Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Antipathy View Post
    Where are all those people who came into this sub forum previously clamoring that Rift would never be able to match the pace of content delivery it did in Classic Rift with the new expansion? (because, you know, the 11 patches developed over the last 18 months were stuff that was created when the game was being established and then rolled out to make it look like we get quick content!)

If its going to patch in the Yule event, we should be expecting 2.1 content in 2-3 weeks.
    Oho, christmas tree for my dimension?

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    While this may or may not be true because your class of choice was broken as shit for 6+ months it does not justify a across the board 20% nerf to an entire class completely killing every hybrid and benching every single warrior in the game who wants to raid.

Like I said before. Rerolled and not looking back, so I wash my hands of it. If you wonder where the bad PR for the game comes from then here you go.
    Benching warriors? Must be bad guild/raid leaders making big mistakes. <Terrible Idea> (world #3) has multiple warriors in their raid group... sitting on Crucia. So no, I doubt warriors have been nerfed that badly, and even so, if TI can get this far using warriors, then all those benching warriors are just bad guilds, sorry to say.

---------- Post added 2012-11-29 at 09:15 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by mavfin View Post
    You guys look like the WoW forum QQ about class changes more every day.

(My class got nerfed! But you were OP for six months! But! But!)

Please don't do that here. Take it to official forums if you want Trion to read it, please.

Funny how the biggest champion of Rift on this forum, all of a sudden is all pissed off when his favorite class gets changed a bit.

I thought you guys prided yourself on being better than the WoW players' level of QQ, but you're doing it now for sure.

The expansion is barely *two weeks old* and you guys are already writing it off?
    Biggest champion of Rift on this forum? The people that are coming to mind are all folks like me who aren't complaining, and in terms of Fencers, Fencers is not and has not written the expansion off, it should be fairly apparent.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    My precious Thread turned into a whine fest

Every calling will claim that the other callings are OP and only their class/soul is broken, has been this way in every MMO, will always be this way in every MMO, guess a lot of these people don't roll alts or something

Rift forum atm is full of Armchair Devs claiming they know better than any Trion Dev, my suggestion to these experts ? send in your CV/Resume to Trion and show the rest of the World how awesome sauce your design of a calling/soul will be

Edit: look what got posted on the Rift Forum:

Some upcoming Buffs and Fixes for 2.1

We have been working on a couple things over the last few days and wanted to let you all know some changes coming to the Warriors in 2.1, which is just around the corner.

There have been several bug fixes, these are just some of the ones I have seen talked about here.

Electricity Blast - Only able to be used by one member of a raid. This will be fixed in 2.1
    Hardened Defenses - Giving too low of a bonus. This will be fixed in 2.1
    Accord of Power - Duration is not increased with Energy Retention. This will be fixed in 2.1
    Empowerment - Not giving the enhanced Endurance buff. This will be fixed in 2.1
    Unstable Reaction - Not generating Aggro properly. This will be fixed in 2.1.

We will also be adding in a few buffs.

Void Knight - Will be getting another 5% bonus to Endurance.
    Tank Mitigation - Warrior tank mitigation currently seems to be about 10% behind the Cleric and the Rogue. We have been looking into this and will have it fixed for 2.1.
    Paragon Damage - This is currently behind by a significant amount, it will be buffed for 2.1.

We are also looking into other issues and these will not be the only changes. I just wanted to give you all a preview of some of what to expect.
    Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...xes-2-1-a.html
    Last edited by Slipmat; 2012-11-29 at 10:43 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    Boy can I call it or can I call it

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...t-working.html
    http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...tch-notes.html

Super pissed warriors and ZERO response from Elrar, Daglar, or Atrius. Never seen Trion drop the ball like this before.
    Honestly, I'd ban every person in those threads from the forums and dismiss them. Trion doesn't have any obligation to respond to that childish bullshit. People need to man up, put their emotions aside and post constructively instead of crying like 8 year olds otherwise the developers will stop interacting with the community soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    My precious Thread turned into a whine fest

Every calling will claim that the other callings are OP and only their class/soul is broken, has been this way in every MMO, will always be this way in every MMO, guess a lot of these people don't roll alts or something

Rift forum atm is full of Armchair Devs claiming they know better than any Trion Dev, my suggestion to these experts ? send in your CV/Resume to Trion and show the rest of the World how awesome sauce your design of a calling/soul will be
    Uhhmm. Except the Warrior dev has been proven factually wrong on a number of occasions by the community. And further solicits parsing and testing from players and guilds.

I'd say a good number of Warrior players have demonstrated a robust understanding of class mechanics above the class dev. For like, 9~ or so months now. Longer, I think. Like 1.4-ish?

