Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question 【Help!】Wind Lord Mel'jarak cc issues 【10man(N)】

Hello guys!

Can I get your comments about cc issues with Wind Lord Mel'jarak (10man normal)?

We know the basic tac for this boss, including Watchful Eye skill, but still, we have an issue about cc.

"One" of mobs which has been cc'd suddenly starts to attack. Not all mobs, but only single mob does.
    We kept watching the player who does cc to that mob, but she seems to be fine. She uses spear, and keeps ccing her target.

We have looked up info on web, and got to know some skills like druid healers' one, starfall(already fixed), Halo( not sure if its true tho) and so on can break cc.
    But we have no druid healers, no druid dps and our priest does not have Halo talent.

Here, the point is that "she" is holy paladin, and we have not yet found up whats wrong with her ccing.

Could you please advise us?
    We are very grateful for any help.

Thank you in advance.!

Deleted
    Holy Prism also breaks the CC, or atleast it did so a while back.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Holypall View Post
    Hello guys!

Can I get your comments about cc issues with Wind Lord Mel'jarak (10man normal)?

We know the basic tac for this boss, including Watchful Eye skill, but still, we have an issue about cc.

"One" of mobs which has been cc'd suddenly starts to attack. Not all mobs, but only single mob does.
    We kept watching the player who does cc to that mob, but she seems to be fine. She uses spear, and keeps ccing her target.

We have looked up info on web, and got to know some skills like druid healers' one, starfall(already fixed), Halo( not sure if its true tho) and so on can break cc.
    But we have no druid healers, no druid dps and our priest does not have Halo talent.

Here, the point is that "she" is holy paladin, and we have not yet found up whats wrong with her ccing.

Could you please advise us?
    We are very grateful for any help.

Thank you in advance.!
    Something is breaking it. If she re-cc when there is 10 secs left, it should be fine. Also if something breaks it, she can just re cc it + just cast re cc whenever she have a spare global.

If it's only one mob, it's getting hit or she is CCing the wrong target. All the CCers in my guild set their CC target to focus and use a macro like this:

Code:
    /tar focus
    /click ExtraActionButton1
    /targetlasttarget
    This ensures quick reaction time and correct CC.

Which mob is breaking free? If the CC'd mobs don't move from the pull, the Elite Blade Master is closer than the other two groups and so might be within range of certain AoE.

Make sure if you have a Warlock that they don't use their AoE range-boosting Talent (it's really unneeded on this fight) and that Hunters are placing their Explosive Traps far enough away from the rest of the enemies. In addition, Holy Prism healing an ally that is near the CC'd mobs would do damage to that mob, breaking them free, so in this case Light's Hammer would likely be a better Talent if you really need to push the DPS (since it can damage all of the enemies while healing the melee group and tank) or Stay of Execution if the tank really needs all the healing he can get - or, at the very least, to make sure to only use Holy Prism on the tank or other melee member.

Deleted
    There is an addon that announces who breaks what CC and on what mob in raid chat. If I'm correct it's called BigBrother. Could help you figure out why it's always that same mob that breaks free.

Good luck on the encounter

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by VuRkka View Post
    Holy Prism also breaks the CC, or atleast it did so a while back.
    Hmm...
    Our holy pal dose not have Holy Prism talent.

anyways,
    ty for ur info.

When does this happen? Are you getting all the adds down at the same time?

Quote Originally Posted by Faylo View Post
    Something is breaking it. If she re-cc when there is 10 secs left, it should be fine. Also if something breaks it, she can just re cc it + just cast re cc whenever she have a spare global.
    Once one cc is broken, we head downstairs and reset it.
    Okay, i wanna see if just re-cc gonna work, so i will let my guild members and RL know about that tac.
    Thanks.

---------- Post added 2012-12-03 at 02:22 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    If it's only one mob, it's getting hit or she is CCing the wrong target. All the CCers in my guild set their CC target to focus and use a macro like this:

Code:
    /tar focus
    /targetlasttarget
    Ty. we already use the macro for the mob.
    If she does cc the wrong one, and that is the reason why only "One" mob's cc gonna be broken,
    the solution sounds so simple.
    I wish that is the reason rather than there is another reason.

---------- Post added 2012-12-03 at 02:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Xiphias View Post
    Which mob is breaking free? If the CC'd mobs don't move from the pull, the Elite Blade Master is closer than the other two groups and so might be within range of certain AoE.

Make sure if you have a Warlock that they don't use their AoE range-boosting Talent (it's really unneeded on this fight) and that Hunters are placing their Explosive Traps far enough away from the rest of the enemies. In addition, Holy Prism healing an ally that is near the CC'd mobs would do damage to that mob, breaking them free, so in this case Light's Hammer would likely be a better Talent if you really need to push the DPS (since it can damage all of the enemies while healing the melee group and tank) or Stay of Execution if the tank really needs all the healing he can get - or, at the very least, to make sure to only use Holy Prism on the tank or other melee member.
    Will share ur post with guildies. Ty for a lot of info!

---------- Post added 2012-12-03 at 02:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Titansruler View Post
    There is an addon that announces who breaks what CC and on what mob in raid chat. If I'm correct it's called BigBrother. Could help you figure out why it's always that same mob that breaks free.

Yeah, our RL is planning to use the addon that shows what breaks cc on this boss. Ty for ur info and warmful cheer!

---------- Post added 2012-12-03 at 02:40 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold of Skullcrusher View Post
    Nah, not all of mobs, but just only one mob which is cc'd by holy pal. *cries*
    If that pal's cc keeps failing and that is the reason, it sounds fine cause we know "what breaks her target's cc".(her ccing skill breaks cc.)
    But I've heard that some skills can break cc, so that I want you guys to advise me.
    Thanks in advance.

---------- Post added 2012-12-03 at 03:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Faylo View Post
    Once one cc is broken, we head downstairs and reset it.
    Okay, i wanna see if just re-cc gonna work, so i will let my guild members and RL know about that tac.
    Thanks.

---------- Post added 2012-12-03 at 02:22 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post

Code:
    /tar focus
    /targetlasttarget
    Ty. we already use the macro for the mob.
    If she does cc the wrong one, and that is the reason why only "One" mob's cc gonna be broken,
    the solution sounds so simple.
    I wish that is the reason rather than there is another reason.

---------- Post added 2012-12-03 at 02:26 PM ----------

Will share ur post with guildies. Ty for a lot of info!

---------- Post added 2012-12-03 at 02:29 PM ----------

Yeah, our RL is planning to use the addon that shows what breaks cc on this boss. Ty for ur info and warmful cheer!

---------- Post added 2012-12-03 at 02:40 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold of Skullcrusher View Post
    Nah, not all of mobs, but just only one mob which is cc'd by holy pal. *cries*
    If that pal's cc keeps failing and that is the reason, it sounds fine cause we know "what breaks her target's cc".(her ccing skill breaks cc.)
    But I've heard that some skills can break cc, so that I want you guys to advise me.
    Thanks in advance.

Unless that mod is different than a lot of others, the spear is not recognized as CC and spear breaks will not be announced.

This could be what's going on. She is standing to close to the mobs, and when they do the blade rush your mage's living bomb blows up and breaks her CC.

One thing you need to do is pull the boss way back and make sure people are at max range to reapply their CC.

Quote Originally Posted by Isotope View Post
    This could be what's going on. She is standing to close to the mobs, and when they do the blade rush your mage's living bomb blows up and breaks her CC.

One thing you need to do is pull the boss way back and make sure people are at max range to reapply their CC.
    ty for your post!
    What does "blade rush" mean? You meant Whirling Blade?
    Btw, we don't have any mages on our tries.
    Hmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by Holypall View Post
    ty for your post!
    What does "blade rush" mean? You meant Whirling Blade?
    Btw, we don't have any mages on our tries.
    Hmmm...
    Pretty sure the ability he is talking about is Kor'thik strike that the blademasters do to all charge 1 target.

Pally's cc target is the Elite Blade Masster.
    Yeah...When we pull, all CC'd mobs don't move, but in the middle of fight, Blade Master's cc is suddenly broken.
    Hmmm.....>.<

---------- Post added 2012-12-04 at 09:06 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Anuibus View Post
    Pretty sure the ability he is talking about is Kor'thik strike that the blademasters do to all charge 1 target.
    Ty!
    I got it.

---------- Post added 2012-12-04 at 09:23 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Isotope View Post

We don't have mages on our tries, but yea, our holy pal might be too close to her target.
    We have already tried to stand at max range in combet(on phase1 after pulling).
    On this fight, sometimes we have to move around as you all know Very busy tbh.

Deleted
    We had the same problem last night with one of the battle menders. Problem was solved by switching to another mender.

Do you have any logs? It might be possible to look over the logs to find out what is breaking the spear CC.

If it's only breaking on one enemy (and not the whole group) then the trouble is something is doing direct damage to that enemy (ie damage that isn't due to their shared health pool - damaging the others of the same type won't count against the CC, obviously) or the CC is running out without being reapplied. Or, I suppose, she is accidentally using the spear on a different target, which would remove the CC effect from the first, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by zandervont View Post
    We had the same problem last night with one of the battle menders. Problem was solved by switching to another mender.
    Menders mean mambers/players?
    Sounds simple and fair enough.
    I'm happy for ya! grats.

Thing is that our tac is to assigh cc jobs/roles to 2 healers.
    Holy pal can be switched to another healer by RL, but thats not what I want to ask here.
    Cause I am not a RL.
    Nobody but RL can perform an ultravires act...
    I am sorry if I offended you, I didn't mean it.

Ty for ur post!
    Good luck on next boss!

He means the Battle Menders (the healing ones), not a different player doing the CCing. Perhaps you just need to target a different Blade Lord for the CC?

Do you have any logs? It might be possible to look over the logs to find out what is breaking the spear CC.

If it's only breaking on one enemy (and not the whole group) then the trouble is something is doing direct damage to that enemy (ie damage that isn't due to their shared health pool - damaging the others of the same type won't count against the CC, obviously) or the CC is running out without being reapplied. Or, I suppose, she is accidentally using the spear on a different target, which would remove the CC effect from the first, of course.
    Yeah, we have logs
    Some of our guildies have looked up our logs on this boss.
    And a couple of times, she did re-cc the wrong target as u said.
    But just after she did re-cc, the cc was broken. it happened so often.
    And we have no ideas whats wrong atm.

It might be caused by some direct dmg... i see... well, we will see.
    Will share ur post with guildies. Ty! *hugs*

could it be, because you guys are not reccing fast enough, and dots getting applied? this happens with a DK. check out my video for some insight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9sSxQUUgxY