Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zEmini View Post
    I might finally permanently quit this game. Here is why ...
    I cannot see how any of this was the game's fault. This is clearly your own fault. And no, it is not even bad game design. It is your mistake for rushing with the bid. I see things like that happen, sadly, quite often, exactly because people seem to be in a hurry almost all the time when playing the game, not spending a few moments to see exactly what it is that they are doing. It happens with the regular auction house as well, where people don't take a mere few seconds to check out the vendor price for items that they are posting, resulting in there being almost always some items that are posted for less than they would go for if sold to a vendor. And the same goes for pretty much all aspects lf the game. People not taking the time to read their spells tooltips properly. Asking in Trade for directions for things they can ask a guard in a city. And so on. Always in a hurry. Well, that is what happens when you rush things all the time. mistakes. Yours just was a big one.

Okay obviously nobody cares about the customer.
    Nailed it right on the head there. I'm glad you've bothered to take into consideration what everyone has said in response to your problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurwyn View Post
    Ok I wasnt going to say it but since you seem to think your post was so witty and insightful to the point of having to double post it (lolwat?), you have a my little pont avatar, YOU should man up, bro.

OP made an honest mistake, Blizzard refuses to help a paying customer out of an honest mistake, that's complete garbage. If I went to Walmart and accidentally bought a gallon of non fat milk and took it back the next day to trade for whole milk, they'd do it.
    Sadly the comparison is not quite right. WOuld be more like ordering a steak at the restaurant and then when they serve it say that you thought you had ordered the fish.... honest mistake or not, this is his responsibility and Blizzard is no way obliged to refund him.
    This would set an awful precedent for Blizzard. There are so many players that bought something of the regular AH they either did not want or felt was overpriced after all, that they could hire a whole team just to handle those claims. Myself I remember when I started playing that I got ripped of in a way too, but paying attention to what I was doing would have prevented it.
    Felt sorry for OP at first, but after seeing some reactions it's not even like he's taking any responsibility for it. I know 150k is a lot to get wasted, but there is no way to tell whether he inentionally clicked it or not. Perhaps already having it would make a case for an honest mistake, otherwise, nope.

Funny thing is... that i actually read his response to the GM, and i am pretty sure that if that was his FULL response, then he would likely have been banned for using foul and abusive language towards the GM anyway.

Yes, you stupidly bid on an item on the BMAH, maybe you should have paid more attention to what you were bidding on, then you wouldn't be 150k down.

You can't blame somebody else for your own HUMAN error.

Either way... see you soon, cause you know you're either gonna play one of Blizzards other games, or come crawling back to wow. The majority usually do.

Okay obviously nobody cares about the customer.

I CLICKED the Drake ICON!!!! Place the BID IN THE WRONG BOX!!!!! OOOpppp fuck me. Apparantly there is a "Hot Item" that I wasnt aware of. I never used the BMAH before.
    You seem to misunderstand. Most people coming to this thread probably started off feeling sympathetic. But you continued insistance that you are "justified" in demanding your gold back, and failure to appreciate that use of the BMAH affects other users of the BMAH, and the blaming of Blizzard for not holding your hand enough when using a feature for the first time (and I think most people on *this* forum probably think Blizzard try to hold our hands too much already), kinda means that sympathy has dried up pretty fast

Be less retarded.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    I might finally permanently quit this game. Here is why ...
    I understand your pain, however, the mistakes you made that I can see... 1. flipping out on the GM, bad idea; 2. telling him you are going to violate the TOU; 3. Deleting the item you bought, you could have easily sold the invites; 4. Blaming Blizzard and/or the GM for YOUR mistake; 5. Posting the GM's name here;

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Deleted
    How can any dignified human being not see this as a issue? Are you jealous I had 150kg? Seriously? Get over it.
    150k - you get over it. I make that amount in about a week and a half.

But the fact that YOU threw away your 150k and blame anyone but the sinner (you) is fun. The response from the GM is legit and not "bad policy" as you think.
    ... anyways, you wanted options and here's mine; stop whining about virtual money spend on the wrong pixels or stop whining and leave the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    No Blizzard screwed up actually.
    No Sir, Blizzard didn't make you bid in the wrong box, you did that all on your own. YOU screwed yourself.

I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by A Challenger! View Post
    Posted before OP got even more frantic, but I understand your point. I'd counter it with something along the lines of "he clearly made a mistake, and if Blizzard has refunded armor tokens/drops in the past over mistakes, I think they can do the same for gold" but I honestly believe we'd be at an impasse. We both have valid arguments.
    Except when trading over a mis-awarded tier token etc. affects AT MAXIMUM the 25 people in your raid group. The BMAH is open to EVERYONE on the server.

If the OP can get EVERYONE on the server to ticket in and say "No problem here refund him his gold" then sure, no issue. If you dont see the difference and how it means you don't actually have a "valid" argument...
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    That is awful. I am really sorry that happened to you. I cannot even begin to imagine the anger...no rage, that I would feel in a similar circumstance. I do feel for ya, but the policy the GM explained was implemented for a reason. So people can't change their minds after winning an auction and get their gold back. I know it REALLY REALLY sucks, but the only way to enforce a policy is to enforce it 100% of the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow this turned into a firestorm

Okay I accept the fact that I screwed up. I am almost broke because of it.

See you guys next expansion.

True story, and fuck most of you.

10+ Year Old Account
    How can any dignified human being not see this as a issue? Are you jealous I had 150kg? Seriously? Get over it.
    Raging at us isn't the way to garner any sympathy, nor is it the way to attempt to sway us to your viewpoint.

You are almost broke because you bid on the wrong item. Congratulations, you have discovered the common problem that a fuckton of people have had throughout history, both ingame and outside of game, when they discover what they bought wasn't what they thought it was, and did it for more than they could really afford.

Stop whining, clearly you chose my first option "man up and keep playing."

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathane View Post
    Dude OP just stop.....your giving people from Oregon a bad rep.

Terrible sorry guys we are not all spoiled brats here in Oregon.
    Why do I care what a Duck fan thinks?

10+ Year Old Account
    CAn we ban this kid? I am honestly glad I won't run into him in WoW

And now your throwing insults at us because you expected sympathy? Instead you got told you did fuck up, your own dammed fault
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do I care what a Duck fan thinks?

Because we kicked your ass in the civil war kid

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're about to spend 150k gold surely you should be aware and sure of what you're clicking...

Was that so hard?

Wow, lets presume the next expansion is in 2 years time, that will make you what, 12 by that time!?

Do us a favor and dont bother coming back, and leave this website as well,

You sir, are everything that is wrong with the current wow community
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate