Amber Shaper Un'sok 10man (N) - What is the enrage timer?

Does anyone know what is the enrage (if any at all) on the Amber Shaper boss? Here is an attempt that took exactly 9 minutes and it felt like we all "exploded" on some sort of enrage mechanism, not sure...

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/l...?s=8658&e=9198

We're dragging phase 1 a lot to get ember pools but I want to make sure we don't hit the enrage in case there's one...

Thanks!

There is no need to drag out phase 1 at all, you will get pools when you kill the big monstorosity. The soft enrage is that pools end, but if everyone knows how to control the amber-shaped-thing, you should be fine and not run out of pools, and then kill him long before the hard enrage.

Not sure why you are dragging out p1 for so long. Usually more than enough pools for p3 when we only get 2 scalpels on the first phase.
    All of my guild's kills have been less than 7 minutes

If you have a lot of cleave DPS, dragging out p1 and maintaining stacks on the boss can mean an extremely short p2. It's actually a pretty good idea since p1 is a lot less complicated than p2.

We haven't tried it yet, though.

Quote Originally Posted by PHsname View Post
    If you have a lot of cleave DPS, dragging out p1 and maintaining stacks on the boss can mean an extremely short p2. It's actually a pretty good idea since p1 is a lot less complicated than p2.

We haven't tried it yet, though.
    p2 the boss gains a buff that reduces damage taken by 99%

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes but some strategies involve maintaining stacks on the boss throughout all of P2.

That way when you hit P3 he dies in less than 30 seconds.

There is no enrage timer. Rather, there is a soft enrage, eventually there won't be enough pools for everyone to drink from and when you have many contructs, eventually shit is going to hit the fan in p3 if you don't kill it fast enough...in fact even if there were infinite pools, I'm sure there is a person or two in every raid that is not capable of taking control of the vehicle succesfully for very long. I didn't look at the log but what most likely happened was someone either ran out of willpower or didn't interupt themselves in p3 (or multiple people did) which could easily wipe the raid because it creates a chain reaction of death. P2 is definitely the hardest part of the fight, IMO, and especially as there is no need for a million pools for p3, it doesn't make sense to drag out p1.

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Yes but some strategies involve maintaining stacks on the boss throughout all of P2.

That way when you hit P3 he dies in less than 30 seconds.
    yeah but that either keeps p2 time the same or slightly longer.

guilds used to draw out p1 because there was a bug with combustion where you could almost instantly kill the construct when it came out