Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

It's worth to do 5.1 dailies

It's worth to do 5.1 dailies only for storyline quests that are listed in this achievement. I've done 3 of them and they're pretty awesome - a lot of lore is included in them. Also it looks like we're going to see attack on Darnassus cause there is "The Darnassus Operation" storyline listed so its kinda cool - never thought that I will actually see this in game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post

It's worth to do 5.1 dailies only for storyline quests that are listed in this achievement. I've done 3 of them and they're pretty awesome - a lot of lore is included in them. Also it looks like we're going to see attack on Darnassus cause there is "The Darnassus Operation" storyline listed so its kinda cool - never thought that I will actually see this in game.
    The bell was/is in Darnassus. The dailies suck and I will not be doing them. Revolving a whole expac around dailies? Im not sure who thought that was a good idea. I log into raid and then log out and play Planetside 2. I like MoP and as an expac it is fun except the dailies, I refuse to do them and it seems to be the "new content" blizzard id going to lose so many players with this method.

I don't PvP, so I would say no. Especially all that work for 10 Achievement points 25+ points, I might consider it.

I actually really like the 5.1 dailies. I don't mind the concept of dailies in general, I just didn't like what was available before 5.1 because I don't really care about Pandaria. But with the new stuff makes it feel like I'm part of the big picture and I enjoy that.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Revolving a whole expac around dailies?
    Why do people constantly claim this?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHellfire View Post
    It's the "in" thing to do. Sort of like how early Cata it was hip to call Blizzard out on hating casuals, then when DS came out it was the thing to call them out for catering to casuals.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hes not lying lol if you want to progress that story line you do have to do those dailies which I don't have a problem but most people do or you could watch it on youtube that works too.

10+ Year Old Account

Because they think Raid = Content. Personally I could not agree more. MoP is flipping amazing and 5.1 even more so. I am loving the dailies, the change to 5.1, the constant wpvp at least on my server, the objectives and Brawlers Guild. Oh God don't even get me started on how much fun that is XD
    For the night is dark and full of terrors

Nah. A few lore snippets aren't enough to coerce me to do more dailies. Especially when I can just look the information up if I really care about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Algearond View Post
    Because they think Raid = Content. Personally I could not agree more. MoP is flipping amazing and 5.1 even more so. I am loving the dailies, the change to 5.1, the constant wpvp at least on my server, the objectives and Brawlers Guild. Oh God don't even get me started on how much fun that is XD
    for mme mop is flipping back to cata state... not interested in more dailies, dont need anything from hc exept valors, brawlers guild = over 1h que for 30sec fight...ye amazing fun >.< Im loging main for raids and do pvp on alt, only moving from capital cause pvp and valor vendors are located in some crapholes...

10+ Year Old Account
    Same.

I do not have any motivations to do the dailies, the only fraction I am exalted with is the Tillers from farming lol. I hated the dailies, but I had to do some, well I did a lot when the expansion came out and helped my initial start raid gear, now I still have like 5 weeks worth of charm to use I won't be doing dailies anytime soon, may be I will give the new fraction dailies a try once my coins ran out. The gear won't be an incentive as normal/HC raid gears are better, I am not an achievement hunter so those points means nothing to me, lore telling wise, WoW is waaaay behind other MMO in terms of lore telling, I won't be overly excited about that.

So yeah, if it isn't raid related, I probably won't be overly excited over it.

i don't think raid is the only content in this game, nor do i think mop = daily expansion... but pretty sure most would agree dailies ARE a big part of it... and don't know if thats so good...

i personally am enjoying the new dailies... wish i was on a pvp server tho to have a bit more fun with them >

The bell was/is in Darnassus. The dailies suck and I will not be doing them. Revolving a whole expac around dailies? Im not sure who thought that was a good idea. I log into raid and then log out and play Planetside 2. I like MoP and as an expac it is fun except the dailies, I refuse to do them and it seems to be the "new content" blizzard id going to lose so many players with this method.
    Right, because locking all storyline behind raiding where so many raiders openly, and venmously, state they don't give a rat's ass about story was a genius design.

I guess you're still one of the people who somehow feels Blizzard has a gun down your throat and will pull the trigger if you don't do dailies...only you're not doing them and still raiding so obviously you're not forced at all. There are 5 mans, scenarios, and raids that all contribute to the story and the expansion. It doesn't revolve around dailies.

To the OP, I'm actually more motivated to work through the rep with Operation: Shieldwall for the story parts that it unlocks than the gear. The gear is a complete afterthought to me with this one.

I just can't figure out what people want anymore. I guess Blizzard is supposed to release Ulduar size raids on a monthly basis, only each one better be bigger, more complicated, and every last trash mob needs a unique model or it's not considered "content" somehow. :/
    Last edited by Faroth; 2012-12-03 at 07:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastmasterGuardian View Post
    I don't PvP, so I would say no. Especially all that work for 10 Achievement points 25+ points, I might consider it.
    The daillies do not involve PvP
    Quote Originally Posted by Nosonia View Post
    Heroics are heroics for a reason.. if you cant do heroics, you cant raid.. its the proper path...
    ...Blizzard has gone the mile and added LFR for those people, but nerfing normal and hc modes is just plain stupid. The Burning Legion didn't get pushed back by lining up a thousand arcane mages spamming AB. It took work work work.

Cuz.

Ya know.

They're not optional or anything.

And I refer to my previous argument that if you can raid, there's your gear.

Oh, there's this thing also called LFR!

So, ya know.

There's that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastmasterGuardian View Post
    Operation: Shieldwall and the Dominance Offensive are 100% pure PvE content. There is no PvP involved at any point.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think too many people see dailies as an all or nothing deal. You don't really have to constantly grind. Did them 3-4 times this week, probably less next. Pick it up a bit more over the holidays when I have some time off work. I really like having some casual progression content to do on days I don't raid. Overall, pretty big fan of how they've implemented dailies/farmville in MoP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wtf, I've done the dailies everyday except for one day and I haven't done ANY of those storylines yet. Could it be because I'm not doing the buyable dailies for 30 tokens?

Quote Originally Posted by Terahertz View Post
    Wtf, I've done the dailies everyday except for one day and I haven't done ANY of those storylines yet. Could it be because I'm not doing the buyable dailies for 30 tokens?
    No. Did you do Dagger in the Dark?
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Terahertz View Post
    The traps give 0 rep. The beasts you need a small group to kill after does give 200 (base). Now, you only can kill 1 a day for rep, not all 3.

I'm at the same point the OP is right now, only missed killing 2 beasts this past week (not counting today yet), one day due to work and not having anyone around after the fact, and the other cause I didn't know (Tuesday). I am currently 1890/12000, the highest one could be is 2340/12000 (not factoring in the +10% rep buff you can get from the Darkmoon Faire's carousel that would be added to yesterday and today's earnings).

Edit: And yes, as Destil mentions, doing the scenario "Dagger in the Dark" kind of sets everything up too. That is the first step in everything, sets up a HUGE chunk of story to build on.
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.