Page 1 of 3
LastLast

How long do you think till valor gear loses rep requirement?

I loath dailies so I don't do them, and as such am unable to get any valor gear (which sucks and was a terrible idea on blizzards part).

How much longer do you guys think till the reputation requirements are removed from valor gear?

10+ Year Old Account
    Haven't they been reduced to only require honored, anyway? The only reasonable change I can foresee is reducing Shado-Pan/August Celestials down to friendly.

Or 5.4 :P
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

10+ Year Old Account
    As they just added some additional pieces available for Valor, I don't see it happening. Very possible they'll remove rep requirement when they move it to Justice Points at 5.2. Here's hoping they don't until then.

Quote Originally Posted by Calzaeth View Post
    Haven't they been reduced to only require honored, anyway? The only reasonable change I can foresee is reducing Shado-Pan/August Celestials down to friendly.

Or 5.4 :P
    They are still at revered.

I really want some of the stuff from Shado-Pan, and I'm 1 quest away from honored with them which would be a big upgrade, but the gating via Golden Lotus (still neutral) means I won't ever get it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercarcher View Post
    Some are at honored, some are at revered.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    They probably wont, because there's no point. Next tier that stuff will be irrelevent anyway. Unless they add new valor gear to the old vendors, instead of new vendors with new reps, you won't have to worry about the current stuff.

But I can see where you're coming from; wanting the shit just for doing a couple dungeons. It's gap filler for raid gear you've not gotten yet. Not required.

Deleted
    It's redundant to be honest. The valor cap can't keep up with your rep gain. I'm revered with Golden Lotus, more than half way to exalted, and all I've been able to get is the neck from Klaxxi, and maxed my staff's iLevel.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    Some are at honored, some are at revered.
    Yes, still doesn't change the fact that there shouldn't be any requirement for it.

I did my work getting the valor to buy the stuff. Adding a rep block for valor gear is a retarded idea. Rep gear should have stayed rep gear, valor gear should have stayed valor gear.

10+ Year Old Account

I really want some of the stuff from Shado-Pan, and I'm 1 quest away from honored with them which would be a big upgrade, but the gating via Golden Lotus (still neutral) means I won't ever get it.
    I'm not going to start the whole daily-debate here, since that has been discussed to death and revived again seventeen damn times, but the bolded part is just wrong. When anything is hidden behind dailies, the only thing stopping anyone from getting the item is themselves.

Personally, I just do one faction at a time. Believe me, the end-game is MUCH more fun if you just implement your own daily-cap :P

But, to continue topic at hand, I'll say why I foresee 5.4 as the 'more accessible valor gear'-patch: I assume 5.4 will be the last major patch, and that is usually the time of an x-pac's life span where Blizzard decides to cut everyone some slack in terms of progression.

Edit:
    Yes, still doesn't change the fact that there shouldn't be any requirement for it.

I did my work getting the valor to buy the stuff. Adding a rep block for valor gear is a retarded idea. Rep gear should have stayed rep gear, valor gear should have stayed valor gear.
    To be fair, rep gear IS rep gear. Blizz themselves said during beta (and never said anything otherwise that I saw) that valor gear on factions were intended to be a bonus to the people who like grinding rep. Raiders are meant to get epics from raiding.
    Last edited by Calzaeth; 2012-12-05 at 02:15 AM.
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

Quote Originally Posted by Calzaeth View Post
    To be fair, rep gear IS rep gear. Blizz themselves said during beta (and never said anything otherwise that I saw) that valor gear on factions were intended to be a bonus to the people who like grinding rep. Raiders are meant to get epics from raiding.
    Valor gear was originally implemented by blizzard as a way to smooth out gearing up and remove some of the randomness.

Rep gear has always existed and has always cost gold.

If they wanted raiders to gear through raiding, then they shouldn't have given any of the rep BIS gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Valor gear was originally implemented by blizzard as a way to smooth out gearing up and remove some of the randomness.

If they wanted raiders to gear through raiding, then they shouldn't have given any of the rep BIS gear.
    I bolded the keyword. This subject has been debated enough on this forum that this thread will probably be locked unless you lead the talk back to your first question: When do we think valor gear loses rep requirement?

If you just want to vent at how completely archaic/stupid/unfair/sexist/whatever rep-locked gear is, search for one of the existing threads on the subject. I can guarantee that you won't necro something

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    Golden Lotus has a ring at honored and the rest is at revered. Honestly though, from the way that you are speaking... You don't have the drive to work for the gear (at least in terms of doing the dalies) thus you should look elsewhere to get your gear. Moving the gear down to friendly or removing the rep requirement on the gear (while it is still "current" gear) would be a slap in the face to those of us who chose to do the extra work to obtain it. Personally, I feel like this... If there are people in the game who loathe dailies, then the gear from those dailies should remain unobtainable for those people. In other words, I hope they do not remove the req requirement until the gear is no longer current.

I was like you OP. And to a certain extent, I still am like you. I hate dailies. I've never enjoyed them. I have realized, though, that if I want the reward at the end of that tunnel, I might as well do the extra work to obtain it instead of waiting and hoping for the requirements to be lifted.

In my mind, it's akin to raiding. If I want to raid, I need to do all that I can to be ready. Be that food, flasks, enchants, gems, learning strategies... etc. I can't just sit there and wait for some outside force to come in and do it all for me, because if I do... I am useless. I'm just a warm body.

