Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I think this is an extremely premature judgement to make, and within a few days we will quickly learn that it is wrong.
    I'll try and remember to come back and see once the raid lockouts reset
    But saying that within a few days we will quickly learn that his judgment is wrong is not a premature judgment on your part?

Quote Originally Posted by lolipopp View Post
    Absolutly well deserved nerf i really hope its as bad as some of the trolls here says it is. Mages were too much ahead of everyone else for what reason ?
    Stop being such a hunter and look at things more realistically. Some class being OP doesn't justify making them unplayable in next hotfix.
    Last edited by Tobedeleted123; 2012-12-02 at 09:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lolipopp View Post
    Absolutly well deserved nerf i really hope its as bad as some of the trolls here says it is. Mages were too much ahead of everyone else for what reason ?
    Having to switch to opposite stats as your main stat is my issue. All but 3 pieces of my gear have crit on them. Almost none of them have mastery. Now mastery is my best stat, and I've passed on a ton of arcane gear over the past few months.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shmeh View Post
    Having to switch to opposite stats as your main stat is my issue. All but 3 pieces of my gear have crit on them. Almost none of them have mastery. Now mastery is my best stat, and I've passed on a ton of arcane gear over the past few months.
    Don't try to reason with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Easy now.
    Last edited by Shangalar; 2012-12-02 at 11:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephrie View Post
    Stop being such a hunter and look at things more realistically. Some class being OP doesn't justify making them unplayable in next hotfix.
    How about bringing them in line with other classes specs?

Fire is not dead.
    Fire has not been nerfed to the ground.
    Fire is not the worst spec in game.

Everyone who keeps posting things along those lines... please, just stop. It's embarrassing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyQuest View Post

Fire is not dead.

Everyone who keeps posting things along those lines... please, just stop. It's embarrassing.
    Not sure how accurate and trustworthy this is http://www.noxxic.com/wow/dps-rankings/realistic-dps but if it is, it looks pretty bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Roest View Post
    Not sure how accurate and trustworthy this is http://www.noxxic.com/wow/dps-rankings/realistic-dps but if it is, it looks pretty bad.
    Well, it's just SimC updated to 5.1 with 496ilvl gear, simcraft is usually pretty accurate so, I guess, yes, fire mage spec is officially dead (as it was during firelands). Unless they of course revert the nerf.

Deleted
    (...) simcraft is usually pretty accurate (...)
    best joke ever

10/10

Infracted.
    Last edited by Shangalar; 2012-12-02 at 11:43 AM.

The nerf took place just hours before my raid, however I wasn't aware of it immediately. After the third boss of MSV was down, I had become pretty frustrated at how small my combustions were and wondering why I wasn't critting as often. In the back of my mind I was thinking "what if they hotfix nerfed us?" so I then quickly checked MMO-Champion and the official forums and was able to confirm the bad news.

In my 10 man raid team, I've gone from pretty much always being the top DPS to sitting 2nd or 3rd depending on fights. The only fight I was able to top this week was Elegon. I was pretty sad as I'd been looking forward to pulling some insane numbers on fights after noticing how large my combustions were after 5.1. On a single target fight like normal mode Feng, I've gone down about 10-15k DPS. Even more on cleave fights like The Stone Guards.

I think the worst part is knowing that I used to do a lot more DPS as Fire and the nerf feels like a massive gear downgrade, it's just gonna take a while to get used to again.

Quote Originally Posted by Roest View Post
    Don't try to reason with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
    Very good point.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyQuest View Post

Fire is not dead.

Wrong on all counts. Impressive.

Deleted
    In my 10 man raid team, I've gone from pretty much always being the top DPS to sitting 2nd or 3rd depending on fights.
    ERMAGHERD you're not the undisputed first anymore,and are instead 2nd or third out of 5-6 dps,depending on fight?

OMG the end of the world!Nerfed to the ground!

