Page 3 of 78 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Hi, just wondering where I am messing up with DPS and I'm wondering why its a bit low (in my opinion).

Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...loodyen/simple
    Alternate Specs/Glyphs: None
    Worldoflogs Link: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/0njv1...s=9469&e=10043
    Questions, concerns, expectations: See Above

Thanks for the speed reply (hopefully, again) this time.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zotics View Post
    How are your guys DPS in raid progression? I just joined a top raiding guild on my server and I'm just getting smoked by everything. Both ret paladins seem to be on the lower end of the spectrum. We both sit at around 482 ilevel, and while we are competing with people around 489-490+ it's not uncommon to see people pulling 25-30k higher in DPS.
    It's a sad fact Ret blows up the meters on the pull with cd's up but then literally hits the bottom of the meter. If you have 4PC or a Heroic Weapon you won't have that experience. It certainly depends on the fight as well but the weapon and 4pc is a huge buff to our damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

Shin'ka normal or Starshatter HC ? Which 1 is better, considering the 500str gem

Why was our 4 year old rate the ret thread still on page 1 closed for this?

Quote Originally Posted by Blacklion View Post
    Shin'ka normal or Starshatter HC ? Which 1 is better, considering the 500str gem
    Search is your friend, but Starshatter HC wins.

5 HP vs. 3HP?? Is it that much of a difference?

I've been playing Ret for over 5 years and have adapted well to the class changes. My DPS has never been an issue. But since MOP I cannot get myself to where I know I can be. I've cleared MSV Normal with my guild and were currently 2 bosses down into HoF. My problem is I am consistently 3rd or 4th in DPS, while my damage done is usually 2nd or 3rd.

Maybe I am doing the best I can do but what really bothers me is that I am currently the top geared player on the Alliance side of my server and I'm raiding with people with much lower ratings and theyre still beating me. I am constantly beaten by an Elemental Shaman, Feral Druid and some Hunter spec (not sure atm). And that blows my mind.

I do adjust my talents and glyphs according to the encounters, follow my priority/rotation meticulously, pre-pot, and manage my cooldowns. Dont get me wrong, I'm doing okay, I guess. But I really feel like I'm not the machine I used to be.

The only thing I have not been doing is using TV and DS with 5 HP. I just cant get the feel for it and continue to use them with 3 HP. IS THIS MY PROBLEM??

Sorry guys, I still can't post links in the forum so here is my information below.

Cyancalx-US-Auchindoun

I feel like your post Cyan, is very similar to mine above. It just feels like Ret is middle of the road AT BEST. In my guild mages, shamans, and warlocks are always the top DPS. There's no way that I can beat them, ever. I'm really thinking of shelving my Ret outside of a few hours of raiding each week in favor of something that's going to get me better results.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Why was our 4 year old rate the ret thread still on page 1 closed for this?
    I agree completely this isn't a rate the Ret thread, that thread was about ego and showing off gear haivng people then rate your gear. This thread is just about fixing DPS not even close to the same category.

---------- Post added 2012-11-28 at 11:36 PM ----------

Top end damage on SS is still better than anything but Heroic Shin'ka, Execution of Dominion.
    Last edited by Requital; 2012-11-29 at 12:00 AM.
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

Zotics, I hear you. While I would expect Warlocks, Mages and Shamans outperform us (due to the DPS rankings), I'm still blown away when a Hunter tops the meter when it would seem that their ratings are lower than most specs. I did a cross-realm Sha kill today and I was 3rd DPS and 2nd Damage Done. I'd say that's respectable in the grand scheme of things. I don't know, maybe it's my raid comp with certain buffs missing or perhaps the movement phases in certain encounters.

Hey guys. Since this expansion I feel like I am not performing as well as I should be. I don't know what, if anything, I am doing wrong.
    I have meters from tonight's LFR. Any help is appreciated. I can provide Target Dummy meters too if you guys want, seems to be around 50k target dummy dps.

