Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Blizzard's stupid decisions in 5.1

So many already know that there are servers where is like 90% horde and 10 % ally and vice versa. My server is one of those servers. Fortunately I play on the better side, but it's just so stupid when they release this all domination point daily stuff in krasarang and alliance dont even have a fair chance to experience this new content. It's just so stupid. Releasing pvp content without applying cross-realm zoning to servers that have faction imbalances. I mean they even said in blue posts that they can create multiple cross-realm phasings when there is more than 50 people in the zone. Do they do this on purpose so people would pay and transfer to more balanced servers? Obviously some people will say that "well then transfer away" but it's just so stupid that they have the technology, but just make it hard on purpose for people playing on unbalanced servers.
    Last edited by mmoce07c9678d5; 2012-12-04 at 08:10 PM.

Well perhaps its time to find a new server or do dailies with groups of four friends, if u are on a pvp server that is

People complain when there's no world PvP. People complain when there's world PvP.

Hmm, I also play on one of those realms. The ratio on my server is 1:0.08 (H:A) and I had a hard time the first day, yes. But I'm not one of those QQers who screams for a crossrealmzone invite from my friendslist.
    Right now, questing there is a breeze, even with ten horde players around me. And even I might get ganked (just like today, while trying to snag a brawlers guild invite from a rare), I just sigh.. and run to my corpse.

My character is born on a Horde realm and will die there, no matter how many alliance players will faction change and/or transfer off.
    ››yeah, here used to be a signature once. I've must lost it somewhere in the twisting nether... still waiting for the mail from the postmaster.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    People complain when there's no world PvP. People complain when there's world PvP.
    I dont know if you wrote that on purpose or are just plain stupid, but writing responses like this doesnt really contribute to the topic. Also dont compare krasarang 5.1 patch pvp to 90s ganking lowbies in old world. Krasarang pvp is 90s vs 90s.

Infracted
    Last edited by mmoce07c9678d5; 2012-12-04 at 08:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandareeni View Post
    I dont know if you wrote that on purpose or are just plain stupid, but writing responses like this doesnt really contribute to the topic.
    I don't know if you joined a pvp server on purpose or are just plain stupid. Simple answer, don't play on pvp servers if you don't like pvp. Blizzard didn't decide you should play on a pvp server, you did. Calling blizzard stupid because you made the decision to play on a pvp server is just plain silly.

Keep it civil
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-12-04 at 08:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    I don't know if you joined a pvp server on purpose or are just plain stupid. Simple answer, don't play on pvp servers if you don't like pvp. Blizzard didn't decide you should play on a pvp server, you did. Calling blizzard stupid because you made the decision to play on a pvp server is just plain silly.
    Sorry, but im not the one with a big problem. My problem is more like there isnt enough alliance players to kill. The main point of this thread was that when blizzard have the technology, why the hell dont implement it then?

Almost as if there's more than one opinion in the world.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

10+ Year Old Account
    Keep it civil, please

For me this whole Krasarang Wilds quest hub thing is brilliant, but very badly done. I mean, the PvE aspect is great (as much as dailies can be), and this bonus quest where there needs to be one nice guy to have it popped - great, server is interacting. PvP - great again, capturable places all over the place, and even this nice feeling of "capturing the fortress" when players form groups and just go apeshit in the enemy territory. But mixed...

When you wanna just do quests, you get ganked. When you wanna PvP, you find out you're the only one, since others are just doing quests and moving on. Makes no sense.

Why wasnt it divided? Quest hubs remained the way they are, without any capturable points in them and guards not letting enemy players really interfere in PvE quests. And in terms of PvP - an exterior, instanced zone in the place of the Crane Temple, where both factions fight to control it constantly, with pvp quests and objectives, ranks and other juicy things we love.

Mixing 2 things together is good, as long as you can be sure those things do not collide.

Did you even bother to read the OP? He was complaining about faction imbalances ruining the new pvp content when blizz has the tech to use CRZ to fix it and yet hasn't done so, he even mentions hes on the good side of the 90/10 balance so it doesn't affect him. No one complained about being on a pvp server, or about moving to a pvp server and not liking it or that they didn't like pvp.

Deleted
    Simple answer, don't play on pvp servers if you don't like pvp.
    If people would even read the op before posting. Im just defending the other faction to have a fair chance to experience patch 5.1 without having to pay to transfer.
    Last edited by mmoce07c9678d5; 2012-12-04 at 08:29 PM.

Deleted
    Simple answer, don't play on pvp servers if you don't like pvp.
    Depends on the PvP server, don't you think?

It's a big difference between outnumbering the opposing faction 10:1, or being outnumbered by the same amount.

People who signed up on a balanced server have every right to complain to Blizzard if their server becomes unbalanced.

Don't tell me I can't attack low levels...It's what I do when my own leveled people take me out back....o wait, this isn't what this thread is about?

