Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I don't really hate any raid, but these I enjoyed the least

1- DS
    2- ToC

3 would be probably be Hyjal and MC, but I didn't do those when they were current, so I won't judge.

I don't really get the hate for Nax in Wrath. I personally started about halfway in TBC and hit a huge progression roadblock because that path was already gone at that period in the expansion. Then comes WotLK with a starter instance which was great if you were fairly new to raiding. I was in a casual guild back then and was just asked to tag along regardless of me having my doubts about going their in my gear. Believe me, we couldn't clear that instance on 25. Maybe it was easy for all those raid veterans, but we never killed Thaddius if we even could get past Gluth (hell we had some blocks on Patch as well). Later we cleared it on 10 with the better people which we later took to Ulduar in all it's awesomeness (and lets face it, Ulduar was quite a decent challenge). The thing of Naxx I liked was that it allowed you to get better at the game because you had ACCESS to it. Not able to do raids because you couldn't get your gear up to scratch anymore was not fun.
    As for the 'rehashing'... for most people it was new content.

Deleted
    1. ToC
    2. Naxx25
    3. AQ40

C'thun trash, world record in corpse run length, C'thun being broken for a good month or something... did I mention the C'thun trash? Twin Emps and the eventuelly fixed C'thun redeemed the place somewhat but I despised that place and went AWOL after we killed C'thun until Naxx40 was released.

Deleted
    1. Naxx 10/25 - Take the best level 60 raid you made and make it easier than doing the level 60 version at level 70. No.

2. Mount Hyjal - Because it was 90% fighting trash mobs, 97% if you wiped on bosses 1-4.

3. Trial of the Crusader -This would have been okay if was an extra raid alongside another tier, but as a standalone tier it just sucked. It came quite soon after Ulduar (one of the best raids) and made Ulduar irrelevant with the superior gear.

Honorable mentions: Dragon Soul, Terrace of Endless Spring

Quote Originally Posted by Mercarcher View Post
    Naxx (25/10)
    Rehashes that were extremely dumbed down are never fun. It ruined my memories of the 40 man version.

AQ 40 (original patch) though I would also rate it in the top 5. It's a love hate thing.
    10 min run backs, Way too much trash, and extremely short respawn timers. Not to mention the need to farm world bosses contested by multiple guilds on long respawns in order to get resist gear.

Moshugan Vaults
    These fights are tedious and boring I also see no reason why we are actually in the place. Seems thrown in for no reason.
    Hated the original AQ 40

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Dragon Soul

2. Firelands

3. Throne of Four Winds

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    1. Mount of Hyjal (FUCK ADDS!)
    2. Naxxramas SECOND edition
    3. Dragon Soul
    The grass is always greener - The times were always better

1. ToC
    2. ZG (because of tiger mount never dropping)
    3. Dragon Soul and ICC (because of the duration we had it, I loved ICC and DS as a raid but they suffered alot from being only content for a year...)
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Dragon Soul
    Malygos
    Baradin Hold (What 'worked' for VoA didn't work for BH, since 25s and the pug mentality were effectively killed in Cata)

Only counting raids I actually raided during, namely BC forward.

Cant belive some people put down here Kara , ZG and the AQ raids ... those were the best raids not the worst ... i bet the ones that didnt like em did like what the majority did not ... like ToC .

Long live Garona Halforcen ! Cheers to Odexy for the Sig !

In no particular order...

Dragon Soul - It had so much promise, but it ended up rather mediocre. I suppose I wouldn't call it the worst, but it's not exactly high on the list.

Ruby Sanctum/Obsidium Sanctum - Throwing them in together. They're both futtbuck random as hell and weren't all that thrilling.

Eye of Eternity - Pretty much wasn't too thrilled with this either, long story short.

I'm not sure I'd call them the absolute worst... I dunno, each raid has good and bad points, but yeah.

Oh and ToC gets way more shit than it deserves.

