Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    This feature should have gear scaling like challenge mode so it would be about skill and not gear.

Deleted
    My experience so far with this neat little time wasting feature......youtube. com/watch?v=JImtFjsvdrU. although the rage flowed through me i did enjoy the little nibbles of PVE "adrenaline" that you get when you get the last 4 on low hp then shit yourself and jump into a beam / fire / stun.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    Want me to dig in your bags and tell you what you need to carry? I thought not.

I have them, thank you very much.
    Sure, mine have a heartstone a mining pick and a blacksmiths hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by Thatwsntmilk View Post
    If you can't raid normal/heroic due to that, you can still get decked in full LFR/Valor gear by just playing a couple of hours per week.
    Not really cause being sick I just did this experiment.

I hit every LFR this week and that was all w/some dailies while I was waiting in a 30 min que, my VP came up to 600 and some. Unfortunately that is no where near the cap. Not to mention with the que times it is well over a couple hours a week.

Then the LFR itself. I did everyone blew 10 tokens and didn't get one drop, RNG is RNG.

I am not saying that I agree w/the OP just that your statement is false sorry.

Not everyone is meant to make it to rank 8, just sayin'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    I think this thread proves that in WotLK, not only has being bad and lazy become acceptable, but a defendable position and point of pride for some people.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentStocket View Post
    This feature should have gear scaling like challenge mode so it would be about skill and not gear.
    It should be about gear and skill because this feature is only meant for highly skilled players that also invest the time.

This feature is meant for the people that play hard and often. This feature is not meant for everyone that logs on to queue LFR and space out to feel some equality bullshit and faceroll through an extra feature.

If you want to clear this content when it's new, you need the skill and you need to grind for the gear. If you don't have the time to do that, tough shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Spraytwist View Post
    BWÜAHHHHHHH I CANT GET EVERYTHING IN DA GAME BLIZZARD BWÜAHHH

this has to stop.

if you want something, GODDAMN FUCKING SHIT WORK FOR IT GODDAMN.

yeah infract me, what ever.
    I agree with you 100%.

I can understand that some people want everything to be available to them, but when they think they should be successful without any effort - that's where I draw the line... I enjoy working hard towards a goal. The feeling after is much better when I feel deserving.

Deleted
    463 ilvl, rank 8.
    Cant beat any of the level 8's though.

Quote Originally Posted by trauma443 View Post
    I'm paying the same as you each and every month. So no, fuck your 'better rewards'. If you want better rewards try a harder game: real life.
    May I remind you what you pay your monthly fee for? you pay for access to servers. What you do on the servers later on is entirely up to you. If you don't have time and/or skill, tough luck.
    When you pay your 13 euros, you get the opportunity to clear content/get glad/reach lvl 8 etc, just like everyone else gets this opportunity. If you read the TOS/ToU, there's nowhere mentioned/guaranteed that you will be able to clear everything. Read again what you signed for.
    Last edited by Marahdeka; 2012-12-02 at 10:55 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Hemet was behind Garrosh's escape and time travel just so he could hunt big game on old Draenor.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentStocket View Post
    Then if they make the mechanics hard people will cry for nerfs. Better off increasing gear skill so you can meet dps requirement.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Babytaco View Post
    I enjoy working hard towards a goal. The feeling after is much better when I feel deserving.
    Enjoying working towards a goal and being a raider should not be the same thing. Why is it that there's this mentality that if you don't raid, you don't put time and effort into the game? Getting the Insane when it was first implemented didn't require you to be a raider, yet I'm sure nobody can say it didn't require time and effort. Clearly then there's a way of giving a reward for time spent and effort put into the game, other than being a raider.

Yes, I'm sure organizing a raid is difficult. I'm sure leading a raid is difficult. But being one DPS out of 25 people sitting in some dark corner avoiding pools isn't exactly the hardest thing in the world, especially when it may be that you only do it for a few hours on a couple of days a week.