You're on a pvp server - deal with it. Whether you are the one being ganked or ganking others - you have the choice not to be there.
    Additionally, CRZ is a bad implementation and the last thing we need in Pandaria. Its already ruined the lower level content and has the potential to disrupt current content if Blizzard decides to use it for 5.1

10+ Year Old Account
    The OP says he plays on the better side, he is posting for the other team who get destroyed if they go there. Actually read what a poster says.

I agree with him, it is stupid, fortunately for me, I play Horde and my server favours Horde, meaning we pretty much dominate it, it must suck to be Alliance on some servers, and ofc Horde on others.

X-Realm aint the answer though, that would just make it impossible for both sides to do the quests.
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2012-12-04 at 08:44 PM.

OK first of all, you don't know what the hell you are talking about.

I play on a server with a 5:1 Horde imbalance. Despite this, I have absolutely no problem doing the dailies. None. First of all, the zone buffs aren't part of the objective. Things would be hell if we were expected to retake points or hold points the way PvP was back in BC. These are just buffs and really the only one that even matters is the tower 25% damage bonus for faster quest kills.

Second, 99% of the people even on ridiculously imbalanced servers just want to do the fucking dailies. I can run through a crowd of five Horde and as long as I'm not tapping their mobs or trying to cause trouble, I am generally left alone cause they already have their attention full on the mobs.

Third, the quests mobs are everywhere. It's not at all hard to find a spot to do them. All the NPCs everywhere add so much screen clutter it's very hard for people to even pick you out, unlike seeing you alone running through the desert on a quest somewhere ripe for ganking. I'd say the worse is maybe the mine because of all the chokepoints and the lack of flight but even if you have to skip dailies every now and then you still have more than enough quests 4 out of 5 days to finish.

So really, I can't fathom what the hell the OP is whining about. These quests are not that hard to do and not that hard to avoid Horde while doing. I enjoy them a lot. I just wish there was a way to purchase a portal or tabard to Lion's Landing cause it's pretty much the opposite side of the map from where I camp rares.

10+ Year Old Account
    PvPers complain when there isn't any World PvP
    PvErs complain when there is World PvP.

I think that's what you meant to say.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Adrim View Post
    OK first of all, you don't know what the hell you are talking about.

I play on a server with a 5:1 Horde imbalance. Despite this, I have absolutely no problem doing the dailies. None. First of all, the zone buffs aren't part of the objective. Things would be hell if we were expected to retake points or hold points the way PvP was back in BC. These are just buffs and really the only one that even matters is the tower 25% damage bonus for faster quest kills.

Second, 99% of the people even on ridiculously imbalanced servers just want to do the fucking dailies. I can run through a crowd of five Horde and as long as I'm not tapping their mobs or trying to cause trouble, I am generally left alone cause they already have their attention full on the mobs.

Third, the quests mobs are everywhere. It's not at all hard to find a spot to do them. All the NPCs everywhere add so much screen clutter it's very hard for people to even pick you out, unlike seeing you alone running through the desert on a quest somewhere ripe for ganking. I'd say the worse is maybe the mine because of all the chokepoints and the lack of flight but even if you have to skip dailies every now and then you still have more than enough quests 4 out of 5 days to finish.

So really, I can't fathom what the hell the OP is whining about. These quests are not that hard to do and not that hard to avoid Horde while doing. I enjoy them a lot. I just wish there was a way to purchase a portal or tabard to Lion's Landing cause it's pretty much the opposite side of the map from where I camp rares.
    I'm going to say that you are on an odd server....every server I play on, If you walk into a group of 5 horde, there is a very high chance that at least 1 will attack you. And as soon as that happens, most of them pounce.

I get your point. Why does blizzard waste time doing this stuff when a good chunk of the player base can't experience it fully because they don't have systems in place to prevent one side from just owning 24/7 due to population imbalance? They introduced raid finder so that all PvE players could experience the content. Why do they not have something similar for world pvp and CRZ? It's pretty hypocritical of Blizzard and unfair for PvP players in general I think. You can't call it PvP(or fun) when it's 10 Vs 1. It would be like blizzard only giving you 10 guys in raid finder but leaving it 25 man style and telling you to do it anyway, it would just be painful the whole time and near impossible to experience properly. Or they give you 100 and leave it 25 man style so it literally is a mindless zergfest.

Neither side on these servers are having fun and are actually engaging in real 'PvP' like they are supposed to. You have players looking for some actual competition and our bored out of their mind like OP roaming around trying to attract attention, then you have players on the other side getting crushed who want to world pvp but can't because they simply have no help available.

Like for these realms what is this point of this "PvP" content? It becomes one-sided PvE pretty much. There is none, it was pretty much a waste of time for them to make it for these realms. There is no point in making a world pvp area when people can't properly pvp in it. Blizz should fix this.
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2012-12-04 at 08:56 PM.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune