Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

This has me perplexed. Female blood elf male.

I convinced a friend of mine to finally try WoW and he got a trial account.

I told him to pick Horde so we can play together.

And what does he go and pick??

Female Blood Elf.

I asked him why he would pick that...and he said its because he wants to play the game and NOT have to "stare at some dudes ass" the whole time.

I'm perplexed. He was trying to be macho with his statement and yet how ironic is it that as a female toon he is likely to get hit on and flirted with by other males.....but maybe I am wrong?

A girl I play with said he is not going to get hit on by guys just because he's a female toon, and that I was being ridiculous.

What do you all think?

Deleted
    Lots of guys play female toons for that exact same reason. I think you are being a little over dramatic.

My own personal opinion is that guys who play female toons for whatever reason are weird. It just doesn't feel right, and I don't understand why anyone would possibly do this. But hey that's just my opinion. I'm predicting some angry comments from guys with female characters because I expressed my opinion on an internet forum.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    You really think that other people think all female characters are females RL? Our 10 man consists of 10 males, but only 3 have male characters.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think we shouldn't make flame-bait threads when we are bored.
    Look! Words!

I think you care too much about something so trivial.

Get your head outta your ass and play with your friend, that's what you wanted in the first place right?

Deleted
    If he want to play a female belf let him play a female belf. Every one knows that girl = guy in real life anyway

I always say and think that you are free to play whatever gender you want and for it to be ok, BUT then I see your friend's "reasoning" and I facepalm very hard.

You don't stare at your character's ass when you play. Your eyes are on your surroundings and the boss/mobs in question, occasionally on your abilities bar.

And well if your eyes are in fact glued to your toon's ass, then good sir/madam, you are a perv and probably bad at the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lochglen View Post
    I am wondering if Blizzard are going to give the Alliance the 5 mounts because the worgen have running wild, the horde have 5 new mounts , i just think they should balance it out, how say you all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    hows about you give half your money to africa because you have more than them, and it's not balanced
    no? didn't think so

Hmm, I didn't think anything was dramatic there, I think you're projecting.

Your opinion is pretty much the same as mine.
    It's a Role-playing game, and the idea is to pick a role you want to play.
    Not a role you want to look at for the pixelated ass, lol

I also think people are going to assume at first that a female character with a female name is a female IRL.

I dont know i find it weird that some guys want to be represented by a female toon in a video game but who im i to judge. Maybe they just need to get out of the closet or something idk really but i just cant understand why a dude would want to be a female in video games, creepy stuff...

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    That "reasoning" has always been an eternal source of headache in my case... Seriously, the phrase itself makes me want to punch babies!

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Lily Crowley View Post
    I always say and think that you are free to play whatever gender you want and for it to be ok, BUT then I see your friend's "reasoning" and I facepalm very hard.

You don't stare at your character's ass when you play. Your eyes are on your surroundings and the boss/mobs in question, occasionally on your abilities bar.

And well if your eyes are in fact glued to your toon's ass, then good sir/madam, you are a perv and probably bad at the game.
    Thank you! Someone who gets it.
    Its his reasoning that's so weird to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily Crowley View Post
    Nice avatar.

The part we can't see is a completely nude succubus on a chain leash.

Damn pervs!!!
    Look! Words!

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    My own personal opinion is that guys who play female toons for whatever reason are weird. It just doesn't feel right, and I don't understand why anyone would possibly do this.
    Its this mentality I don't understand. Playing a female character in no way makes me any less of a man, nor does playing a male character make my penis any larger. If you're secure in your sexuality, you shouldn't really care what your "avatar" in a game looks like.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

So yeah, its kinda pervy reasoning, and an odd thing to be concerned with when you pick a character.

I wanted to hear someone else say it, lol

Thanks guys.

10+ Year Old Account
    Role-playing game = role-playing game. You can play whatever the heck you want. You want to play as a female in a role-playing game? Then you are entitled to it without being called "Creepy", "weird" or gay or whatever Maxjr is trying to say by calling someone who likes role-playing in a role playing game a creep. You are not playing the game to play yourself in a fictive world. You are playing whatever you want in a game where you are allowed to play whatever you want and should not be critisized or judged by others for doing it. WoW isn't supposed to be reflecting you as you are in real life, but a place where you can be what you want to be without having any ulterior motive in doing so. By the way, Maxjr, this is what you sound like: "omg, this dude is playing a female character in an MMO, he must be a gay, creepy perv in real life"....

Quote Originally Posted by Blackthorne View Post

A girl I play with said he is not going to get hit on by guys just because he's a female toon, and that I was being ridiculous.

What do you all think?
    Quite right, really. I have a few female toons solely because if I have a human male character, I make the next human female for a little bit of difference and it won't feel like I'm playing the same character with different buttons, and so on for the next character I make. It's not like I get hit on day in day out. I haven't been 'hit on' at all.

Whilst a cloak will also stop you from staring at a dude's ass all day, it's not as mindboggling a decision as you seem to think.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxJr View Post
    I dont know i find it weird that some guys want to be represented by a female toon in a video game but who im i to judge. Maybe they just need to get out of the closet or something idk really but i just cant understand why a dude would want to be a female in video games, creepy stuff...
    Have you ever played Tomb Raider? How about Metroid? Final Fantasy X-2? Portal? BloodRayne? Bayonetta?

Are any of those creepy?
    "Let's see. There are monkeys that evolved into men and monkeys that didn't. Just as well, there are men that remained men and men that evolved into something else. Do you really think humans are the ultimate form of evolution? How arrogant."
    --Kakurine, Evil Zone for PS1

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanimus View Post
    Its this mentality I don't understand. Playing a female character in no way makes me any less of a man, nor does playing a male character make my penis any larger. If you're secure in your sexuality, you shouldn't really care what your "avatar" in a game looks like.
    I agree with you as well, it all depends on the person behind the keyboard.
    Context is important.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcanimus View Post
    I'm not saying that, and I'm not saying people aren't allowed to play what gender they want to play as. I just personally find it weird and it feels ''wrong'' to me. For all I care you play a pink pony with purple dots, I really couldn't care less. But I personally don't understand it.

Don't get me wrong, I would never judge someone or look down on people who do this.

I always felt that the female models work a little better for some races/classes. Completely ignoring the sex and just looking at the movement it just feels right.