Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    surviving battletron isnt that hard really. I used Spirit bond+glyph, Spirit Beast+Stampede glyph those pets will heal me too, and a healthstone from a lock, Im a Draenei so i have a extra heal but didnt need it as i killed him with 40% hp left.

Deleted
    Things to do for higher ranks in Brawler's Arena :

1) Spec pet into tenacity
    2) Spirit bond + animal bond glyph + spirit mend
    3) Mending glyph to keep your pet up constantly.
    4) Use point of no escape glyph to get more dps onto boss.

Glyph of No Escape won't really help, since it applies only to targets of your Freezing Trap (not your Ice Trap) and thus will only affect one hit before the enemy is freed from its effects.

Deleted
    For battletron I used stampede with spirit mend for the initial 3 explosions to make the gap.

Then I had spirit bond & spirit mend on cooldown to survive till it fell over. If I didn't trigger an explosion by accident, I was fine.

I also pre-potted agi and used a heal pot mid fight.

What are the rewards for doing this Brawlers guild thing? its worth it?

any cool mount or something like that?

There is a companion pet you can get at Rank 4, a JP heirloom Fist weapon you can buy at Rank 8, and also a title you get for reaching Rank 8 ("Brawler"). Reaching Rank 7 will give you an Invite you can sell or give away (you don't need another one for yourself ever again, since the invitation to battle is account-wide).

Otherwise, there's just Achievements and a small amount of gold to be had (and really, the repair costs when you start to find the fights difficult will probably more than make up for this paltry bonus gold).

Any tips for Akama? I just can't outlast his damage output. I've switched to a gorilla pet so that I can interrupt his Chain Lightning often enough, but his wolves and random melee he hits me with just wears me down before I can kill him.

And you guys think you have problems ? Tried BG as healer ?

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jaimelannister View Post
    Any tips for Akama? I just can't outlast his damage output. I've switched to a gorilla pet so that I can interrupt his Chain Lightning often enough, but his wolves and random melee he hits me with just wears me down before I can kill him.
    Honestly what I did was glyph for Mending and Animal Bond. Pull out my turtle pet and send him in. I kept my Ice Trap/pretty much any slow I could think of on Akama. I didn't let the pet tank Akama, I kited him. The pets Thunderstomp was allowing the pet to hold threat against his Spirit Wolves pretty well and the extra healing from my glyphs let the pet survive multiple wolves at once. I also spec'd into Exhilaration so if my pet or I ever got dangerously low I could use a super heal. For Chain Lightning I silenced the first one, Intimidation Stun the second, silence the third. He might chain lightning while none of those abilities are up so you can just Deterrence to block it. Once you got the set up just blow your cooldowns and spray and pray; I actually ended up hitting the enrage timer (The fire killed me pretty much just as I killed Akama and it counted as a win). My hunters gear is still kinda meh; only ilevel 469 so that can partially attribute to hitting the enrage; also that I'm bad .
    Last edited by Atheran; 2012-12-02 at 07:44 PM.

Hunters and brawlers guild

SO, i got the invite for the brawlers guild off a rare, and are now having a lot of fun testing my skills along with a few guildies.

after a day i am now stuck at Deeken, had no trouble up to this point, but now my pet can't seem to hold agro no matter what i do, and i can't misdirrect in the arena. and if he finally DO get agro, he dies in 3 hits.

going MM doesn't help me either, as soon as he gets in range (and he will, because of having to dodge that shit on the floor), he will knock me back and slow me in that lightning, causing me to die.

any tips?

and how far have you guys gotten so far?

Deleted
    I play MM myself, stuck on GGengineers atm (really hard to heal trough the gnome's damage...) but tries get better.

Remeber that even if your pet can't tank, it can still help you kite / stun / interrupt etc.

For Deeken if you have to get in melee range, you can use Deterrence / potion (sold by the quartermaster NPCthere / Readiness for 2x Chimera heal. Scatter of Ice trap won't last long but you could try to avoid melee hits with it.

Edit: There is an other post about Brawler's guild, we should continue there.

not on the hunter forums as far as i am aware. and i can't really use tips from other classes, since they got other mechanics to tweak the encounters.

