Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Heroic Zorlok vs. Heroic Protectors

Any comment on which is easier from guilds that have done both? (I know there's not many of you). We're on really limited time and probably can't afford to do both next week, want to tackle the easier.

Zorlok is definitely a lot less demanding coordination and dps wise

Gl on attempting this reset!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Justwait View Post
    Zorlok is definitely a lot less demanding coordination and dps wise

Gl on attempting this reset!
    Indeed.

Protectors dps check is just massive, Zorlok's enrage might aswell not even exist.

You would 100% certainly want to start with heroic HoF before doing anything in terrace heroic, with maybe the exception of Lei Shi
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raxxed View Post
    Indeed.

Protectors dps check is just massive, Zorlok's enrage might aswell not even exist.

You would 100% certainly want to start with heroic HoF before doing anything in terrace heroic, with maybe the exception of Lei Shi
    Agree^^

But unless you've already done Heroic Ta'yak, Garalon and Wind Lord, you might want to do those before Zorlok. My own guild stopped progressing in MV after killing Heroic Gara'jal and Elegon, then we went on to kill Heroic Ta'yak, Garalon and Wind Lord.

This reset we should be able to take down Heroic Kings and Will and only then, we'll move on to Heroic Zorlok.

Ps. I miss your Heroic Raiding tips and advice thread Raxxed:/

would love a full list of heroic bosses from the 3 raids from easiest to hardest and which requires a better dps (heavy dps check fights) healling intense or just coordination (lots of mechanics)
    English is my 3rd language. please do fogive any mistakes.
    Elemental Shaman Guild Master of Exile, Azralon - US

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Danishgirl View Post
    Ps. I miss your Heroic Raiding tips and advice thread Raxxed:/

I'm sorry
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

Quote Originally Posted by Raxxed View Post
    Indeed.

This.

Also depending on your tactic and kill order, you'll need to coordinate your raid's focus interrupts very well. The last phase also becomes hectic as anything. Get to at least Amber Shaper in HoF before setting foot in Terrace I'd wager.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WindFurie View Post
    would love a full list of heroic bosses from the 3 raids from easiest to hardest and which requires a better dps (heavy dps check fights) healling intense or just coordination (lots of mechanics)

I will list the order in which my own guild has progressed and intend to progress but keep in mind that people have a lot more gear by now and thus the order might have changed.

- Stone Guards (Awareness)
    - Feng (Execution)
    - Elegon (Dps check/healing intensive)
    - Gara'jal (Healing intensive/Dps check)
    - Ta'yak (Awareness/healing intensive in tornado phase)
    - Garalon (Awareness/execution/healing intensive)
    - Wind Lord (Healing intensive/awareness)

This is the bosses my guild has done so far and even though we did Garalon before Wind Lord, Wind Lord is much easier than Garalon.

We're going to proceed with Spirit Kings and Will in MV and Zorlok in HoF. Then it will be a choice between finishing off HoF or going to Terrace.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    We killed it before Vizier and I thought it was a pretty hard boss. Glad to hear that Vizier is easier though. Was probably a mistake looking back but meh, one of the harder ones off the list.

The boss requires a lot of healing and the DPS check is pretty high. There are a lot of moving parts with managing the adds, debuffs and buffs present through the encounter. All the while you have to have a really good set of interrupts for all phases or you simply won't recover.

Deleted
    HC Protectors is quite tightly tuned atm and requires huge dps, Zorlok is nearly 100% about your raid not failing, i think my guild would have had it 50wipes earlier than we did if we had tanks/occasional dps not failing in p2.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I've seen videos where as long as all of your raid makes phase 2 that it's a pretty locked up kill, assuming your tanks and the minimal amount of healers are alive. Like, 2-4 people dead for multiple minutes kind of kill and still killing it.

15+ Year Old Account
    The way we're doing it atm in terms of progress :
    MSV: 5/6 HM's (cleared)
    HOF: Blade Lord
    MSV: Will of the Emperor
    HOF: Garalon , Wind Lord , Vizier , Amber Shaper

I believe we have good chances to kill both Blade Lord and Will this week , and next reset we shall focus on Garalon and Wind lord. Yet again we raid 3 days per week so we're not in rush honestly.
    The way you choose to kill bosses heavily relies on your raid comp and qualities of your players .Some guilds opt in different approach for sure.
    Serbian <MYST> , Draenor EU

Zorlok is much easier than protectors.

Quote Originally Posted by Danishgirl View Post
    I will list the order in which my own guild has progressed and intend to progress but keep in mind that people have a lot more gear by now and thus the order might have changed.

