Black Temple Warrior Solo Guide (lvl 90)

There is a lot of information on this in this thread, but it's all over the place, so here's an easy to read guide for one of the best instances (imo) for transmog gear and, dare I say it, fun. It's a great instance. Note that I never raided here when it was current content, so I don't know the fights well. The instance itself is a bit of a maze but you should work it out, if not there are some youtube videos which serve as guided tours (I can't find the one I watched again though ).

There is one dps check boss (bloodboil) so you'll need half decent dps, I was kitted out in mostly 463 gear at the time. Having good knowledge of your dps rotation and knowing when to pop cooldowns etc to maximise dps is good. I did this as smf fury.

To make most of the instance trivial you should spec into Second Wind, the damage the bosses deal out isn't very high but it's enough to kill you in some cases. Most can't out-damage second wind very easily though, so it's your life saver in more than one situation.

High Warlord Naj'entus
    Easy. Very low dps requirement (about 17k while not cc'd I think)

Supremus
    Easy, move out of the bad stuff.
    Watch for the flying trash before boss, if it doesn't land you can run back out to reset it. Just run past trash up to boss. (you can probably take the boss with a few trash firing at you)

Shade of Akama
    Easy, kill adds, kill boss.

Teron Gorefiend
    Easy, his interesting mechanic doesn't happen when solo.

Gurtogg Bloodboil
    Hard. this guy puts a stacking debuff that us warriors can't get rid of (paladins can bubble out of it, boo to them.), if you don't kill him fast enough it will tick for more than enough to kill you even through your second wind. I did about 60k dps or so during this fight (using a flask and a potion alongside careful use of cooldowns at the start) and it got pretty close near the end!

Reliquary of Souls
    Medium. This isn't actually much harder than the rest but you need to think a bit(!). Phase1 - easy, then after you kill the little adds P2 starts. P2 is harder, any damage you do will be reflected back and you can quite easily kill yourself. Don't use dps cooldowns, perhaps even go to def stance after building up a full rage bar on little adds, using your -dmg% cooldowns will help. Basically you want your second wind to tick your hp back up to 35% before you do more than white damage, do a little, let it tick back up. Rinse and repeat. Although not strictly necessary as his damage is low you can interrupt Spirit Shock to make things easier, it's on a 15sec cooldown now so just get ready to interrupt as soon as your pummel CD wears off. P3 - easy.

Mother Shahraz
    Easy

The Illidari Council
    Medium, my health got pretty low... Move out of stuff, interrupt heals (Circle of Healing from Lady Malande) and go and hit someone else when she has her Reflective Shield up. Their health pools are linked so you only need to be hitting one of them.

After killing these guys talk to Akama who will open the door to Illidan's penthouse suite.

Illidan
    Easy. I actually wiped first time on this because the glave elemental things put out some very high damage firey stuff on the ground. Then I read that you can bypass it by standing on the grate in-between the two mobs. Was very easy on doing this.

And by reading this, you were prepared!

I will now be doing this every week until I can get my grubby hands on Illidan's sexy shield and maybe a glaive or two, none of which dropped, boo...

but at least I am now decked out in some lovely T6 transmog
    Last edited by Shwoom; 2012-12-04 at 11:46 AM.

Deleted
    Thank you for this useful guide. I haven't had the time to try to solo Black Temple yet, but I would definitely give it a try.

Spot on. Soloed BT for the first time over the weekend, and had a lot of fun doing it. Grabbed some buff food, cataclysm-level flask and golemblood potions, healing pots and bandages, and even got a healthstone from a warlock. Had no issue with anything until RoS. The interrupts were no problem, but I didn't realize or had forgotten the aura abilities the boss had, and I quickly killed myself. Read up on it, realized what I had done, and went back to do it again. Pretty much used white hits in p2, paying attention to spirit shock interrupts and letting second wind ticks keep me alive. Closest call after that was Gurtogg. Pretty much burst dps to kill him before the stacking debuff killed me. The rest was really easy. Even got a glaive finally, lol. Damn. Now I'm committed to running it every week to finish that.

Deleted
    I died at the council today. Any other tips? I tried the kite strategy but i die at 15-20%.
    Don't have 470iLvl =/ might be the problem i think

Deleted
    Not to be a dick but any level 90 warrior (even questing gear) can faceroll their way through black temple with second wind and they won't die.

Deleted
    Just remember to use def stance if you are getting rolled on.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flawless101 View Post
    lol, might be the reason i felt so squishy. My warrior is a mere alt, just tried BT for the lolz.

