Lightbulb Strategy of getting the Lengendary Weapon

As a new wower, it took a while for me to figure out the Lengendary Weapon system of MOP. So I want to share with you. Here is the most complete informarion updated to 5.1 about getting the Lengendary. This is my first time posting articles like this. So there may exist some mistakes. Hope you will like it.

In Mists of Pandaria , Legendary weapon came along in a different way. It is available to all classes now. But you can nolonger obtain a accomplished Legendary weapon directly. Instead you have to fulfill a series of quest from Wrathion to enhance the Sha-touched weapon.
    Here is the flow.

Version5.0

1. Trial of the Black Prince

You can find Wrathion in Tavern in the Mists. Talk to him you will take the quest which need you get Honored with The Black Prince by killing level 90 Mogu and Mantid.

It is not diffcult to get the Honored. After you get Honored with Golden Lotus you will find your reputation for The Black Prince already Honored. But if you need a fast result here is a cut.

First you should finish the quest of Niuzao Temple and then made a team with some tanks, let them pull the mobs to the path of the caw. The caw will take care of those mobs in seconds. Then all you have to do is watching the reputation surged.

2.The Strength of One's Foes

Collect 10 Sigil of Power from raid bosses Mogu'shan Vaults or Terrace of Endless Spring.

Collect 10 Sigil of Wisdom from raid bosses Heart of Fear or Terrace of Endless Spring.

3. Fear Itself:

To commit this mission you need to defeat the Sha of Fear in the Terrace of ENDless Spring and acquire the Chimera of Fear.

4. Breath of the Black Prince:

After you finish all the quests above, talk to the prince then you can pick one of the following Legendary gem for free.

Crystallized Horror (Intellect) Crystallized Dread (Agility), Crystallized Terror (Strength).

These are +500 stat gems of ilvl 513 and they can be placed only in weapons with "Sha-Touched" flavor text .

Now we are getting closer to the Legendary weapon. Along with the updating, there will be different questline in every version. And befor we move on 5.1 questline there are some details you should know.

Sha-touched weapon

Sha-touched weapons, as their names suggest, are infected by evil energy from the Monster:Sha. They have slots for Legendary gems.

They can be obtained from LFR and raids of all level.

Here are the 9 Sha-touched weapons and the bosses.

Grand Empress Shek'zeer from Heart of Fear
    Claws of Shek'zeer
    Kri'tak, Imperial Scepter of the Swarm

Tsulong from Terrace of Endless Spring
    Loshan, Terror Incarnate
    Gao-Rei, Staff of the Legendary Protector

Lei Shi from Terrace of Endless Spring
    Jin'ya, Orb of the Waterspeaker
    Spiritsever
    Taoren, the Soul Burner

Sha of Fear from Terrace of Endless Spring:
    Kilrak, Jaws of Terror
    Shin'ka, Execution of Dominion

About Legendary gems

You can get only one free gem from Wrathion. Extras will cost you 10000 gold.
    The gem is unique.Thus Even the character who can hold two Sha-touched weapon can have only one Legendary gem.

Version 5.1

In this version, you can upgrade the gem from 513 ilvl to 520 ilvl which add 550+ stat. By complete the quests you can get another reward item: Eye of the Black Prince which allows you to add another gem socket to your Sha-Touched weapon.

Beside, Two achievements have been added: A Test of Valor/ A Test of Valor requires you to obtain 6000 Valor Points after take the quest.
    Chapter II: Wrathion's War/ Chapter II: Wrathion's War is for completing all of Wrathion's 5.1 quests.

Horde

The Measure of a Leader: Speak with Wrathion at the Tavern in the Mists.

The Prince's Pursuit: Kill Alliance forces along the southern shores of Krasarang Wilds until you are Revered with the Black Prince.

Glory to the Horde: Win battles at the Temple of Kotmogu and the Silvershard Mines.

The Soul of the Horde: Speak with Wrathion to learn what he's observed about Garrosh.

A Change of Command: Kill High Marshall Twinbraid at Domination Point in Krasarang Wilds.

Alliance

The Measure of a Leader: Speak with Wrathion at the Tavern in the Mists.

The Prince's Pursuit: Kill Horde forces along the southern shores of Krasarang Wilds until you are Revered with the Black Prince.

The Lion Roars: Win battles at the Temple of Kotmogu and the Silvershard Mines.

Call of the Packmaster: Speak with Wrathion to learn what he's observed about Varian.

A Change of Command: Kill Warlord Bloodhilt at Domination Point in Krasarang Wilds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EGRO View Post
    About Legendary gems
    You can get only one free gem from Wrathion. Extras will cost you 10000 gold.
    The gem is unique.Thus Even the character who can hold two Sha-touched weapon can have only one Legendary gem.
    The gem is Unique-Equipped, NOT Unique..

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    The gem is Unique-Equipped, NOT Unique..
    Though his point still largely remains, warriors cannot have 2 strength gems. Have to use one str one and on agi one.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
    Though his point still largely remains, warriors cannot have 2 strength gems. Have to use one str one and on agi one.
    Yes he can have 2x STR.. In 2 different weapons, which ARE NOT eqipped at the same time, e.g. one Sha-Touched weapon/gem for Fury/Arms and one for tanking, but NOT 2 for Fury..
    Last edited by FuxieDK; 2012-12-03 at 02:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
    ...Huh. 1 str, 1 agi. Interesting.

Didn't think something like that would work... Sure, on my Monk that means a little bit of AP, but it all adds up. Thanks for that tip!

EDIT: Hang on, no. They've thought of that. They're unique-equipped: crystal of fear. In other words, you can only have 1 gem, period. No mixing and matching.

For the ppl that want to use 2 sha touched wpns and gem them both with your core stat you will have to wait until you can upgrade one gem then use the lower lvl of the same stat gem in the other wpn. They are both still unique equiped but no longer the same gem.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    For the ppl that want to use 2 sha touched wpns and gem them both with your core stat you will have to wait until you can upgrade one gem then use the lower lvl of the same stat gem in the other wpn. They are both still unique equiped but no longer the same gem.
    The new gems are still in the unique equip: crystal of fear category, so no dice.

Oh What I want to type is unique_equip which means you can equip only one gem whether they are str or agi, I think.
    Last edited by EGRO; 2012-12-05 at 09:57 AM. Reason: didn't make the full express

Deleted
    I wonder.. If/when I get my Claws of Shek'Zeer and socket it, am I able to upgrade the socketed gem directly, or do I have to buy a new gem.

[/COLOR]
    Quote Originally Posted by zandervont View Post
    I wonder.. If/when I get my Claws of Shek'Zeer and socket it, am I able to upgrade the socketed gem directly, or do I have to buy a new gem.
    I guess you may need a Refined Crystallized gem and upgrade the Crystallized gem-slotted weapon by clicking the Refined Crystallized gem.
    Last edited by EGRO; 2012-12-05 at 10:23 AM.