- Stone Guards (Awareness)
    - Feng (Execution)
    - Elegon (Dps check/healing intensive)
    - Gara'jal (Healing intensive/Dps check)
    - Ta'yak (Awareness/healing intensive in tornado phase)
    - Garalon (Awareness/execution/healing intensive)
    - Wind Lord (Healing intensive/awareness)

This is the bosses my guild has done so far and even though we did Garalon before Wind Lord, Wind Lord is much easier than Garalon.

We're going to proceed with Spirit Kings and Will in MV and Zorlok in HoF. Then it will be a choice between finishing off HoF or going to Terrace.
    I find it funny how you list all those fights as healing intensive, I would probably not consider any of them that, except maybe Garalon. Time to take a closer look at your healers perhaps? :P Just wait till you get to Grand Empress HC and you'll see a healing intensive fight

Anyway, I would recommend doing Amber-Shaper next (after Zor'lok). He's not very hard. Lei Shi should also be easy. And I sent you a PM btw.

On topic, I suppose the question regarding Zor'lok vs Protectors is answered, but what about Protectors vs Tsulong?
    Last edited by damz2969; 2012-12-05 at 12:00 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamhead223 View Post
    HC Protectors is quite tightly tuned atm and requires huge dps, Zorlok is nearly 100% about your raid not failing, i think my guild would have had it 50wipes earlier than we did if we had tanks/occasional dps not failing in p2.
    That's funny, because sometime, your typical raid group is better at pulling awesome numbers than producing zero fails (at least that's what we tend to think on some raid nights). So from that point of view : if you are better at doing big numbers than producing zero fails, protectors might be easier for you. Btw, we didn't kill any of them as of now, so that's just a forward analysis based on our typical output.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanath View Post
    I find it funny how you list all those fights as healing intensive, I would probably not consider any of them that, except maybe Garalon. Time to take a closer look at your healers perhaps? :P Just wait till you get to Grand Empress HC and you'll see a healing intensive fight

Anyway, I would recommend doing Amber-Shaper next (after Zor'lok). He's not very hard. Lei Shi should also be easy. And I sent you a PM btw.

On topic, I suppose the question regarding Zor'lok vs Protectors is answered, but what about Protectors vs Tsulong?
    Well, we did most of these fights weeks ago and with a lot less gear than most people should have by now. And I remember our healers getting decent rankings on just about all the kills. Garalon for instance, our Rshaman did about 90k HPS. I find that intensive but maybe that's just me.

Elegon is healing intensive in the last phase or at least it was. But this is also assuming, that you're 2 healing ofc. By now you could probably 3 heal some of the fights. But depending on setup, raid size, gear and skill ofc this will vary - why I said it was my experience and not a fact. But the person asking, asked for experience and that's what I provided.

Deleted
    Zorlok is just a HUGE rng boss.
    Oh, you managed to MC both healers on Convert platform just as monks CD on paralysis came back to instantly CC tank and wipe raid?
    Oh, boss MCed firemage in P2 when he got insta pyro proc...well, there goes one dead healer from 300k pyro.
    Oh, you decided to exhale in P2 on echo tank when he was running back to echo after attenuation? Song of Empress gg.
    Not even mentioning boss randomly switching from tank to instagib healer on melee, random deaths from Attenuation (may be caused by latency) and players getting killed by Echo that just spawned in P2.
    It may be my personal view on this boss, but over 110 pulls we had there before finally scoring kill, I now hate this boss with passion.
    Last edited by mmoc16a8f9d66b; 2012-12-05 at 01:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brenx View Post
    Zorlok is just a HUGE rng boss.
    Oh, you managed to MC both healers on Convert platform just as monks CD on paralysis came back to instantly CC tank and wipe raid?
    Oh, boss MCed firemage in P2 when he got insta pyro proc...well, there goes one dead healer from 300k pyro.
    Oh, you decided to exhale in P2 on echo tank when he was running back to echo after attenuation? Song of Empress gg.
    Not even mentioning boss randomly switching from tank to instagib healer on melee, random deaths from Attenuation (may be caused by latency) and players getting killed by Echo that just spawned in P2.
    It may be my personal view on this boss, but over 110 pulls we had there before finally scoring kill, I now hate this boss with passion.
    Shit we're going to try Zor'lok tonight but now I'm not so sure I want to...

Deleted
    New question guys

Zor'lok vs Lei Shi? (we're currently 9/16 HC)

Deleted
    Zor'lok first. Once you have everyone in the raid seeing the patterns of attenuation, it really is very easy. I'd almost go as far as to say undertuned. Of course there are little things you'd be well advised to optimise, such as making sure any nasty CD's or CC's are on cooldown pre MC's. There are other things you can do that make life easier also, but really, 90% of the fight is learning attenuation.