Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    Yep. Have 6 slots open. And I need them for 1000000000000000000000001 dailies.

Last Sha raid that I got the boots from, the cache had to be mailed to me, since MY BAGS WERE FULL. Food, drinks, flasks, and pots = those 6 slots were full!
    tell me about it i eventually got sick andf tired of carrying around so much cooking supplies i said F IT and just blew 20k maxxed out all the cooking specs uprooted all the crap and my farm and planted a bunch of songbells.

now only TWO bags are full of crap i am livin teh life meh brutha
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by trauma443 View Post
    I'm paying the same as you each and every month. So no, fuck your 'better rewards'. If you want better rewards try a harder game: real life.
    But when your not trying as hard or putting as much time and effort into the game then yes, they do get better rewards. Life works that way and so does the game. Maybe you should try a easier game: Hello Kitty Online perhaps suits you better?

Tell me when we get a gear locker to even have a place to put in all the gear.
    Hoard less old tier gear :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Snaige View Post
    unlucky healer with a tank offspec and am slowly farming dps gear now.
    Well that is quite unfortunate but from my experience a couple months into content most people have gathered an acceptable second gear set. Especially now with even more loots via coins.
    I'm paying the same as you each and every month. So no, fuck your 'better rewards'. If you want better rewards try a harder game: real life.
    I'd guess that argument is used quite often as well regarding gym memberships.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    People who are better than you deserve better rewards, simple as that
    im personally not interested in this content, but your sentence is just incorrect. it must be "people that have choosen the "right" class, ..." cause i must say, with a warlock, a protpallly, a blood-dk, everything is soloable, with a mage, rogue it might get quite hard ...

but still i think it was intended, that this was thought to be challenging solocontent, though i think this breaks a major mechanic or thought of this game: classes are not designed to perform well ALONE but in a group. and this makes suchspecial-challenges very unfair, cause NOT all classes CAN EVER perform as well as some others. warlocks and hunters can solo excellent, while rogues and mages really suck at this.

Quote Originally Posted by whoranzone View Post

Well that is quite unfortunate but from my experience a couple months into content most people have gathered an acceptable second gear set. Especially now with even more loots via coins.

I'd guess that argument is used quite often as well regarding gym memberships.
    gym memberships? I WANA BE A GYM LEADER @_@
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Why is it that every damn random person in this game thinks that whenever blizzard adds something to the game, it HAS to be for everyone and for everyone to clear in one-two days? You don't raid? Fine, then wait until next patch to get some gear and try again.

Yep. Have 6 slots open. And I need them for 1000000000000000000000001 dailies.

Last Sha raid that I got the boots from, the cache had to be mailed to me, since MY BAGS WERE FULL. Food, drinks, flasks, and pots = those 6 slots were full!
    Seriously, you cant do Brawlers Guild coz your bags are full? Thats most stupid excuse I ever heard, really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by whoranzone View Post
    My bags aren't full of old tier gear. It's full of all the stuff WoW considers rewards and useful.

Fish pole - check.
    Cooking hat - check.
    Various tabards - check.
    Various pots - check.
    Baby spice - check (need it for all those idiots blocking mailboxes and more).
    Various rare finds - check.
    Various trinkets - check.
    Various blue gear (especially tanking pieces) - check.
    Commendations - check.
    Dread tokens - check.
    Drinks - check.

And a nearly full Enchanting bag (sooooo much junk drops for disenchanting!).

I can go on, but that's the sum of it. This isn't some alt toon with a clear bank and bags.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

10+ Year Old Account
    For those of you complaining about not having the gear to do the upper levels; do you also complain about not having the gear when you didn't get Gladiator last season?
    Armory
    Twitter
    Altered-Time.com - the #1 Mage Theorycrafting community.

Casual mentality. Wants everything with no effort.
    Here's my mage vs stuff youtube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJackstar123?feature=mhee

Deleted
    I dont have much gear at all on my rogue. Raid finder half of it, heroic/ah blue's the rest. I've gotten to the leper gnome's on rank five and that's fine for me, though i'm stuck on them. It's not ment to be somthing everyone can clear. It also take's skill :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure the Brawler's guild was intended to be an extra, for-fun, challenge with emphasis on solo encounters with other players able to watch. Granted since this isn't a Player Vs. Player arena then well-equipped raiders do have an advantage if that's what were talking about. It isn't meant to be a form of progression, just a challenge for those looking for it. Being solo content it's a measure of the individual player rather than their guild or team.

From an outside perspective looking in: The fights rely too heavily on enrage timers. It is more of a gear thing than tactics thing. The only mechanics up until the rare bosses that are worth even being aware of are basically "If you fuck this up you die instantly." Then, it becomes "Any of these 3. Pick your death" on the rares. (Admittedly that seems like the most fun, but that kind of makes the other fights seem even more shallow don't you think?)

Hell, they all died so fast to people in raid gear that until Rank 7 it seems that there is hardly even more than one thing each does. Literally 3 of the animals didn't even seem to do any special abilities.

The only interesting one was the skeletal necromancer because it was "Here's how you manipulate it" not "avoid" it.

I guess that's PvE raiding in a nutshell, albeit with much more sparse placement of interesting mechanics beyond "How do I avoid it?"

Below:
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    [blizzquote="Blizzard;http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7004406077"]What Brawler’s Guild Is
    Hard to have bragging rights if anyone in greens could march in and do the same don't ya think?
    No. Things like that necromancer could be accessible to everyone if they got rid of the enrage timer, because low DPS will translate into more ghosts and then you really have to learn how to position yourself. Heck, then you could switch to AE damage. Changes the tactic somewhat. At least it's not cut and dry stuff.

