of 1 heroic a day [240(80*3)] will get you to 970.
    F'ing brilliant!! Thank you for this info !! Starting next reset, I'm following this out line!

Deleted
    Thanks for the info

Quote Originally Posted by Outcry View Post

Another option if you want and don't want to wait in queue's are Scenarios. They are pretty quick and almost no queue time. If you do the daily heroic/scenario each day it'll add up quickly and you won't get as burned out as if you did them all in one sitting.

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    All 18 bosses of LFR [450(90*5)] + 1 scenario every day [280(40*7)] + 3 days of 1 heroic a day [240(80*3)] will get you to 970. Then you can decide to either do 2 more scenarios on any day or a few dailies. This is the way I do it (actually have to do less because I do 5 bosses a week normal raid as well). I'm not sure if this is faster or slower than running a heroic a day or not but you have a better chance at loot and it's more enjoyable to me. Also, the players in heroics are getting very bad.
    As Blizzard would say this is the most "efficient" way of doing it, but if you want you have the option of just straight grinding which wouldn't be as efficient.

The technically fastest way is actually Challenge Mode dungeons. Even a Silver ranking (which is ridiculously easy to get for any competent group) nets you 75 valor for less than 20 minute's effort. Of course, that would require actually being familiar with the dungeon and playing well....

Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    The technically fastest way is actually Challenge Mode dungeons. Even a Silver ranking (which is ridiculously easy to get for any competent group) nets you 75 valor for less than 20 minute's effort. Of course, that would require actually being familiar with the dungeon and playing well....
    And don't forget that you have to go to the instance. So that's a bit more than 20 minutes (or really boring if you repeat the same instance many times)