Quote Originally Posted by AnarchyEU View Post
    Not to be a dick but any level 90 warrior (even questing gear) can faceroll their way through black temple with second wind and they won't die.
    Not on Gurtogg unfortunately. My ilvl is beyond terrible and it was very easy up until him. Don't have the dps to get him down.

Quote Originally Posted by AnarchyEU View Post
    Very much possible to die... I died on Bloodboil, RoS and Illidan. Also came very close on the council too. Also, I'd love to see you do bloodboil in ~440 gear. Probably need around a sustained 50k dps for 30/40 secs or so. Not easy without the gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Alceus View Post
    I died at the council today. Any other tips? I tried the kite strategy but i die at 15-20%.
    Don't have 470iLvl =/ might be the problem i think
    Council isn't a dps fight, it's a not dying fight. If you have the dps to kill Bloodboil you're fine here. This guy spits out some nasty aoe, try to avoid it. Definitely keep interrupting the heals from Malande. Keep trying, you'll get it!

---------- Post added 2012-12-04 at 11:47 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Shwoom View Post
    Council isn't a dps fight, it's a not dying fight. If you have the dps to kill Bloodboil you're fine here. This guy spits out some nasty aoe, try to avoid it. Definitely keep interrupting the heals from Malande. Keep trying, you'll get it!
    Also, you might have been hitting Malande when her reflective shield was up, so you could have been killing yourself.
    Wildhammer EU
    Horde: New Shadow/Disc Priest

Ajzol-Nerub EU
    Alliance: 100 Fury/Prot Warrior | 95 Shadow/Disc Priest

Deleted
    Killed all the bosses in the first try as prot ilvl ~460. with second wind you will never die.

10+ Year Old Account
    Soloed on the first try as Arms with 470 ilvl (full pvp gear) thanks to these tips.

Just zerged down bloodboil before the stacking dot could kill me and the council bosses were somewhat difficult. Almost died because i didnt realize i was hitting the boss with all my cooldowns (avatar/skull banner/reck/blood fury racial) while the shield was up, but got the job done using defensive cooldowns and interrupts.

On Illidan I popped all my burst cooldowns and he just flew away lol
    Anyways the fight is easy enough though.
    Last edited by Grakao; 2012-12-06 at 01:59 PM.

Just registered to post a thank you for this. I truthfully hadn't really tried to solo BT but your thread made me want to go out and try it, maybe that damn bulwark will finally drop. On a similar note, I did try to solo Ulduar after patch 5.1 and found Flame Leviathan quite difficult. In all the videos I saw, it shows how to position the vehicles in opposite corners and switch when your first one gets destroyed, but my problem was that when I would go to switch to the opposite vehicle, they had all despawned. This was 25 mind you, no towers. Anyone have any tips?

here's my armory if it helps (can't post links yet but it is us.battle.net/wow/en/character/proudmoore/%C3%81ntero/simple)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flawless101 View Post
    This is definitely a good idea while facing Gurtogg, especially. However, if this causes your dps to be lackluster, you will die - defensive stance didn't save me from this boss. But I was running the raid in my tanking gear given that I main as a tank. I'm sure with my improved fury gear since my last run (and glyph that improves healing received by bloodlust) this boss won't be much of a problem. I certainly felt like a dumbass being pwned by a BC boss at level 90... Haha.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shwoom View Post

High Warlord Naj'entus
    Easy. Very low dps requirement (about 17k while not cc'd I think)
    Pretty sure this boss requires at least 39k dps so you can kill him in time before he launches his shell/spear thingy and resets the fight. The only reason I know that is because I remember doing it as an arms warr at level 85, took me numerous attempts before I managed to down him with just over 40k dps. Not that a level 90 should have any problem whatsoever doing 39k.
    My Armoury 7/7 HC Firelands

Currently specc'd "Non-Discipline" FUCK RAID MITIGATION CD'S WE ARE HEALERS

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sykezs View Post
    Pretty sure this boss requires at least 39k dps so you can kill him in time before he launches his shell/spear thingy and resets the fight. The only reason I know that is because I remember doing it as an arms warr at level 85, took me numerous attempts before I managed to down him with just over 40k dps. Not that a level 90 should have any problem whatsoever doing 39k.
    They nerfed this back then when they adjusted most of the "impossible" bosses from past raids to be soloable. Something about the shield having very short duration and not resetting the fight.

Deleted
    Nice compendium. Just a little note about Gurtogg, if you find him hard in Fury/Arms spec, go Protection in full dps spec. Shield barrier is your best friend, the encounter is by far easier like that.

Deleted
    Does Glyphed SS as Prot negate the Reflective Shield?