Things like the Leper Gnomes? Put in environmental stuff, like traps which have consequences (freeze trap will slow your movement speed, or something) and give the each gnomes unique, more than a poisonous melee, so that way you can have "counter comps" and prepare accordingly when you use said traps.

That way, if you have the gear (or have a squishie class with more control like a rogue or frost mage) you can take, say, 3 gnomes of the 5 or 6. If you don't, you have to deal with the consequences but it's still possible. It just needs to be more creative, not a "time waster." But then, it all depends on what kind of content people truly like the developers puttin time into, and this idea is still in its infancy. Who knows?
    Last edited by Confirm Deny; 2012-12-02 at 03:26 AM.
    It wasn't long ago / I was just like you / And now I think I'm sick and I wanna go home!
    Quote Originally Posted by Unoriginal View Post
    what if SEARING WOLVES? The possibilities?!!?

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    So, apparently this newly implemented SOLO content is nothing more than an e-peen meter for geared raiders.

I've not personally gotten an invite yet, so I can't say anything from personal experience, but from what I've seen, apparently the later bosses require such high DPS amounts (combined with some survivability), that we're talking about high-end raid gear. People who have justice point gear, or PvP gear, seem to be getting shafted in this completely.

I was expecting this to be content that could be cleared by everyone, not just the raiding minority. Looks like I was wrong.

Anyone here not in heavy valor point gear who has reached rank 8? That would prove me wrong and show me that you don't need high-end raid gear to clear this content. Content, by the way, that was designed for SOLO playing.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)
    What Brawler’s Guild Is
    A fun, but small diversion that could grow in time
    A venue for a realm’s community to come together
    A unique way to earn some solo PvE bragging rights
    A cool place to hang out
    Hard to have bragging rights if anyone in greens could march in and do the same don't ya think?
    Last edited by Xeraxis; 2012-12-02 at 02:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    My bags aren't full of old tier gear. It's full of all the stuff WoW considers rewards and useful.

Fish pole - check.
    Cooking hat - check.
    Various tabards - check.
    Various pots - check.
    Baby spice - check (need it for all those idiots blocking mailboxes and more).
    Various rare finds - check.
    Various trinkets - check.
    Various blue gear (especially tanking pieces) - check.
    Commendations - check.
    Dread tokens - check.
    Drinks - check.

And a nearly full Enchanting bag (sooooo much junk drops for disenchanting!).

I can go on, but that's the sum of it. This isn't some alt toon with a clear bank and bags.

You may need to prioritize the bags at the moment. Some of the stuff you don't even need. Oh and Illusionary bags help to.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Well not only do I completely disagree with the OP that it should be just as easy to do as a 440 item level as say someone around item level 500, but it's also completely possible to gear up to a very sufficient amount of gear from completely easy methods such as dailies, scenarios, reputation rewards, and LFR. There's no need to commit to a raiding guild and get the best gear you can possibly get, making it easy as a "casual player." Of course, in compensation for being able to get said best in slot gear, you should have a slightly easier time here.

I for one haven't touch any of the content on normal and have cleared up through rank 7 already without any difficulty, proving that it is still quite a skill check, not gear. Quite honestly I see many people go in with amazing gear and fall flat on there face to the dumbest mechanics. What they have going here seems perfectly fair and definitely how they planned and advertised it to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    You may need to prioritize the bags at the moment. Some of the stuff you don't even need. Oh and Illusionary bags help to.
    Want me to dig in your bags and tell you what you need to carry? I thought not.

I have them, thank you very much.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)
    What Brawler’s Guild Is
    A fun, but small diversion that could grow in time
    A venue for a realm’s community to come together
    A unique way to earn some solo PvE bragging rights
    A cool place to hang out
    But if gear was normalised and someone with the same gear as you couldn't do it (while you could) wouldn't that be a better source of bragging rights than being able to say you outgeared it?

Personally I'd much rather brag over my skill than my gear. I imagine many would agree.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Casual Riot View Post
    From an outside perspective looking in: The fights rely too heavily on enrage timers.
    Which means it's a DPS race.

Just like these so-called challenge modes.

No wonder why Blizzard seems to be surprised that healers would even try to DPS, it's like they don't pay attention to how players play, just what THEY think we should play (really after all these years couldn't tell when healers DPS outside instances? No wonder why healing specs suck so much, and getting these silly AOE healing patches instead, so some DPS wannabe can heal. Yet if a healer wants to do more than AOE heal, it's "why would you want to?"). -_-

---------- Post added 2012-12-01 at 10:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Windfury View Post
    Personally I'd much rather brag over my skill than my gear. I imagine many would agree.
    Amen.

Rather said I downed the content on a Holy paladin than facerolling it on my DK. The former would be a huge challenge, the latter sleep material.

Just like these so-called challenge modes.
    I actually disagree that challenge modes are a DPS race, for the record.

The difference between gold and silver is timing group stuns and defensive CDs. Just because DPS is needed before you run out of stuff doesn't make it a DPS race.

what I'm tryin to say is DPS should come second once you've properly handled the mobs with other abilities, such as these bosses in the Brawler's guild, not the main part of your tactic once you juke the K.O. mechanic. (How many of these bosses actually need to be stunned? Every 4th one?)
    (Edit: Don't think the noun "beneficiary" can be reflexive like a verb in any way, or whatever the I just did)

When comps don't even need a healer
    But what you are choosing to ignore is that plenty of groups have found compositions/tactics where they can do it with a healer also. Diversity and adaptation. That's all the Brawler's guild needs to improve upon since it's more class-specific, being solo. By all means, I don't think they're goin to scrap the project just yet.
    Last edited by Confirm Deny; 2012-12-02 at 03:42 AM.
    It wasn't long ago / I was just like you / And now I think I'm sick and I wanna go home!
    Quote Originally Posted by Unoriginal View Post
    what if SEARING WOLVES? The possibilities?!!?