Who knows, maybe the mentality I have is in the minority. I guess it kills me to see people come in and essentially say that they don't want to do the extra work but they want all the same rewards. It doesn't sit right with me. Maybe you are saying something else OP, but it certainly doesn't look like it from where I am sitting.
    I am a former top 50 world raider in wow, as well as world first in RIFT and SWTOR.

I've been that way in the past, but the fact that they took valor gear from how it was implimented in the past 3 expansions, and changed how it works (for the worse) by adding weeks of grinding dailies before you can get the valor gear goes against the entire reason they implemented valor gear in the first place.

I did my work getting the valor for the gear. Having a rep requirement (especially for the BiS Shado-Pan trinket) that can take multiple weeks of doing dailies every day is just a slap in the face that didn't need to be there.

Asking for the rep to be removed isn't saying that I don't want to do the extra work for the same reward. Its saying that the extra work should have never been added in the first place. It was an awful idea.

By the time they do it, people will be in T15. You are choosing not to get rep gear. it's not that it isn't available for you. And you forget. There was only a few pieces of emblem/vp gear at a time. Now, You can get every piece except for weapons. So, there is much more.

If the requirement is removed it won't be until 5.2. Even then you'll probably just see a drop to where Honored can purchase anything and the unlinking of Shado-Pan and August Celestials from Golden Lotus Revered status. Though I doubt they will even make it that much easier it isn't that difficult to get the rewards as it currently is. If you need the gear you already have it, if you don't need it well there really isn't any reason to cater to you.

I am a former top 50 world raider in wow, as well as world first in RIFT and SWTOR.

I've been that way in the past, but the fact that they took valor gear from how it was implimented in the past 3 expansions, and changed how it works (for the worse) by adding weeks of grinding dailies before you can get the valor gear goes against the entire reason they implemented valor gear in the first place.

I did my work getting the valor for the gear. Having a rep requirement (especially for the BiS Shado-Pan trinket) that can take multiple weeks of doing dailies every day is just a slap in the face that didn't need to be there.

Asking for the rep to be removed isn't saying that I don't want to do the extra work for the same reward. Its saying that the extra work should have never been added in the first place. It was an awful idea.
    You were in a world first guild in Rift? Which is way more grindy than wow. Top 50 wow? If you're attitude is such over rep gear, I somehow doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    You were in a world first guild in Rift? Which is way more grindy than wow. Top 50 wow? If you're attitude is such over rep gear, I somehow doubt it.
    Well to be fair the first tier of raids in SW:ToR were such a joke you could easily just farm tier 2 PvP gear and easily defeat them. Rift on the other hand I'd have to agree with you. Plus one would assume that he would have a few Realm Firsts from being in a Top 50 World guild yet I'm not seeing any on Mercfighter his supposed warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    Well to be fair the first tier of raids in SW:ToR were such a joke you could easily just farm tier 2 PvP gear and easily defeat them. Rift on the other hand I'd have to agree with you. Plus one would assume that he would have a few Realm Firsts from being in a Top 50 World guild yet I'm not seeing any on Mercfighter his supposed warrior.
    Soa hard mode in SWTOR was one of the most intense fights in any MMO that I have ever played before they nerfed it. Less than 10 guilds downed him pre-nerf.

As for my top 50
    Vanilla - Icecrown - Blade of Wrath - AQ40/Naxx

Soa hard mode in SWTOR was one of the most intense fights in any MMO that I have ever played before they nerfed it. Less than 10 guilds downed him pre-nerf.

As for my top 50
    Vanilla - Icecrown - Blade of Wrath - AQ40/Naxx
    You know what made him difficult prenerf? Bugs. It was a bug ridden fight from the fact that half your raid when falling to the floor could be in a separate instance to the fact that he liked to imprison the tank causing him to lose all aggro and become untauntable plus a number of other issues. So grats on having the RNG to not experience one of the myriad bugs he had. He was in no way, shape, or form difficult. The mechanics, the same as WoW, were rather pedestrian. Plus world first in SW:ToR is really nothing to be proud of it's not like a lot of people went to it for the raid scene.

Idk what BiS set you're looking at, but every one that i've seen only includes gear from heroic bosses. BiS normal =/= BiS

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    You know what made him difficult prenerf? Bugs. It was a bug ridden fight from the fact that half your raid when falling to the floor could be in a separate instance to the fact that he liked to imprison the tank causing him to lose all aggro and become untauntable plus a number of other issues. So grats on having the RNG to not experience one of the myriad bugs he had. He was in no way, shape, or form difficult. The mechanics, the same as WoW, were rather pedestrian. Plus world first in SW:ToR is really nothing to be proud of it's not like a lot of people went to it for the raid scene.
    Many of the mechanics were changed in the first update patch including a complete reworking of phase 3. Your raid falling through the floor might occur to 1 or 2 people every 10 or so attempts. Imprisoning the tank was another rare bug that happened maybe 1 out of every 30 or so attempts.

You just go ahead and think world first SW:ToR doesn't mean anything. I can tell you it does. It may not in WoW, because WoW guilds only look at your WoW history most of the time, but in the rest of the MMO community it is a big deal.