Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Are there any 1 day/week raiding guilds??

I want something more challenging then LFR and pugging just never seems to work out or you spend half your raiding time looking for something you are missing.

I can dedicate every tuesday night until late or every sunday evening until late. But I cant find another group that isn't trying for major progression, and I just don't have time for two or three nights a week.

Is this just unheard of now-a-days?

Thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure there are, somewhere...

I'd think the most limited you'd be able to find at the start of an expansion right now though with some guilds not even full clearing one raid in a night, and three raids out with people still gearing up is probably 2 nights/week.

I'd think you'd probably be more successful finding what you're looking for at the end of an expansion when people have their gear can and can easily clear a full raid in an hour or two.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd recomend you to write that on your server forums, and even on the wow forums if you wouldn't mind a server switch.

At the moment, I'm pretty sure there are a lot of guilds to fit each player, so just give it some time

no there is guilds that do such things but it will take some time. i assume you have already checked in trade chat, but i would say go to the wow forums for your server and do more digging. Most cost effective way if you dont want to shell out money to change servers/factions, check other server fourms also. Then you should go to some of the fan sites like wowhead. There is some guild recuritments on there. It just takes time to find the group your looking for and best of luck

10+ Year Old Account
    I would love to be in a one day per week raid group for like 8 hours. Would seriously free up alot of time if I could condense raiding into one day.

Quote Originally Posted by smegdawg View Post
    I would love to be in a one day per week raid group for like 8 hours. Would seriously free up alot of time if I could condense raiding into one day.
    That is precisely why I am trying to. I have posted on the guild recruitment sites (mmo-champ, and wow.com) Just no luck yet.

Deleted
    Have you had a look at http://www.openraid.eu ? It's still PUGs, but with a little more organization.

Deleted
    You could try wowprogress "LFG system" some guilds might not have the right info (Method in this case )
    http://www.wowprogress.com/?faction=...=&class=&spec=
    Can set setting how you like it, this is just any 10/25 man guilds in wow (Who list them self as 1-2 days raiding guild)

Guilds running 1d/week need to raid with exceptional people if they want to get anything done at all, especially this tier where there are many bosses like t11. HC progression is also pretty much out of the question.

My guild is a guild of casuals that raid on Fridays. Its problematic, half the guild last week finally geared up enough to go do lfr while waiting for the other half to gear up. I am i level 479 because I use lfr to progress in gear while waiting for them to catch up. We will down the regular raids but it won't be soon and fast. That is the risk you take when you play with casuals who don't like to pug.

On the other hand if you are upfront about your raiding time you will find a guild that finds it acceptable, even if they raid 2 nights a week they may need someone to cover for someone else who can't be there on that second night that you can be. Just ask around and see, worst thing that could happen is you don't find any. You could also tell guilds who raid on your chosen night to keep you in mind if they need a filler because someone didn't show up.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2012-11-15 at 04:22 PM.

They're out there. My raid group ran Saturday night only for Cataclysm and we will in this expansion when everyone is at 90 and geared. We had some RL delays on people getting into this expansion, but we're usually a little late starting.

10+ Year Old Account
    My guild raids one night a week mostly because we all have weird schedules and Sunday night happens to be the only night we all are free haha. Its nice though because we progress really well for only raiding one night, moreso than some 2-3 night guilds I've been in.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't help you with any recommendations, but they certainly exist. Perhaps not always as the primary raid, but often secondary or alt groups.

My personal guild has one (soon to be two) one-day raids in addition to our primary one. One is a raid of individuals who desire to raid but cannot make a multi-day schedule (or at least not the same one), and the other will be an alt raid. I've also personally hosted one day alt/farm raids since Tier 4 in Burning Crusade through my server's major raiding community alliance.

I think a lot of the difficulty might be that most guilds advertise their primary raids, which are usually 2+ days a week, but that doesn't mean that there aren't a lot of people out there running one day raids for alts or fun or making gold or hanging out with friends they don't normally raid with.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Dekay View Post
    My guild raids one night a week mostly because we all have weird schedules and Sunday night happens to be the only night we all are free haha. Its nice though because we progress really well for only raiding one night, moreso than some 2-3 night guilds I've been in.
    lol you got an open melee spot?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hugsofdeath View Post
    lol you got an open melee spot?
    haha, ironically enough we do have an open spot. Though, there might already be a guild member in the works for it.

Deleted
    More should show up when the nerf buffs are in action (and perhaps stacked 2-3 times). Atm the most suitable way is to find twinkraids with ppl who progress through heroics with their mains.

I'm in a casual guild. We used to be 1 day/week, but now were up to 2. We raid 2 hours a night and attendance is optional.

Our guild is 2/week and we are half through the tier in normals. If we went 4 nights a week, we'd probably be doing heroic attempts right now. I can't imagine that cutting our time in half would get us any progression though. Taking 20-30 wipes on a boss then not touching it for a week seems like rather than 'sleeping' on the fight and getting a fresh perspective on it, people would forget and get worse. I can't imagine 1/week would work. Maybe if you overpowered the content with gear, but that's not the case this early in the expac.

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I can't help you with any recommendations, but they certainly exist. Perhaps not always as the primary raid, but often secondary or alt groups.
    This is probably your best bet. My guild also has a 2 day a week raid schedule, but in addition to the main progress run, we have Noob raid Monday nights. It's a 3 hour late night raid. It is pretty casual though, it's not starting up until January, and progression is slower. (in DS we only downed 2 heroics).

Honestly, I'd recommend hanging out online looking for pugs during your desired raid time. When you get into one, be nice. If they only raid one day a week, talk to the raid leader and ask if you can come again next week. Then the day of the raid, whisper the raid leader one more time to remind them that you're available. Unfortunately a lot of the more casual guilds don't advertise.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Heya Hugs- we're a 1 or 2 night a week guild, and our attendance policy isnt exactly mandatory-- what type of melee are ya and all that? We're looking for a skilled deathknight dps'er. We're on Doomhammer, US Horde. Guild name is Onslaught. Feel free to look us up.
    *Minaah* lvl 120 / Resto & Balance Druid -- GM of Onslaught on Doomhammer-US, Horde