Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by konway View Post
    On my raid char (priest): 3 items from 60+ LFR kills -- Less than 5% success rate.
    On my non-raiding char (sham): 4 items from 6 LFR kills -- Over 65% success rate.

Is Blizzard tipping the LFR loot scales in favor of non-raiders, or am I just imagining things?

The way probabilities work is that for each lucky stream there is one unlucky streak. Seems like you had unlucky streak on the priest and better than average luck on the shaman. So yeah, you're just imagining it.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    In return, I raid on no characters this tier and I've gotten only a couple pieces of loot across 3 toons in LFR/Sha. It's just RNG.
    Quote from: Thallidomaniac on March 28, 2010, 05:56:24 am
    Our characters are wearing the same pair of underwear, since like, Level 1. Damn that's unsanitary as hell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arantes View Post
    Used to take creativity to build a conspiracy theory. The "good" ones will make rational people laugh and wonder what sort of drugs the "theorist" was on. This is barely a conspiracy theory it's just a mislabeled sense of entitlement or inability to grasp RNG.
    It's more fun watching people defend a system denying them loot, in an effort to look more tough.

Definition of insanity is doing the same thing repeatedly without results.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Deleted
    My main has gotten a bunch of drops off LFR and the Sha. My non-raiding alt didn't get zilch in 3 straight weeks of doing all of it (and using coins).. And I mean not ONE single drop. Just gold bags for 3 entire weeks clearing everything I possibly could in LFR + Sha.

Therefore, since my miniscule sample must also constitute fact, I've just rendered your theory moot and mine is taking place:

Blizzard is favoring raiders and making non-raiders have a huge lack of gear drops so they can't do normal raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunareste View Post
    RNG is RNG.
    there actually is no perfectly random RNG

I've gotten several items from LFR. I've also killed heroic mode bosses. Your theory is flawed.

I keep getting the same items over and over from the same bosses and the other bosses never drop anything... Blew 8 coins on tsulong for the staff and all I got was a bunch of gold and a pair of gloves that I didn't even see on the loot table

Quote Originally Posted by Mteq View Post
    i see a lot of contradiction in these LFR threads.

how DOES the system actually work?

trend i see is people think its one of the following two (for clarification numbers; are generalized)

method one:

boss dies; every person in the raid rolls 1-100 vs the system. if you roll 1-50 you get gold, if you roll 51-100 you get an item. item is taken from the loot table at random that is specifid as found in the dungeon journal for your spec/class. this means that theoraticly, everyone in the raid can get an item.

method two;

boss dies; he drops 5 items. the system first checks who is eligible my cross referring class spec with the assigned loot. say he drops a spell caster dagger. 10 people in the raid have it assigned to them in te dungeon journal. these 10 people automaticlly roll and 1 person wins the dagger, even if he already has it. this means that 5 people get an item per kill.

i always thought it was method 1. but i'm not so sure anymore.
    GC said that when the boss dies it rolls 1-100 for each person, if you roll 1-5 you get an item, which it them chooses after that roll. If you roll 6-100 you get gold.

Quote Originally Posted by draconisaerius View Post
    GC said that when the boss dies it rolls 1-100 for each person, if you roll 1-5 you get an item, which it them chooses after that roll. If you roll 6-100 you get gold.
    Citation on those numbers?

I don't think he or any other dev has given the odds. If they are as low as you state, a lot of us are getting very lucky.
    The process is as you describe, though.
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

10+ Year Old Account
    RNG is a bitch.

Priest:
    66 LFR bosses | 11 loot | 2 upgrades | 9 DE
    12 sha's | 3 loot | 2 upgrades 1 pvp | 0 DE
    3 Galleon | 2 loot | 2 upgrades | 0 DE
    27 coins | 5 loot | 2 upgrade | 3 DE

DK:
    34 LFR bosses | 0 loot
    4 sha's | 0 loot
    0 galleon | 0 loot
    9 coins | 0 loot

RNG is a bitch

---------- Post added 2012-12-03 at 07:57 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mteq View Post
    i see a lot of contradiction in these LFR threads.

how DOES the system actually work?

trend i see is people think its one of the following two (for clarification numbers; are generalized)

method one:

boss dies; every person in the raid rolls 1-100 vs the system. if you roll 1-50 you get gold, if you roll 51-100 you get an item. item is taken from the loot table at random that is specifid as found in the dungeon journal for your spec/class. this means that theoraticly, everyone in the raid can get an item.

method two;

boss dies; he drops 5 items. the system first checks who is eligible my cross referring class spec with the assigned loot. say he drops a spell caster dagger. 10 people in the raid have it assigned to them in te dungeon journal. these 10 people automaticlly roll and 1 person wins the dagger, even if he already has it. this means that 5 people get an item per kill.

i always thought it was method 1. but i'm not so sure anymore.
    Method 1 I have seen 22 people in the same raid get loot

Me and the 2 tanks was the only ones to not get. This was in DS shortly after the new system came out and everyone shared their loot.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Quote Originally Posted by BrerBear View Post
    Citation on those numbers?

I don't think he or any other dev has given the odds. If they are as low as you state, a lot of us are getting very lucky.
    The process is as you describe, though.
    I do recall seeing the numbers somewhere, but I can't find exactly where right now. I did find this which seems to have been deleted from offical forums but quotes 15% chance for loot in the final post.