Dear lord,mages.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Shangalar; 2012-12-02 at 12:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kandalanu View Post
    best joke ever

10/10
    any arguments why it isn't?

Quote Originally Posted by idpersona View Post
    ERMAGHERD you're not the undisputed first anymore,and are instead 2nd or third out of 5-6 dps,depending on fight?

OMG the end of the world!Nerfed to the ground!

Dear lord,mages.
    So you quote one line of my post and then add your own context to do what exactly? Other than make yourself look like an ass?

All I was doing was trying to put a perspective on what the nerfs have meant for me in my raid group since a lot of mages would have already done their raiding for the week before the nerf went out.

If you're going to do what you did, maybe you should actually quote someone who made a dramatic and exaggerated post, just like your own.

Why so many unchecked trolls and flamers? We're trying to discuss our impressions about the nerf among mages and there's always someone (who usually plays another class) bringing the very constructive feedback of "well deserved, fire deserves to be nerfed to the ground" and things of the kind.
    Honestly it's discouraging bringing discussions to this forum where trolls and haters are free to post whatever they want, wherever they want.

Deleted
    any arguments why it isn't?
    any arguments why it is ?

Check ranking here http://www.noxxic.com/wow/dps-rankings/realistic-dps, then check MV HC bosses here http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/The_Stone...default/#7fvvv (why not HOF for example ? still not enought data)

and ?
    Last edited by mmoc224940f46d; 2012-12-02 at 11:37 AM.

Well, it's just SimC updated to 5.1 with 496ilvl gear, simcraft is usually pretty accurate so, I guess, yes, fire mage spec is officially dead (as it was during firelands). Unless they of course revert the nerf.
    I see no fire mage there.

Anyway, some sort of nerf was justified. The only times I could outdps a mage 5-10 ilvls lower geared was when they got unlucky (same ilvl weapon between us). May have been a bit too much though. And I suppose the packed up aoe potential was gutted for now. They might undo some of it if it turns out to be that bad.
    Last edited by dakalro; 2012-12-02 at 11:46 AM.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    To be honest, the combustion nerf was deserved, but the crit one was maybe a little bit over the top.

And no, they have not been nerfed "To the ground" look at any decent mage, they still top meters, just not by miles like they used to.

15+ Year Old Account

Check ranking here http://www.noxxic.com/wow/dps-rankings/realistic-dps, then check MV HC bosses here http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/The_Stone...default/#7fvvv (why not HOF for example ? still not enought data)?
    Congratulations, you can now work in any major news network, you can twist facts like a pro. The fight you linked is a cleave fight with bonus dmg from the buff
    and if you look at all parses with emdian the dps is lower by 100k. Just for the clarification

As for the nerfs - I don't really care about the dmg nerf (I can now play frost without arguing when the other mages had crit streaks) Combustion was hitting way too hard anyway. The only thing that pisses me off is what the CM nerf does to the gameplay and "fun factor" of Fire.

I am a Mage.
    Avatar shamelessly stolen from Deviant Art, all credit to the author
    Phailah|Forged|Drak'thul EU

10+ Year Old Account

Check ranking here http://www.noxxic.com/wow/dps-rankings/realistic-dps, then check MV HC bosses here http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/The_Stone...default/#7fvvv (why not HOF for example ? still not enought data)

and ?
    Why are you comparing a single target sim to a boss that greatly favors cleaving and has a massive dps boost from the tiles? Not to mention you're looking at top 100.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Magemaer View Post
    Why so many unchecked trolls and flamers? We're trying to discuss our impressions about the nerf among mages and there's always someone (who usually plays another class) bringing the very constructive feedback of "well deserved, fire deserves to be nerfed to the ground" and things of the kind.
    Honestly it's discouraging bringing discussions to this forum where trolls and haters are free to post whatever they want, wherever they want.
    This wouldn't be a problem if this forum had any moderators who would actually moderate, you know doing what you would expect from a moderator.