10+ Year Old Account
    Fix #4 is going up:

RIFT 2.0 Hotfix #4 - 10:30am PST 12/4/12 [NA] - 2:00am GMT 5/12/12 [EU]

GENERAL
    * Thank you to our awesome players who have been sending their feedback and submitting issues! This patch has a pile of updates to quests, events, and crafting that you've been reporting.
    * Rested experience is now granted more consistently and should no longer be mysteriously absent for some characters.
    * Loot below the loot rarity threshhold of the group will now go back to round-robin looting unless the group is explicitly set to Free-for-All.
    * Merchants that sell recipes will now hide recipes that you have already learned. They will also hide recipes you can't use based on your existing crafting skills, as all recipes are Bind on Pickup.
    * Quests that complete automatically now wait to grant their experience and cash rewards until you click the Finish button in the quest popup, so it's more obvious when these are granted!
    * Fixed a bug that caused upgraded items to not be properly unequipped while upgrading it.

NEW USER EXPERIENCE UPDATES
    * Soul abilities that have ranks will now be automagically upgraded when you level up, removing the need to return to a trainer and purchase new ranks. Existing abilities will be raised to your level-appropriate rank on login, and when they are unlocked in the Soul Tree.
    * Soul Walking now displays the countdown time on the casting bar UI to make it more visible!
    * While Soul Walking you now also see an aggro radius indicator around aggressive NPCs.
    * The starting zones of Terminus and Mathosia have received some updates to make them a bit more streamlined and new-player friendly.
    * In particular, many NPCs are no longer aggressive or have smaller aggro radii.
    * Starting locations have been adjusted so you're not so far in the back of the initial buildings.
    * Tweaked the final Rift quests for better flow from killing the final boss to viewing the cinematic and being transported to Silverwood or Freemarch.

SOULS
    * Tactician: Curative Remote: Can no longer be blocked/deflected/dodged/parried/otherwise avoided by the people you actually want to heal.
    * Warden: Oversaturation: Working again!

ZONES
    * Hunt Rifts: Bonus treasure chests should no longer fail to appear sometimes at the end of Hunt Rifts.
    * Onslaughts on Brevane and Dusken now stop new Invasions from spawning when the Barrier Relay has been taken over by an Invasion Foothold.
    * Onslaughts can now be triggered by upgrading Dormant Barrier Relays.
    * Resurrection and Healer NPCs should be present at every resurrection pad in Mathosia.
    * The Water Saga quest, Blood in the Water, will now work for level 60s.
    * The Fire Saga quest, Third Degree Burns, now updates if you've mentored down to the target's level.
    * Chat warnings for all Storm Legion zone events should now appear in both Level 50-59 and Level 60 chats.
    * Reduced the aggro radius on lower-level mobs.

ARDENT DOMAIN
    * Zone Event: Feeding Frenzy: Made this event slightly easier to complete.
    * Zone Event: Lady in the Lake: The boss should no longer fail to appear for this event.

ASHORA
    * Biofoundry should be off-limits while Volan is not present. For real.
    * Increased the skill level required to harvest Rhenium in the Biofoundry.
    * The Silver Army: Grounding Rods will no longer despawn when the Grounding Rod Dispenser has hit the max amount.
    * Zone Event: Return of the Fallen: Zone invasions should be spawning normally now for this event.

CITY CORE
    * Zone Event: Entangled: The boss should no longer fail to appear for this event.

FREEMARCH
    * Trial of Strength: Once again completable.

KINGSWARD
    * No Way Out, Chaos Unleashed: Quest completion fixes so this chain should continue properly.
    * Tower of Dawn: Prince Casimar and General Batua can no longer be summoned with their comlinks outside of Tower of Dawn.

MORBAN
    * Target Acquired: Non-textured barricades replaced with textured ones!
    * Brains and All: Fixed an incorrect reward to be granted for this quest.
    * Zone Event: Terror Above: Raised the HP of the Firestorm General and the Meteoric Juggernauts. Firestorm General's abilities should be dealing proper damage.
    * Zone Event: Rotten March: Raised the HP of Thal'Dralak.
    * IA: Corpse Beetles: Adjusted some beetles that were under terrain.
    * IA: Brevane Militants: Fixed the quest locator not showing on the map while 1-4 players were on this IA.
    * Instantly Adventurous: Morban: Only Morban IAs will now count toward this quest.

SERATOS
    * Rallying to their Defense: Kain the Desolate will now make a brief appearance at the start of this adventure.
    * Purging an Ancient Evil: Fixed Glarul getting into a broken state if triggered and reset rapidly.
    * Instantly Adventurous: Seratos: Only Seratos IAs will now count toward this quest.
    * IA: Salvage Rights: Energy Cores should be respawning properly.
    * Zone Event: Strange Tidings: Invasion NPCs should properly spawn Death footholds during this event.
    * Necropolis Porticulum Master no longer claims to bind you to Citizen's Library rather than Necropolis.
    * Mired Convoy: Thinned out the population of this area slightly.

