Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaderas View Post
    I'm thinking you mean Dreadful? Anyways, not sure how good Warlock's base mastery is, but do this:

Get all PVP gear, Malevolent over Dreadful (yeah, I know, obvious).
    Gem for all PVP power pretty much.
    Reforge Mastery?
    Pop that cooldown that gives you like 18,000 Mastery or whatever it is...
    Pop other applicable cooldowns that may help.
    Cast Chaos Wave
    Profit!

Yes yes, Dreadful Gear not deadly

As for the rest, other than upgrading to Season 12, I do the rest, and I can tell you now I have NEVER hit CW for more than 60-70k under Dark Soul (18k mastery CD) That + Meta is the only cool-down I have, and the other 2 we have (Doomgaurd + Infernal) can't be used in Arena (And wouldn't help the 220k crit anyway)

I really don't get it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iWolfBanei View Post
    No, it's not balanced even if every class in the game could do it.
    if every class can do it.. by definition.. it IS balanced. thanks for coming out though.

Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    And stop stacking on top of each other, demonology punishes stacking hard.
    Also, chaoswave is fine, it's your own fault for getting hit by it.
    Lol this sad answer again.

"It's easy just don't get hit!" Derp.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theholypally View Post
    Lol this sad answer again.

"It's easy just don't get hit!" Derp.
    no dude. seriously.. you need to learn how to handle that class and spec, period.

how do you not see that? i'm genuinely curious what your thought process is. Demo is inherently ungbeatable? created as a good class that is too hard for you and your partners to crack? damage is so fast you cant react? cant see that glowing red ball of a smoke with demon wings when he pops CDs? buffs too small to identify? do you not know which of you D-cds to click? colors confusing you? srsly... what is wrong here? you know they can only kill you once every 2 mins.. deal with that burst.

i'm assuming this 483 human male hpal is you.. without a 3v3 1550 achivo; this is whats got this game to this point dude.. hoke choke's like you going 'DERP ITS NOT EASY'. yea well no fkn shit it's not easy theres another dude playing that toon trying to kill you.. thats the point. the easier it gets.. the shittier pvp gets, MoP is proof.

Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    no dude. seriously.. you need to learn how to handle that class and spec, period.

how do you not see that? i'm genuinely curious what your thought process is. Demo is inherently ungbeatable? created as a good class that is too hard for you and your partners to crack? damage is so fast you cant react? cant see that glowing red ball of a smoke with demon wings when he pops CDs? buffs too small to identify? do you not know which of you D-cds to click? colors confusing you? srsly... what is wrong here? you know they can only kill you once every 2 mins.. deal with that burst.

i'm assuming this 483 human male hpal is you.. without a 3v3 1550 achivo; this is whats got this game to this point dude.. hoke choke's like you going 'DERP ITS NOT EASY'. yea well no fkn shit it's not easy theres another dude playing that toon trying to kill you.. thats the point. the easier it gets.. the shittier pvp gets, MoP is proof.
    Jesus you really are dumb.

I'll honestly just leave it at that because the sheer stupidity in this post alone amazes me. Your conclusions are so out of this world it makes me wonder what exactly you were smoking when you came into this thread.
    Last edited by Theholypally; 2012-12-01 at 10:34 AM.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Jesus you really are dumb.
    why did you feel the need to capitalize jesus... and add a period at the end of your sentence, but be too fkn stupid to put in a comma?

you're the cutest kind of ironic.

Jesus isn't dumb, friend. But you are a great pally!

why did you feel the need to capitalize jesus... and add a period at the end of your sentence, but be too fkn stupid to put in a comma?

you're the cutest kind of ironic.

Jesus isn't dumb, friend. But you are a great pally!
    Hahahahaha really? Oh man you are golden

Continue digging your hole and let me know when you want to climb out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hahahahaha really? Oh man you are golden

Continue digging your hole and let me know when you want to climb out.

...you're a great pally!

Lock/mage synergy is just too Godly - how are you supposed to dodge chaos waves when you've got RoF/DF/novas to contend with as soon as dark soul gets popped?

Since 5.1 I'm struggling to get a decent cross-realm RBG team on either my rogue or arms. As Gilfer said, everyone I've spoken to want 2 locks, 1 dk and 2mages, leaving hunters/rets/enhancers/arms/rogues/ferals/moonkins/eles/spriests/windwalkers fighting over one spot per team.
    Stormscale Horde EU | http://lastrogue.com

if every class can do it.. by definition.. it IS balanced. thanks for coming out though.
    By your definiton.

10+ Year Old Account
    What I'd do against a demo lock is this. Attempt to put them on the defensive early, seeing as their resource takes time to build up. This shouldn't be hard considering how many classes can go all-in cds rolling out of the starting gate.
    If they do get resources, wait for them to pop their CDs. They go meta, turn red, try to cc your healer even.

