excitement gone, intro transmog set bonuses!!

I 've been playing WoW since Vanilla and when set bonuses were first introduced it was SUPER exciting! It was right along the lines of the excitement when haste was first introduced in BC. Ya you could purchase crap haste gear from justice badges in Shat which did not add much to your DPS, but pretty much everyone knew that the impending expansion of WoTLK and the haste gear it would bring was going to be plentiful and a cool new concept(ZOMG I CAN CAST FIREBALL SO FAST NOW!!!). Other than H-Mimiron, Alg and LK I have yet to feel that same sense of excitement..... I think we have all grasped that Blizz is making valiant efforts to diversify battle and move away from the cookie-cutter concept(though i BADLY miss BC talent tree) and give us all options, especially in PvP. It's kind of thrilling now to be a Warrior and almost have a chance against a mage now a days(even with gag order nerf)... 1v1 dps vs. dps match ups across the board seem so much more "fair" for lack of a better word, especially with the new talent system in place.

I really think an awesome new idea would be able to transmog old set bonuses onto your current gear, with limitations of course. What those limitations are I haven't really thought of all so that why i'm coming to you guys! Good idea / bad idea? Discuss limitations of transmog'ing set bonuses! Not able to transmog current seasons gear maybe?(bad idea I know but this is a super primal idea)

Long story short, I want that excitement back! PvP wise, I want to not foresee a 1v1 fights in BGs, nor a 2's matches in arena before it happens! As for PvE, options are endless!(maybe) And this totally moves us out of the cookie cutter realm!

10+ Year Old Account
    No.
    Because then everyone would be wearing the same thing.

They are for cosmetics, not for raiding.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Auberdeen View Post
    It's kind of thrilling now to be a Warrior and almost have a chance against a mage now a days(even with gag order nerf)... 1v1 dps vs. dps match ups across the board seem so much more "fair" for lack of a better word, especially with the new talent system in place.
    And this totally moves us out of the cookie cutter realm!
    Does not compute.

Cookie cutter is playing FoTM specs.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

I was looking over them recently and most old set bonuses are actually super boring, when they aren't useless.

One enhancement 2-set boosts the power of their healing wave. Wow!

10+ Year Old Account
    Within the time it took for the beta or PTR this feature was tested on to end mathemagicians would have figured out exactly what the best set bonuses were and they'd be pretty much just as cookie cutter as the old talent trees were. Furthermore most of those old set bonueses are completely worthless, all about less threat and added (pet) healing, and other such nonsense (for warlocks at least). The better tier bonuses are actually the ones we had since late Wrath, so there'd be a very limited pool of useful ones, even taking into account that they would be scaled up to todays standerds, and not give the same amount of healing they used to.

The only way your plan would work even slightly is if there was a completely new designed bunch of set bonuses to choose from. But even then it'd go the same as it does now with our talents. They'd be mostly balanced, but all also pretty much pushed into their own little niche of usefulness. Why add that layer of complexity when it's allready pretty hard to get the game balanced enough. You'd just get another set of things you have to change constantly when you do different content. I think we he have enough stuff to change and tweak just with glyphs/talents.

I appreciate this idea in the very basest sense of it. I do like the concept of having interesting 2pc and 4pc and even the idea of mixing some 2pc together for varying results.

That said it would be a nightmare to balance because some old set boni just wouldn't work and be useless, and others would (I'm sure) be theorycrafted out to be the "BiS" 2pc or 4pc making raiders have to go acquire old gear to slap new boni on the current raiding gear.

Like I said, as a casual observer, sounds neat. After spending 2 minutes thinking about it being put into practice, it makes my head hurt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Get real bro, if walkers bite Daryl, they become Daryl's.

The word boni makes me laugh, it's just a funny word.

what nono I didn't mean only be able to customize to use PvP bonuses on PvP gear, but from Tier as well. Increase exuecute by 10% for warrior. YUM!(tier 6 bonus maybe?) i like massive numbers at the last 10% on Elegons facee

what nono I didn't mean only be able to customize to use PvP bonuses on PvP gear, but from Tier as well. Increase exuecute by 10% for warrior. YUM!(tier 6 bonus maybe?) i like massive numbers at the last 10% on Elegons facee
    This is exactly what everyone has been replying to already.

It's a bad idea.