10m (N) Elegon DPS help

We're a casual 25 man raiding guild. We did the first four bosses in MV on 25 man, then ten people made Elegon attempts on another night. From what I heard, the closest they got was 5%.

Unfortunately, I wasn't this raid, so I don't know the exact strategy that was used. Also, these logs were started late, and don't contain the 5% attempt.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=3756&e=4308

I know some of our DPS is iffy (and I will work on that on an individual basis), but any constructive advice would be appreciated, thank you.

Hmm, took a quick look at the logs. For starters it looks like half of your raid really really sucks at switching to the energy sparks, while the top 3 dpsers seem to be doing like 85% of the damage to them, which is not good. There are a couple different ways to approach this but what my guild has always done is assign each of the six dpsers each to one spark, burn the puppy down as soon as it spawns and keep half an eye on your neighbor. Less wasted dps this way. If someone is struggling the OT should be helping them out. Same thing for the pylon things in p2, I would recommend spreading the dps out, each attacking their own that corresponds with the spark, and killing them roughly at the same time. Really keeps the add count down. People should avoid taking dumb unnecessary damage like standing in blue circles of death or getting smacked by the adds.

Your dps is enough to get by as long as you can get those stacks up for the final burn. Eight is recommended (10 stacks), but six (eight stacks) is easily doable...my guild has done six since our first kill and we kill him over 2 minutes before enrage. Everyone seems to think this fight is a dps check, it is sort of, but now that raiders are mostly out of 463 heroic blues and you do have some competent raiders, control is far more important here...if you guys clean up the fight a little bit, and everyone understands wtf is going on, you're going to be just fine.
    Last edited by PBitt; 2012-12-04 at 04:50 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    Everyone seems to think this fight is a dps check, it is sort of, but now that raiders are mostly out of 463 heroic blues and you do have some competent raiders, control is far more important here...if you guys clean up the fight a little bit, and everyone understands wtf is going on, you're going to be just fine.
    This here is so important. Unless your raiders are really terrible at their rotation, or still mostly in blues, then enrage should hardly ever be an issue. What you need is quick/correct target swapping, a good way to deal with the ghosts at end of phases 3, a good way to stabilize raid before final burn, make good judgement to stay on boss for extra couple seconds to avoid another protector, save cooldowns for sparks if needed, etc. I've always felt this fight was more about correct execution than just pure numbers.

Keyboard Turner
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpette View Post
    What you need is quick/correct target swapping, a good way to deal with the ghosts at end of phases 3, a good way to stabilize raid before final burn, make good judgement to stay on boss for extra couple seconds to avoid another protector, save cooldowns for sparks if needed, etc. I've always felt this fight was more about correct execution than just pure numbers.
    This sums it up imo.

Ghosts are nicely dealt with if you group to AOE, let the boss pull you in, then run to far side to regroup for the second round of phases. The adds drift towards mid to follow you, continue ot get hit by DOTs in the mean time and then get picked up by tanks and killed with splash damage in mid. Minimises damage to cloth tanks and helps healers.

10+ Year Old Account
    My guild had trouble back in the days as well on elegon we asked here on mmo-champ and this is what we got out of it.

P1
    Everyone prepot.
    Main Tank pulls boss
    Add spawn Main Tank takes it and Off-Tank Takes boss
    3 Ranged dps on Adds Everyone else on Boss.
    Aim to get only 2 adds During this phase but 3 should also be fine.

P2
    1 Tank 1 Healer 3 dps on left side with Tank helping out where it is needed. Healer watch out for Melee dps they drop fast.
    Same on Right side.
    Kill 4 Balls. After killing each ball nuke boss. When 5th ball appear nuke boss.

P3
    Each dps takes the piller he is assigned to Tank healer in middle to pick up adds/heal everyone to full
    Run to middle Stack up cc and aoe down
    Floor appear again Main Tank, tank boss melee runs to boss and ranged dps, dps adds to 0HP

P1.1
    Same tactic as P1 aim to get boss to 50% health in 5-6 add kills at the most

P2.1
    Same tactic in P2

P3.1
    Same Tactic as P3, Try to get everyone to full hp by the time P4 starts. No major CD.

P4
    When adds is dead Pop Hero. Use your pots again. And if any DK's use Army here.
    Rotate Major Defensive CD in pairs of 2 Call out when CD is over so next two can start
    Aim to get boss down before Hero runs out. If not Pop all your personal defensive CD and hope for the best.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup