10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Brantin View Post
    I'm probably not here frequently enough to notice much strange behavior. Or maybe I'm insensitive to it.
    i sense brainwashing.
    Having never dealt with (to my knowledge) a transgender person, it's hard for me to tell if I'm going to offend him or not when I try to ask questions.
    without knowing more than i've gathered from your previous posts i can obviously only give very limited advice, but a few thoughts:

• just because he doesn't seem to (want to) talk about it doesn't mean you're doing anything wrong. i imagine in a situation like that talking is always very difficult and it needs time and careful nuturing of your relationship to do so freely, if it's possible at all. time spent together without talking isn't necessarily wasted.
    • if you've had frequent talks about everyday's life and stuff before, try to not let those die completely, unless he seems annoyed by keeping that up now. life goes on and there's so much more that matters about a person than gender :]
      when something seems to affect your entire life so strongly and negatively, everything that gives your head and heart a small break now and then from all the shit can be worth a lot.
    • i don't think it's possible to never say anything potentially stupid/wrong/offensive unless you avoid the topic altogether. important is that he knows you are there for him, and that you are trying your best. even if he doesn't seem to be willing to talk much, you can just tell him that.
    • lastly, there are quite a few very nice people on mmoc that have experience with transgender issues themselves. maybe just talking with one of them about their own experience (without need of deeply psychological professional advice^^) can help you better understand what you, and more importanlty your son, are dealing with.

in any case, best of luck to the two of you, i hope it'll all work out well eventually =)

Quote Originally Posted by Galil ACE View Post
    Their own food sucks
    punsch roll says hi.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Brantin View Post
    I'm probably not here frequently enough to notice much strange behavior. Or maybe I'm insensitive to it.
    I was pretty disappointed that he didn't want to talk about it any today. Having never dealt with (to my knowledge) a transgender person, it's hard for me to tell if I'm going to offend him or not when I try to ask questions.
    Well, you have to ask him regardless if you think you're going to insult him or not, you just have to, you can't ignore this because he's going to need support and all that.

And well, Sy's and Galil's posts are pretty good too, just don't be afraid to talk about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    you can't understand the magic of punsch rolls just by reading about them, geez!
    go buy some at ikea

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sy View Post
    even with my undying love towards blue skinned alien girls with tentacles on their head, i have to agree with that.. Saya > everything.
    but 1) i don't have a pic of Saya that is as well suited to be a cute avatar as my current one (and believe me, i've probably seen all interesting Saya pics the internet has to offer) and 2) i have a strong emotional atachment to that specific draenei after having different versions of her face on mmoc since i was at 17 posts. *wipes of a tear of nostalgia*
    Saya is the worst VN character ever. Ever ever ever.

you can't understand the magic of punsch rolls just by reading about them, geez!
    go buy some at ikea
    I'm not sure if Colombia has IKEAs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    Saya is the worst VN character ever. Ever ever ever.
    no u!

seriously though, Saya no Uta touched some philosophical issues that i've been thinking about a lot and that no other story i know managed (or even attempted) to show in the same light. the original I Am Legendary probably did, but i've never read that.
    well, it should!
    Last edited by Sy; 2012-12-02 at 03:50 PM.

Deleted
    no u!

seriously though, Saya no Uta touched some philosophical issues that i've been thinking about a lot and that no other story i know managed (or even attempted) to show in the same light. the original I Am Legendary probably did, but i've never read that.
    SURE IS PHILOSOPHICAL DEPTH IN BEING A MURDERING BITCH.

capsblox

Deleted
    Zefie, there's someone with a similar name to your's.

It's Likoris. :b

10+ Year Old Account
    SURE IS PHILOSOPHICAL DEPTH IN BEING A MURDERING BITCH.
    in her case, there actually is, yes.
    which is a major reason for why i am so impressed by the story. i know of no other that bends, and potentially even reverses, the common view of right and wrong, mad and sane. of superiority and morality and all the set and unspoken laws connected to those, that we humans created as we saw fit in a world incontestably dominated by our species for many thousands of years.

i understand these philosophical things, or at least the way Saya no Uta approaches them, aren't graspable by -- let alone interesting to -- everyone. all the more reason for me to respect the people who decided to deal with them :]
    Last edited by Sy; 2012-12-02 at 04:09 PM.

Deleted
    Columbia has stores?
    Ha. When I thought Unc was a lewd indigen wearing nothing but a thong and a leaf as clothing.

Deleted
    in her case, there actually is, yes.
    which is a major reason for why i am so impressed by the story. i know of no other that bends, and potentially even reverses, the common view of right and wrong, mad and sane. of superiority and morality and all the set and unspoken laws connected to those, that we humans created as we saw fit in a world incontestably dominated by our species for many thousands of years.
    If we're gonna go ahead and be food-chain-moralists here, I'm pretty sure Saya would eat vegans too.

10+ Year Old Account
    you're already spoiler'ing stuff a bit here for anyone who might want to take a look at it themselves in the future, so you might want to mark it as such.
    and yes, i know i tend to be oversensitive about that^^

i'm talking about much more than a simple foodchain. her raw physical superiority is actually questionable, not to mention that the humans broke away from the traditional "the strong eat the weak" chain long ago anyway.
    and Saya is the first and only one we know and only like 2y old. we have no possibility to tell how a culture, civilization or whatever of her species may look like, and how the views and actions of their individuals might differ (refering to your vegan argument here). in fact, seeing as how she originally is without any prejudices and is influenced in her whole beeing by the native species to an extend that exceeds even human's influence amongst each other, we can assume her species has a far, far greater variety of different individuals than we do.

what i'm talking about are for example the value of mind, of choice, of feelings and the "rights" we generally assume come with those.

There is pink dolphins there too.
    omg! it's like a water unicorn! O:

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gunner_recall View Post
    Obe's music is best music.

Oh, so, I went to a concert last night and while the roadies were setting up between bands they played Dio the entire time. It was fucking rad.
    Theys sound like my kinda people. I went to see Fear Factory and Devin Townsend like a week ago and they played Dio as well. And Black Sabbath. It's always hilarious when every single person in the audience knows the full lyrics to War Pigs, Holy Diver and Master of Puppets and then there's like 2 people singing along to the actual band's new CD.

Quote Originally Posted by Meari View Post
    i laff evry tiem
    Eheh... Hehehe... Eeeh... I'm not amused.

Unc is from the high cold mountains.
    You will not be forgotten, Eleanor / Steam ID / DeviantArt page / YouTube / Twitter

10+ Year Old Account
    Just to make it clear, that is not where I live.
    how disappointing..

Too many Christmas hats.

No Christmas allowed.

Deleted
    her raw physical superiority is actually questionable, not to mention that the humans broke away from the traditional "the strong eat the weak" chain long ago anyway.
    Between ourselves yes but we still eat pigs because we're stronger than them.

and Saya is the first and only one we know and only like 2y old. we have no possibility to tell how a culture, civilization or whatever of her species may look like, and how the views and actions of their individuals might differ (refering to your vegan argument here). in fact, seeing as how she originally is without any prejudices
    How is she without prejudices?

and is influenced in her whole beeing by the native species to an extend that exceeds even human's influence amongst each other, we can assume her species has a far, far greater variety of different individuals than we do.
    I'm not seeing what this has to do with anything.
    what i'm talking about are for example the value of mind, of choice, of feelings and the "rights" we generally assume come with those.
    I don't hand any rights to or respect the choices/feelings of things that want to eat me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Meari View Post
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/9Xoxv.jpg[IMG]
    Hot .

10+ Year Old Account
    Between ourselves yes but we still eat pigs because we're stronger than them.
    a tiger can easily kill (and eat) any human when it comes to physical superiority. yet it's still humans who are dominating earth, who are at the very top of the foodchain if you so want. though i still think defining human's position as outside/above the traditional chain is more fitting. it simply does not longer apply to us.
    How is she without prejudices?
    she has no knowledge at all, when she is "born" into our world. she might not BE without prejudices, but she WAS originally. all her prejudices are the ones she learned from us humans.
    I'm not seeing what this has to do with anything.
    i just meant to say wheter Saya would eat vegans or not doesn't tell us anything about how her species as a whole would see this "foodchain" issue and vegans and they might very well have their vegans on their own :D
    I don't hand any rights to or respect the choices/feelings of things that want to eat me.
    of course not, no one would. we hand "rights" to ourselves. "we are able, therefore we are allowed to" to put it simple. it's how humans as a species have always treated their surroundings.
    yet when another species in our fantasy is able to dominate/kill/eat us, we tend to view that as "cruel", as "evil".
    and again, the whole who-eats-whom-thing is just at the base of that. what if a species that is as intelligent as Saya's would take away our precious freedom and instead decide over us, even without malicious intentions? we dominate this world because we are the most intelligent, and we see it as our right to do so. but i can't see many humans beeing okay with more intelligent beeings taking the very same right for themselves, the same way we do.
    we have no justification for that.

note, i'm intentionally generalizing here, and all those "we" might very well not include you or me for example :]

10+ Year Old Account
    Too many Christmas hats.

No Christmas allowed.
    Says the flat face.

10+ Year Old Account
    i would use my christmas avatar too, but by stupid pc broke and i haven't recovered the old data yet
    too lazy to make a new one.