Page 56 of 62 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Is there a good Wells build that doesn't use staff? Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but staff dps seems terrible.

I love daggers, but the only dagger build I can find relies heavily on minions. There don't seem to be any dagger/Wells builds, at least not that I've found.
    You don't want to use staff as your main weapon, but it's a great filler. Combo fields are amazing with the staff. The staff offers great utility, it's really a must-have for me. Dagger/Wells builds are out there, but they aren't that great. There are better builds, honestly. My main problem with the dagger is the fact you're in melee range, and it makes you incredibly vulnerable. For PvP that's not a huge issue, as you're probably in melee range most of the time anyway, but in PvE, it can be awful unless you're really good at dodging.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    It's cripple move also gives you retaliation... well then whats the point of cripple? The retaliation is going to be wasted from kiting.
    Because not everything you want to cripple is limited to 150 range or that cripple is not just there to kite, for example you can use it to stop an opponent in WvW from fleeing or to keep a ranged class (a 1200 ranged class) in your 600 axe range, or you are fighting multiple mobs and realiation is always good for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't Scepter/Focus with condition/power a good build as well? Especially for PVE.

PS. Reviving thread

Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    Isn't Scepter/Focus with condition/power a good build as well? Especially for PVE.

PS. Reviving thread
    If you are main scepter, condition/crit over conditon/power. You have a 66% chance per crit to stack another bleed. Focus isn't enough of a use to stack power for scepter since you really want the conditions it gives rather then it's damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post

PS. Reviving thread
    Nah, you want scepter/dagger and staff. Dagger offers much more to a condition build.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantViolet View Post
    Nah, you want scepter/dagger and staff. Dagger offers much more to a condition build.
    Yeah changed it today. I can't believe just how many specs that are in this game for necro. I can do a scepter/focus build for pvp and it will also be effective.

Last edited by Cempa; 2012-11-12 at 07:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does anyone know which is the most optimum dps spec for necromancers in dungeons? Is it the scepter/dagger with condition/precision build?

I'm not sure yet, the damage is ok but you don't really add much to the group.

I am definately hoping alot will change for necro builds in the upcoming patch, so I would wait for that until you gear up.
    Draenor EU: Archavious - Level 120 Warlock ; Loaen - Level 120 Demon Hunter ; Arathia - Level 120 Paladin ; Mitosis - Level 110 Priest ; Toreck - Level 110 Hunter ; Aeralinde - Level 110 Mage ; Crikey - Level 110 Warrior

Might stacking Scepter/Dagger

Deleted
    I'm using all Power / Precision / Crit gear, double daggers and a staff. So far it's working out for me in both PvE and PvP / WvW.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is necro hard too use I've heard people say that and Mesmer are difficult for beginners I get the game at Christmas and wanted to make an Asura Necro with daggers, would that be good since I've never played or should I go with an easier class?

Should I stop holding my breath waiting for minion fixes? I bought GW2 to play a necro because I saw they could have a bunch of pets at once. Loved pet classes in every MMO I have played. What I got instead was a garbage class with pets dumber than a box of rocks, that hit like wet noodles, and had the toughness of a wet paper bag. I mean its been over 3 months and they havent even fixed a single bug related to minions. Im just gonna keep this to necros only since thats the thread title but from reading Gw2guru and official forums it seems the only happy class that doesnt have tons of bugs are warriors. Is A-Net just another BioWare whos too slow to roll out class fixes? Well at least losing subs doesnt matter when you are F2Play.

I don't think Anet see much wrong with minions.

That is indeed my main beef with this game at the moment, the sheer amount of bugs still present.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleMistDriver View Post
    Is necro hard too use I've heard people say that and Mesmer are difficult for beginners I get the game at Christmas and wanted to make an Asura Necro with daggers, would that be good since I've never played or should I go with an easier class?
    Necro isn't too hard and pretty fun to play imo but since the class is relatively weak atm (not saying necros are useless, they aren't) you'll have it a little harder to compete with others in dungeons/pvp, which only really could be a "problem" in high lvl Fractals and tPvP (so it basically is none). I'd recommend it if you're interested in playing one

10+ Year Old Account
    JonPeters
    Game Designer

3 notes

1) it seems to be failing because of a rounding error which we are working on fixing right now.
    2) we are buffing it next patch on top of fixing it.
    3) carry on.

At least that's a positive for Necros.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlad Morbius View Post
    JonPeters
    Game Designer

3 notes

1) it seems to be failing because of a rounding error which we are working on fixing right now.
    2) we are buffing it next patch on top of fixing it.
    3) carry on.

At least that's a positive for Necros.
    link to Jon Peters post/thread?
    "Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!"

For a $5/5000 in-game credit bonus for backing
    Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG
    Star Citizen Video Playlist

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Odeezee View Post
    link to Jon Peters post/thread?
    https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...ld-it-be-fixed