Quote Originally Posted by Garkanh View Post
    SO, i got the invite for the brawlers guild off a rare, and are now having a lot of fun testing my skills along with a few guildies.

after a day i am now stuck at Deeken, had no trouble up to this point, but now my pet can't seem to hold agro no matter what i do, and i can't misdirrect in the arena. and if he finally DO get agro, he dies in 3 hits.

going MM doesn't help me either, as soon as he gets in range (and he will, because of having to dodge that shit on the floor), he will knock me back and slow me in that lightning, causing me to die.

any tips?

and how far have you guys gotten so far?
    Spec your pet tenacity. My pet never died nor lost aggro during that fight. Other than that it's just avoid lightning on the floor which is what hunters excel at since we don't have a penalty for moving.

Quote Originally Posted by TDrog View Post
    I play MM myself, stuck on GGengineers atm (really hard to heal trough the gnome's damage...) but tries get better.

Remeber that even if your pet can't tank, it can still help you kite / stun / interrupt etc.

For Deeken if you have to get in melee range, you can use Deterrence / potion (sold by the quartermaster NPCthere / Readiness for 2x Chimera heal. Scatter of Ice trap won't last long but you could try to avoid melee hits with it.

Edit: There is an other post about Brawler's guild, we should continue there.
    GG engineering is pretty easy once you get it. You just have to be stacked up on either the gnome or goblin (whichever isn't in the shield) and ready to move once the visual appears under you. Doing this will reduce the damage needed to kill them. I tried that fight just ignoring mechanics and I got them to 1M hp before the fire came and killed me.

I was BM the whole time.

My pet tends to take aggro when I don't want it too. Its done it to me as Surv and BM lol. Honestly where you are at now you want your pet to be Ferocity and you want to make use of all of your slows. I glyphed into the knock back for explosive trap for a couple of the fights. On Deeken my pet was actually tanking for once. Because I was bm I used my corehound and used its hero/bloodlust. I know I hit the stun we get, but I'm not entirely sure if it went off or not because I was too busy avoiding the crap on the ground. I was able to kill him before he killed my pet a 2nd time (using heart of the phoenix when my pet died the first time then using FD when I got my pet back on him). I just made sure to keep myself away from Deeken when I was avoiding the stuff on the ground. Running through a few doesn't hurt too much if he's not going to catch you. I also am specced into Exhilaration.
    I'm rank 7 atm on GG. I switched between my spirit beast, corehound, and warpstalker (for the slow it does). Always keep traps down and kite. Remember we can cast cobra/steady shot now while running.
    I ended up using Ferocity pets since growl doesn't seem to want to work anymore.
    If that doesn't make sense I'll clarify after I wake up. Too much studying for exams lol.

well, i have defeated him now, now i'm stuck at millie. casting that explosive chicken polymorph on me 4 times in a row, could only interupt it 3 times, with scatter - readyness scatter intemidation before it finaly got me... so annoying fights.

Stand in the lightning pools on the ground right before she gets the cast off. Breaks you out.

10+ Year Old Account
    BW gets you out of that disorient from Millie

Got the brawler title Friday, with the killf of Zen'Shar.
    Here is some tips about encounters.

Played BM till rank 7 bosses.
    Don't forget to use flasks and food.
    Prepot, and nuke them.
    You CAN use misdirection, but before entering the arena. There is 25 secondes between 2 fights. Use you timer, and cast misdirection at the right time!

Rank 7 :
    GG Engineers:
    Killed as BM, with a spec with self heal (spirit bond + spirit beast + hp potion)
    Relatively easy fight when you understand the mechanics : One engineer only cast bombs and the other chain lightning. Bombs do dammage on the engineers (like 350k, so 3%).
    Precast misdirection and focus the one who cast chain lightning. You don't want to be focused by the chain lightning.

And then, just run around the one who is not under the shield.
    You need the avoid bombs, but the engineer have to take dammage from it.

Dark Summoner:
    Killed with a Sv spec.
    Kill the adds in order to break the boss shield, then use cds on the boss.

Battletron:
    The big challenge.
    Killed with a BM spec (Iron Hawk, spirit beast for heal and hp potion).
    He cast a spell that creates mines.
    Every time a spell trought the mines, you take 80k dammage.

Prepot and nuke it at the start.
    Just before the end of his cast (0.3s), cast arcane shot and use deterrence (you'll take no dammage).
    You need kill one mine at least, but 2 will make the fight easier.
    With a good dps, heals from your pet, you can mannage to kill the boss.

Use stampede (5 spirit beast) only when you are low on hp.
    Keep your potion cd for a healing one in case of you need it.

Meatball:
    Killed as SV.
    Collect the orbs and nuke it when you have 50 stacks.
    Keep collecting them, they heals you.
    If you get the soft enrage, just disengage and tadadam.

You're now rank 8, congratulation!

Rank 8 : Where the fun starts!
    Epicus Maximus:
    Not killed yet, 3% remaining..
    Used a SV spec, because he always kill my pet.
    Do NOT kick his blue pew pew. As a ranged dps, you can avoid it and gain some secondes.
    Go to one corner of the arena. When he strats to cast his laser of the death, disengage and go to the opposite corner.
    Use your CDs here and repeat till his dead.

Disrupton:
    Not killed yet.
    Played as SV, but BM is good option too.
    Be sure to focus the gob and not the middle canon, and avoid his red beams and beams.
    Pratice is the key.

Milhouse:
    You need to play SV, because your pet do not get your bonus dammage provided by the cristals.
    Managed to left Milhouse at 30%.
    I have 496 ilvl with my hunter, but i don't think it's enough.. You need a good critals pop AND a really really big dps.
    Our retpal managed to left him at 5%, with 430k dps.

Zen'Shar:
    The easiest one.
    Killed as SV.
    Use a explo trap and nuke adds without CDs.
    Then kill the boss.

There is a safe zone. You just need to avoid Evil Glare (the detah beam).

here is a fast drawing :

You --- BOSS ------

------- BOSS ---YOU

and repeat.

Never took a beam with this strat.

Don't hesitate if you want tips for lesser ranks, you may not have my gear.
    Last edited by Wouke; 2012-12-03 at 11:02 AM.

Does anyone know the reason why misdirection and pet growl are disabled inside the arena? Hunters are supposed to rely a lot on our pets to play this game and the absence of those abilities will cripple us greatly. At the same time I have seen warlock pets tank the bosses for the entire duration of the fights, so obviously they don't have the same limitations. Makes no sense to me.

Epicus Maximus:
    Not killed yet, 3% remaining..
    Used a SV spec, because he always kill my pet.
    Do NOT kick his blue pew pew. As a ranged dps, you can avoid it and gain some secondes.
    Go to one corner of the arena. When he strats to cast his laser of the death, disengage and go to the opposite corner.
    Use your CDs here and repeat till his dead.
    For this one I focused on playing BM and just interrupting the Blue Crush to prevent my pet dying. Have to be careful as your pet can be hit by the beam as well as the crap on the floor. Would be very difficult as survival to make the DPS requirements I imagine. 93.5k DPS or so to kill it before enrage.

Disrupton:
    Not killed yet.
    Played as SV, but BM is good option too.
    Be sure to focus the gob and not the middle canon, and avoid his red beams and beams.
    Pratice is the key.
    BM is probably ideal here again - you can get a priest levitate and avoid all of the beams on the floor if you can avoid getting hit. Required about 89k DPS saving CDs for the very end to make the 35-0% second enrage.

Milhouse:
    You need to play SV, because your pet do not get your bonus dammage provided by the cristals.
    Managed to left Milhouse at 30%.
    I have 496 ilvl with my hunter, but i don't think it's enough.. You need a good critals pop AND a really really big dps.
    Our retpal managed to left him at 5%, with 430k dps.
    SV really is mandatory here. Can't believe they didn't include pets in the buff. My best attempt is 9% doing 350k DPS @ 495 iLvl. This fight is really ridiculous for hunters. You will need an iLvl of minimum 495 and pretty much perfect crystal spawns.

Zen'Shar:
    The easiest one.
    Killed as SV.
    Use a explo trap and nuke adds without CDs.
    Then kill the boss.
    Yeah, it's almost completely irrelevant what spec you are for this guy. The enrage is so low that you might as well queue as BM and attempt 3 bosses, resetting for Millhouse until you kill a few and narrow it down.

On that note, anyone have any minmaxing ideas for Millhouse?