STEPPES OF INFINITY
    * Anti Alta: Alta Coralio should now scale properly with the number of players present.
    * Into Thick Air: Dying will no longer prevent interaction with Gaseous Husks. Progress on this quest will not be reset when logged out.
    * Under Fire: Tempests should now be able to complete the first objective of this quest.
    * Releasing Flames: More reliably completable, and made the Embodied Flame item more user-friendly.
    * Ice Heart: Quest NPCs will no longer be overridden by nearby rift and invasion mobs.
    * IA: Shocking Collection: A case where crystals could fail to respawn has been fixed.
    * Instantly Adventurous: Steppes of Infinity: Only Steppes IAs will now count toward this quest.
    * Zone Event: Fortress Defense: Increased the damage of General Blythe's abilities. Adjusted the event payout stages throughout the event.
    * Fixed where The Watcher would spawn instead of Ancient Sentry.

TEMPEST BAY
    * Quest completer for the Tempest Bay cloak quest changed to Dame Uragano. The Lost Cloak Merchant will appear nearby if you happen to have misplaced yours.
    * A Guild Charter Magistrate has been appointed in Tempest Bay - now found at the Academy in Plaza Aurentine.

DUNGEONS AND RAIDS

ARCHIVE OF FLESH
    * The Misshapen no longer drop loot.

FROZEN TEMPEST
    * Crucia:
    - Scattered Storms should now despawn properly on a reset.
    - Crucia will not cast Infinite Storm too quickly in the fight after a reset.
    - Disabled the spawn-in animations on minions while investigating how they can sometimes spawn invisible.
    - Improved the visual warning for Lightning Rod.
    - Crucia should no longer turn away from the tank to cast non-tank-targeting effects.
    - Artillery Drop is now instant-cast.
    * The cooldown on entering mech suits is now 1 second, down from 12.
    * Gelidra: Reduced Wrath of the Storm damage.

GOLEM FOUNDRY
    * Addressed issues that could prevent the granting of the 'Dread... naught' and Voluntary Manslaughter achievements.
    * Subversionary Liaz: Corrected the issue that could lead to Liaz not granting Achievement credit on standard difficulty.

TRIUMPH OF THE DRAGON QUEEN
    * Fixed a case where Skyscream in the Grand Falconer Zoles encounter could become non-responsive.
    * Grand Falconer Zoles: Adjusted ability timing in this encounter.
    * Jultharin's lightning walls should not be reappearing after he's killed.
    * Clarified Achievement text for Triumph of the Dragon Queen.

ITEMS
    * Several Raid-tier crafted items were incorrectly flagged as Bind in Pickup, and should now be Bind on Equip.
    * Fixed Lanzan Capes from eating dyes - Lanzan Capes are no longer tintable (shouldn't be eating dye in the first place!).
    * Pachis' Guided Marker visual effect has been fixed.
    * Karthan Protector's Shoulderpads now have Deflect in place of Dodge.
    * Several quest rewards in Cape Jule and Pelladane that did not have a level requirement now require level 50.

CRAFTING
    * All Augment recipes now require slightly fewer Salvaged materials. These have been replaced with Empyrean Planar Dust instead.
    * Fixed several land-bound Fishing nodes in Storm Legion waters.
    * Empyrean Polishing Agent should now show up on the Artificer trainer.
    * Armorsmith: Gantimite Buckler recipe will actually produce a Gantimite Buckler, rather than a Gantimite Ward.
    * Apothecary: Removed the grey item showing up in the recipe for the Weekly quest. Replaced it with Crystal Flasks.
    * Butchering: Dusken Gravemakers are now skinnable.
    * Fishing: Bulkhead Shrimp now available to be fished in Steppes of Infinity.
    * Fishing: Fixed a quest location marker in the Twisted Lure fishing quests.
    * Runecrafting: Slightly reduced the costs involved in Runecrafter 375-skill weekly quests.

CLIENT
    * Logging in to Tumblr from the patcher will now work again.
    "A flower.

The Crucia fix is really going to be very contentious and the cause of over the top drama, which would not be unfounded.

They really dropped the ball with this one, and I mean really.
    {I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. }

10+ Year Old Account
    The Crucia fix is really going to be very contentious and the cause of over the top drama, which would not be unfounded.

They really dropped the ball with this one, and I mean really.
    Oh? Do explain, I'm no raider and only hit 60 the other day. haha
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    First top guild to get the patch and raid will kill it is what I read between the lines.

"Crucia should no longer turn away from the tank to cast non-tank-targeting effects."