At this point, I'd make it a priority to cc the warlock, use defensives, and los him. Once those moments are over (especially if you managed to los an already cast CW, props) you can consider yourself safe for I'd say about 180 seconds.
    Guatama - Enhancement
    Slowbrah - Retribution/Holy
    Jamespage - Demonology PVP
    Evocati (H - Zul'jin) is recruiting for 25 man.
    Visit our website to apply.

Is it "fine"? No
    Is it relatively overpowered? No
    Is it unavoidable? No
    Should it, along with all other retarded burst abilities change? Hell yes

Don't blame Chaos Wave for this stupidity, blame the whole MoP play-style.

---------- Post added 2012-12-01 at 09:18 PM ----------

Also, remember that the warlock needs significant ramp-up before bursting, hence why it "should" be more powerful than other bursting abilities. However, we all know that this kind of thing doesn't really work in PvP, because it'd still be overpowered even if it needed ramp-up. So there's a lot of conflicting designs which will never work out.

Just tossing it out there, Chaos Wave costs a fuck load of Demonic Fury. Smart (read: good) Warlocks will double stack HoG and jump into Meta with CDs popped while the 2nd HoG is in travel time and do WAY more damage than 2 Chaos Waves ever could, for 1/4 the Fury.

In other words, just wait until the bads start getting decent at playing the spec. You'll have much more to cry about.

Quote Originally Posted by NPSlow View Post
    At this point, I'd make it a priority to cc the warlock, use defensives, and los him. Once those moments are over (especially if you managed to los an already cast CW, props) you can consider yourself safe for I'd say about 180 seconds.
    ^This. If you don't see the damage coming, you're not a good player.

If you're a Warlock, and you see this coming, port out of LoS or pop a CD.
    If you're a Mage, Blanket Silence, Blink or run out of LoS.
    If you're a Rogue, Cloak or Spint and LoS.
    If you're a Warrior, Spell Reflect, Mass Spell Reflect, Shield Wall, Heroic Leap out of LoS.
    If you're a DK, AmS or Strangulate, or pop Defensives, or Remorseless Winter.
    If you're a Monk, Silence or Paralyze and run out of LoS.
    If you're a Pally, HoG, Bubble or Repentance.
    If you're a Shaman, Grounding Totem, pop Astral Shift and pillar hump.
    If you're a Hunter, Deterrence, Trap and run away.
    If you're a Priest, Fear Bomb, Dispersion.

Basically, get better at the game, and this won't be a problem.
    Last edited by Teye; 2012-12-01 at 10:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    ^This. If you don't see the damage coming, you're not a good player.

If you're a ....................
    What part of CC do you not understand? All of your suggestions apart from Bubble involve being in control of your character - hard in 3s, impossible in RBGs.
    Stormscale Horde EU | http://lastrogue.com

Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    If you're a Warlock, and you see this coming, port out of LoS or pop a CD.
    If you're a Mage, Blanket Silence, Blink or run out of LoS.
    If you're a Rogue, Cloak or Spint and LoS.
    If you're a Warrior, Spell Reflect, Mass Spell Reflect, Shield Wall, Heroic Leap out of LoS.
    If you're a DK, AmS or Strangulate, or pop Defensives, or Remorseless Winter.
    If you're a Monk, Silence or Paralyze and run out of LoS.
    If you're a Pally, HoG, Bubble or Repentance.
    If you're a Shaman, Grounding Totem, pop Astral Shift and pillar hump.
    If you're a Hunter, Deterrence, Trap and run away.
    If you're a Priest, Fear Bomb, Dispersion.

Basically, get better at the game, and this won't be a problem.
    chaos wave does some weird kind of damage. you can't cloak it, and you can't ams it. but you CAN BoP it, i've had it punch through my -40% magic wall. its very odd. and making a list like that is pretty silly if you don't actually know how to counter chaos waves.

you can't always LoS it. there are maps where LoS is nearly impossible (RoV) and there are maps where a lock will abuse the Z axis (sewers, blades edge) to prevent you from LoSing. lets not get into clusterfucks in rbgs.

the fact that it can do at least 50% of your hp in one global possibly more is incredibly stupid. this kind of damage is on top of warlock's already excellent pvp toolkit.

generating full fury is really really easy if you roll corruption on everything and manage your pets correctly, you can get to full with out even casting anything.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

Deleted
    Also, chaoswave is fine, it's your own fault for getting hit by it.
    Go away
    plz

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kosechi View Post
    chaos wave does some weird kind of damage. you can't cloak it, and you can't ams it. but you CAN BoP it, i've had it punch through my -40% magic wall. its very odd. and making a list like that is pretty silly if you don't actually know how to counter chaos waves.

you can't always LoS it. there are maps where LoS is nearly impossible (RoV) and there are maps where a lock will abuse the Z axis (sewers, blades edge) to prevent you from LoSing. lets not get into clusterfucks in rbgs.

the fact that it can do at least 50% of your hp in one global possibly more is incredibly stupid. this kind of damage is on top of warlock's already excellent pvp toolkit.

generating full fury is really really easy if you roll corruption on everything and manage your pets correctly, you can get to full with out even casting anything.
    Kill the pet?
    Dispel corruption and doom?
    Just chain cc the warlock so he can't even cast instants?

