Deleted

Should I buy a fresh account or return to the old?

I'm not sure if it's the right place to ask this so if it isn't, please move it to where it belongs.

Anyway, I'll try to keep it short. I quit WoW when I went to college, which was over a year ago and I've been thinking about returning as a casual lately.
    The problem is that my WoW account was bought for me by my dad when I was 14 and he registered it under hes name so he could use parental controls (dont ask:P). Anyway, I can't change any details about the account since he has forgotten the secret question and doesn't want to give me hes picture ID. So if anything should happen to it, I wouldn't be able to get it restored.

I was pretty active player when I played so I have a lot of 80s (quit shortly after Cata came out) as well as achievement points and gold. I guess I could just transfer the gold but all my rare mounts and achievements would be lost, some of which could take a year to get back again.

PS, how much would a fresh package of all the expansions including MoP cost these days if I should choose to do it?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's up to you. You could also open a new account on the B.NET account, and transfer all the characters, though it's expensive.

You just missed the black friday sale.

I got MoP for $10 at Best Buy. Battle chest was $5, and Cata was $5 for a total of $20.

Currently though Battle chest (vanilla-wotlk) is $20, Cata is $30, and MoP is $40 so you would be spending $90 on the game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    It's up to you. You could also open a new account on the B.NET account, and transfer all the characters, though it's expensive.
    I already have one with D3 on it.. but I guess I would have to know the secret question or provide picture ID anyway. Only my main character really matters as it has the achievements and maybe 1 alt. I don't care much about the rest as I just leveled them up and left them there and only did an odd dungeon or pug raid with them.

---------- Post added 2012-12-01 at 06:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mercarcher View Post
    You just missed the black friday sale.

I got MoP for $10 at Best Buy. Battle chest was $5, and Cata was $5 for a total of $20.

Currently though Battle chest (vanilla-wotlk) is $20, Cata is $30, and MoP is $40 so you would be spending $90 on the game.
    Damn! Thanks for the info.. was it available in the EU as well though?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    I already have one with D3 on it.. but I guess I would have to know the secret question or provide picture ID anyway. Only my main character really matters as it has the achievements and maybe 1 alt. I don't care much about the rest as I just leveled them up and left them there and only did an odd dungeon or pug raid with them.
    If you have the license key for the other account you might get access to it anyway. I was able to use that remove my authenticator once when my phone was lost.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    If you have the license key for the other account you might get access to it anyway. I was able to use that remove my authenticator once when my phone was lost.
    Yea, unfortunately since it was bought over 5 years ago, I couldn't find that either. We moved a few years back so the box and the CDs were probably left in the old place.

10+ Year Old Account
    There will likely be some additional sales over the next few weeks because it's just that time of year. It's true you just missed an excellent opportunity to get caught up with getting game current for much less money than normal. But there will likely be other sales and sooner rather than later.

As to the other: I don't have anything much to say about your personal situation with the older account but for me personally, I started with a fresh account during the last expansion and haven't really regretted it. I had intended to do one thing with the new account but found that a fresh start after being away for a while was not a bad thing.

Other than that personal recollection, only you know how you would react to that sort of thing. If you've been around the game a long time and have a lot of time and yourself invested in it, starting over may not be your best move.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    There will likely be some additional sales over the next few weeks because it's just that time of year. It's true you just missed an excellent opportunity to get caught up with getting game current for much less money than normal. But there will likely be other sales and sooner rather than later.

As to the other: I don't have anything much to say about your personal situation with the older account but for me personally, I started with a fresh account during the last expansion and haven't really regretted it. I had intended to do one thing with the new account but found that a fresh start after being away for a while was not a bad thing.

Other than that personal recollection, only you know how you would react to that sort of thing. If you've been around the game a long time and have a lot of time and yourself invested in it, starting over may not be your best move.
    There's lots of time invested and lots of memories but I would be welcomed back to my old guild even with a new account and I still have a lot of gold, even though I quit a long time ago (if 700k still is a lot). So starting a new wouldn't be so hard. But I tend to get a bit too sentimental and nostalgic so that's what Im really the most afraid of.

That said, I do think that it might be best to just buy a new account in the long run. If the old one gets stolen or locked for some reason, I wouldn't only lose everything I would lose when starting anew but also everything I'll do in the future.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    I still have a lot of gold, even though I quit a long time ago (if 700k still is a lot).
    I can only wish I had 700K gold. It's still quite a bit. Maybe not as much as years ago but it's a pretty good stake
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."