There are quite a few guilds who would already have a kill if it weren't for one specific bug. Since this hotfix goes Live in NA rather than EU it pretty much guarantees no EU guild can get a World First

The world first race to crucia has bee ongoing for a few weeks now; she has an ability (primarily aimed at the tank) which does insane damage. Across several encounters, this ability would literally fry the raid and is almost impossible to heal through. aside from this bug, most of the raiding guilds seem to have her mechanics down to a science pretty much.

Now, the hotfix has been implemented on the US shards only, and the EU region will not get this update until 2 am tonight. It basically gives the US based guilds a free shot at the world first kill - with many hours as a head start over their Euro counterparts.

I'm no longer a hardcore raider but it just reeks of a slap in the face and that part of me is pretty dumbfounded that they would hand such an advantage to one region over the other.
    {I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. }

What are the dates for Fae Yule?

Benching warriors? Must be bad guild/raid leaders making big mistakes. <Terrible Idea> (world #3) has multiple warriors in their raid group... sitting on Crucia. So no, I doubt warriors have been nerfed that badly, and even so, if TI can get this far using warriors, then all those benching warriors are just bad guilds, sorry to say.
    virus is running 4-5 warriors. at optimal play, most of the dps are very close (within1000 dps of from highest to lowest) except mages, who are pulling 12-13k alone with an additional 7k from their broken ass pets.

dont want to be "that guy" but either mages need a nerf or clerics/warriors/rogues need a massive buff

15+ Year Old Account
    The world first race to crucia has bee ongoing for a few weeks now; she has an ability (primarily aimed at the tank) which does insane damage. Across several encounters, this ability would literally fry the raid and is almost impossible to heal through. aside from this bug, most of the raiding guilds seem to have her mechanics down to a science pretty much.

Now, the hotfix has been implemented on the US shards only, and the EU region will not get this update until 2 am tonight. It basically gives the US based guilds a free shot at the world first kill - with many hours as a head start over their Euro counterparts.

I'm no longer a hardcore raider but it just reeks of a slap in the face and that part of me is pretty dumbfounded that they would hand such an advantage to one region over the other.
    Rather than cry about it though people can do some simple math and see how long it takes to kill Crucia post patch. If the US kills Crucia in 9 hours and Euro in 5, Euro wins. That's how all races in Wow worked.

Woah, wait, so you now get higher ranks of abilities automatically? Does it still cost plat though? If not, I'm gonna be sadpanda.

Not sure how I feel about the change in general, I didn't have a problem with going back to the trainers every level. Sure it's a bit of an inconvenience, but it's something that I always felt was important.

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    Rather than cry about it though people can do some simple math and see how long it takes to kill Crucia post patch. If the US kills Crucia in 9 hours and Euro in 5, Euro wins. That's how all races in Wow worked.
    I've replied to this in another post. 10:30 am hotfix is rolled out in US, vs 3 am hotfix roll out in EU- say both regions can assemble raiders at 3 pm at the earliest after the hotfix is rolled out; do the math?

This is without even taking into consideration the reset factor (i.e, US can kill her once, get reset, kill her again, while EU can't)

---------- Post added 2012-12-04 at 09:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Woah, wait, so you now get higher ranks of abilities automatically? Does it still cost plat though? If not, I'm gonna be sadpanda.

Not sure how I feel about the change in general, I didn't have a problem with going back to the trainers every level. Sure it's a bit of an inconvenience, but it's something that I always felt was important.
    No plat cost anymore, its free. there's a 9 page thread on the forums entitled "where's my money"; it makes for an interesting and funny read

10+ Year Old Account

Yeah, this takes me back to some patch that I think was either in WotLK or Cata, wasn't it?
    "A flower.

No plat cost anymore, its free. there's a 9 page thread on the forums entitled "where's my money"; it makes for an interesting and funny read
    Heh, I shant contribute to that thread. I understand things like this happen and I have no problem "losing" the money training them. I'm not 100% happy about it, but it's not as if I'm going to threaten to quit unless I get my 100 plat back or something. I don't even want to imagine how nasty that thread is -_-

Heh, I shant contribute to that thread. I understand things like this happen and I have no problem "losing" the money training them. I'm not 100% happy about it, but it's not as if I'm going to threaten to quit unless I get my 100 plat back or something. I don't even want to imagine how nasty that thread is -_-
    We were all recently discussing how Rift is devoid of controversy, and how the game should be more talked about, and all that jazz?

I guess be careful what you wish for, hehe.

We were all recently discussing how Rift is devoid of controversy, and how the game should be more talked about, and all that jazz?

I guess be careful what you wish for, hehe.
    I'm fine with Rift avoiding controversy. It's nice to be playing a game that isn't the center of attention and polarizing for a lot of people. I'd love for Rift to be talked about more, but I'd rather it be for the right reasons.