Of the ones I actually progression raided, the only one I can say I didn't like much was Dragon Soul.

The bosses were fine, until you hit Spine. Spine and Madness just didn't feel like the end of an expansion, not at all (and on heroic, especially Spine, they could be absolutely infuriating in the wrong ways). The reused environments and models, however, were what really killed it for me. It felt like the absolute laziest raid instance ever designed, from an artistic point of view.

Other raids, my major issues with them have almost always been more logistical than content-related. ICC lasted far too long (though DS was worse because it was less of a raid, even if it didn't last quite as long). Ulduar-10 was over-tuned when it released. Almost all of Burning Crusade had serious problems with the progression path (10/25 split, guild poaching).

all the vanilla raids except aq40 and naxx
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

1. DS
    2. ToC
    3. RS

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    Just like the top 3 best raids there must be a counterpart. Lets begin ~

1) Dragon Soul
    2) ToC
    3) BWL Stuck on vael for a very long time

Your turn!
    How is it reason to state bwl is a bad raid cause you were stuck on one boss?
    Anyways my own:

1. Trial of the Crusader. Filler raid before icecrown, and quite boring with only one room (well two with floor going away). Besides bosses didn't seem that exciting, but main issue is the one room.
    2. Ruby Sanctum. Copy, filler raid, and one room. While it was supposed to give an idea of cataclysm I personally did not get that feeling, so also not exactly the best background for it.
    3. Throne of Four Winds. Again not a whole lot of back story for this raid, so felt abit trivial to do (even if the last boss could be annoying to do).
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Ulduar (when in a bad raid. In a raid with folks who knew what's what, it was the best).
    TOC. Yawn.
    ICC, except for the blood wing. Yawn.
    This concept of wuv confuses and infuriates us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    Explain what was so shitty? I mean you're making it look so terrible. Also you're a bit weird. comparing something in 2004/5 with something in 2012. Techonology has changed bud', take into consideration when you try to compare. It's a bit of the point how you felt then and what kind of impact that made on you. Not how you feel of it in 2012, soon to be 2013 about something 8-9 years ago.

The mechanics were just simple enough but incredible. What we're missing in mop is mechanics such as hard hitting bosses, not weak wimpy bosses with avoidable mechanics.. Tank and spank? Yes, some of that. But combine it. I feel bosses hit weak atm.
    I don't need to justify my opinions to you...
    You are free to disagree but please stop trying to make up reasons why I'm wrong to have an opinion that doesn't match yours.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

Quote Originally Posted by laserguns View Post
    3. Trial of the Crusader -This would have been okay if was an extra raid alongside another tier, but as a standalone tier it just sucked. It came quite soon after Ulduar (one of the best raids) and made Ulduar irrelevant with the superior gear.
    ToC came out six months after Ulduar, which is twice as long as a non-end tier usually lasts. It was preceded by a raidless patch that added the poorly implemented and utterly useless in-game voice chat.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

1) ICC
    I only hated one.

Molten Core: Insanely boring, and frustrating, no mechanics to speak off, respawning trash, takes forever to complete.
    Dragon Soul: Reduce, Reuse, Recycle. Great principle in waste management, terrible for end-of-expansion boss raid.
    Blackwing Lair: Empty square boring rooms and uninspired fights.

I won't say ToC was bad because it had interesting fights and it was quick, which is a bonus. . AQ40 was a close contender for third place because of boring boss models and resistance stacking mechanics. It didn't get on the list because it had rather unique theme for that time in WoW and because C'Thun fight was pretty epic, even though very few got to see it.

---------- Post added 2012-12-01 at 06:23 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    ToC came out six months after Ulduar, which is twice as long as a non-end tier usually lasts. It was preceded by a raidless patch that added the poorly implemented and utterly useless in-game voice chat.
    In-game voice chat came out in TBC, get your patches straight.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

Deleted
    Throne of the Four Winds.
    Trial of the Crusader.
    Ruby Sanctum.

I just really don't like them.