You know, if you just kill the pet, you cripple the warlock his fury generation by a lot. Not only that, you make him spend 200 fury for a new pet.
    You know, having 3 corruptions roll with 100% uptime gives the warlock 4 fury/second.
    It costs a warlock 200 fury or 3.33fury/second to resummon his pet.

Yes, the pet will generate fury, but if you just kill it instantly, which is very easy btw, you reduce the warlock his fury generation to a minimum.
    In addition to that, warlocks try to keep their aura up, which is 150 fury for 30sec aura. You can dispel it instantly to waste his fury.

Sure we still have felflame, a spell that costs a good amount of mana for little damage. Yes I know it generates 15 fury per cast, but realise how little it is when you know a warlock frequently spends 50 fury for his interrupt/knockback or 50 for his leap or 120 for a non-burst chaoswave.

Warlocks are easier to shut down than most people think, the problem is that everyone ignores the warlock because they deal little damage without cooldowns, and have a decent amount of tools to survive burst.

By human logic it's more reasonable to focus on a death knight or a warrior for example because they deal a good amount of damage and pose a treat without cooldowns and happens to be standing in your face while the warlock is standing at range, dealing little damage, knowing he can escape as soon as you switch on him.

Nope. You're ignoring the fact the game is 'balanced' around 3v3 AND involves healers in that model.

By definition, balance would mean all classes have equal viability. Why would you pick a healer if you could 1shot with 1 class, let alone 3 dps classes. So no, under Blizzards model, if every class could 1shot by themselves that isn't balanced.

Kill the pet?
    Dispel corruption and doom?
    Just chain cc the warlock so he can't even cast instants?

You know, if you just kill the pet, you cripple the warlock his fury generation by a lot. Not only that, you make him spend 200 fury for a new pet.
    You know, having 3 corruptions roll with 100% uptime gives the warlock 4 fury/second.
    It costs a warlock 200 fury or 3.33fury/second to resummon his pet.

Yes, the pet will generate fury, but if you just kill it instantly, which is very easy btw, you reduce the warlock his fury generation to a minimum.
    In addition to that, warlocks try to keep their aura up, which is 150 fury for 30sec aura. You can dispel it instantly to waste his fury.

Sure we still have felflame, a spell that costs a good amount of mana for little damage. Yes I know it generates 15 fury per cast, but realise how little it is when you know a warlock frequently spends 50 fury for his interrupt/knockback or 50 for his leap or 120 for a non-burst chaoswave.

Warlocks are easier to shut down than most people think, the problem is that everyone ignores the warlock because they deal little damage without cooldowns, and have a decent amount of tools to survive burst.

By human logic it's more reasonable to focus on a death knight or a warrior for example because they deal a good amount of damage and pose a treat without cooldowns and happens to be standing in your face while the warlock is standing at range, dealing little damage, knowing he can escape as soon as you switch on him.
    dispels are on an 8 second cooldown, i can only dispel one person at a time. i'm not going to be spam dispelling corruption off willy nilly, i'm probably going to be saving it for a fear or a frost bomb. anyway, a warlock can reapply it a lot quicker then i can get rid of it.

last time i went and tried to play demo, what little casting i did do resulted in a ton of imps, i'm not sure how anyone could kill all of them. i have demonic rebirth to bring the wraithguard back if he gets randomly gibbed, killing lock pets is a tried and true method of countering locks, any good one knows how to keep his pet up.

no one is playing shadowcleave right now, i'm not even sure it works without an afflock/uhdk. warriors are reeeeeelllly hard to kill, possibly even harder then warlocks. so going on dk/warr isn't really possible, mostly you end up training the healer.

warlocks have always had a lot of ways to open gaps and make space to cast for themselves, they tend to be very tanky in terms of their ability to take damage, add to that an aura mastery effect, carrion swarm, instant fears, multiple teleports, his team peeling for him, getting on a warlock and sitting on him is quite hard.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

Quote Originally Posted by Dcruize View Post
    Lock/mage synergy is just too Godly - how are you supposed to dodge chaos waves when you've got RoF/DF/novas to contend with as soon as dark soul gets popped?
    Only intelligent thing ive read in this thread. Apparently people think its 1v3 with their 2 partners and them against the one pitiful warlock in half these posts defending it.