Would that DPS guy put more time and effort into his less than 10 hours of raiding per week, being 1/25th of the end result, than a solo player who would spend three, four, five hours a day seven days a week working towards a goal?

There's a reason why raiders are the minority in this game. I'm sure a part of it is being able to avoid pools while shooting those bolts from that dark corner in some raid somewhere, but a big part of it is that all people aren't pack animals, sheeple, and all people aren't content in being lead by someone. There's a large group of people who are individuals, and who'd rather do whatever the hell they themselves want to do, than to take orders and say "sir, yes sir!" Thus, the mindset that the only way to play an MMO is to belong to some community, to be a team player, is even more ridiculous.

I'm sure there are awesome raid tanks, healers, raid leaders, and such out there, who deserve all the praise they can get, but simply being a raider, simply having that status, the status of a raider, does not somehow elevate one to some higher level of being. For all we know, said raider could be some completely average Joe being carried by 24 other people, yet he gets all the same rewards and all the same glory.

People who come to this thread to tell me, or tell someone else, that we want shit for free, are complete morons. No we do not. We want to work for shit, we want to put blood, sweat and tears into getting shit. We just don't want to be a part of some group with 24 teenage boys screaming into Ventrilo.

In any case, obviously the current content will be trivialized next patch, but right now, you seem to need high-end raid gear to be able to clear all of it, hence the content is designed to be cleared by raiders. Also, while the next gear reset may very well open up clearing the current content for people who don't raid, who here doesn't see rank 9 and such coming to the Guild? Yet another level for raiders to clear. Yet more content for the minority.

Well, I guess only raiders do deserve stuff.

485 Spriest here, i do not have the DPS to kill battletron. Gonna be a while before i am able to obtain the gear needed (unless they nerf it).

OP, perhaps it should occur to you that content like Brawlers exists as an incentive get better gear -- i.e., to raid or do high level PvP.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    In any case, obviously the current content will be trivialized next patch, but right now, you seem to need high-end raid gear to be able to clear all of it, hence the content is designed to be cleared by raiders. Also, while the next gear reset may very well open up clearing the current content for people who don't raid, who here doesn't see rank 9 and such coming to the Guild? Yet another level for raiders to clear. Yet more content for the minority.

Well, I guess only raiders do deserve stuff.
    ilvl 476 is sufficient for: Battletron, Millhouse and the Awesome guy on all but very few class+specc combos.
    ilvl 476 can be reached via a plethora of venues that are not organized raiding and is in actuality, very easy.

Not only raiders deserve stuff, but if YOU PERSONALLY are not good enough to complete a challenge and blame it on gear you do not deserve it.
    Last edited by mmoc78c97bc234; 2012-12-02 at 02:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kane49 View Post
    ilvl 476 is sufficient for: Battletron, Millhouse and the Awesome guy on all but very few class+specc combos.
    ilvl 476 can be reached via a plethora of venues that are not organized raiding and is in actuality, very easy.

Not only raiders deserve stuff, but if YOU PERSONALLY are not good enough to complete a challenge and blame it on gear you do not deserve it.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH

If you find me a Spriest that killed battletron with his current health numbers at 476 ilvl i will gladly give you my credit card and pin number.

Quote Originally Posted by Kane49 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH

If you find me a Spriest that killed battletron with his current health numbers at 476 ilvl i will gladly give you my credit card and pin number.
    HAHAHA? He said "but very few class combos"....

Deleted
    To me it seems like a good incentive to get better gear

Deleted
    lol its not gear normalised like challenge modes?

Ha, its worthless then, its just going to be overgeared and face roll, thereby making it pointless.

Offtopic:

Is there any way to see how many times you've 'wiped' on a particular 'boss'?

Deleted
    im at ilvl480 and im stuck at the first boss of rank7 , maybe i havent tried it much yet and get the mechanic but i agree with OP having this "solo" content requisite ilvl509 heroic gear is not logic at all....