Sha of Fear
    http://i.imgur.com/ADHq8.jpg
    and
    Lei Shei
    http://i.imgur.com/Ckzy9.jpg

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lesnarf/simple
    Last edited by Fiddlesnarf; 2012-12-05 at 04:03 AM.

Hi there, I was wondering why my dps has been so low but we just killed garalon and i was at the bottom of the meters only doing 58k. For the life of me i cant figure out what im doing wrong but im doing the rotation and reforging right but I just don't know what the missing link is.
    Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Seanstr/simple
    Worldoflogs Link: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=5993&e=6419
    Questions, concerns, expectations: See above
    Last edited by The Problem; 2012-12-05 at 04:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Problem View Post
    Hi there, I was wondering why my dps has been so low but we just killed garalon and i was at the bottom of the meters only doing 58k. For the life of me i cant figure out what im doing wrong but im doing the rotation and reforging right but I just don't know what the missing link is.
    Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Seanstr/simple
    Worldoflogs Link: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=5993&e=6419
    Questions, concerns, expectations: See above
    for Garalon u want to use glyph of exorcism and holy prism, and over all use Sanctified wrath, it does really boost your dps, also try grabbing Darkmoon card trinket, it'll be with u untill u kill HC lei shi ( yeah it is THAT good ), also if u got 3250 conquest points buy the shoulder and upgrade it twice, as it has BiS stats

Deleted
    for Garalon u want to use glyph of exorcism and holy prism, and over all use Sanctified wrath, it does really boost your dps, also try grabbing Darkmoon card trinket, it'll be with u untill u kill HC lei shi ( yeah it is THAT good ), also if u got 3250 conquest points buy the shoulder and upgrade it twice, as it has BiS stats
    That wasn't his biggest issue.
    About your gear: Get rid of this crap trinket (CCCC), everything is better than this. You don't have belt buckle and you can level BS so you get extra 2 sockets.
    Also glyph of inqustion is massive dps loss. Overall you should do better at maintaining Inquistion, you did 80% uptime on Garalon.
    The biggest issue was not DPSing legs. You did 68% of your damage on boss 32% on legs, it should be reversed. Your weak points debuff have low uptime - so you were not standing in circles and not killing legs.

I took yall's advice im just waiting to get the trinket And I'm sure ill be doing a hell of alot better then i was.

Armory Link:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...avrel/advanced

Alternate Specs/Glyphs:
    None, DP,DS,TV

Questions, concerns, expectations:
    My question is about simming gear, I know you wrote not to ask about gear but this is a question that isn't covered in any of your linked threads, and other websites such as ej, icy veins, noxxic.

I have played retribution for a long time, but I just recently got into simming my gear for correct reforging stats.

Current suggested values.

From what I understand about reforging, Stat values change with gear, you always want what you don't have. The stat values suggested by the current guides are, Strength>Haste>Mastery>=Crit, but this can't possibly be correct because stat values change with gear, and simcraft suggest otherwise, putting crit above mastery.

Right now, I have a few haste gems but strength is more than double the value of haste at the moment, so my stats are not optimal.
    If I enter my stat weights into askmrrobot with my current values, it will have me change most of my gear and mix match my gems, I.E. : Str/hit - Str/Haste - Str, but I'm almost positive this isn't correct because of what people are suggesting in multiple threads here and the official ej thread; the most common suggestion I see is, "gem all haste, unless you get more stats from the bonus".

So what I want to know is, How can I reforge/gem correctly using simcraft?

@averykey

Import your character in simcraft, set iterations to 50k, threads to how ever many cores your cpu has, choose your buffs and de-buffs, you don't need to scale agility. Simulate, take those results and punch into mr. robot, follow the suggestions.

Also, any reason you're not using mass exo/judgement glyph? Definitely worth using.

Quote Originally Posted by Placidlol View Post
    @averykey

Import your character in simcraft, set iterations to 50k, threads to how ever many cores your cpu has, choose your buffs and de-buffs, you don't need to scale agility. Simulate, take those results and punch into mr. robot, follow the suggestions.

Also, any reason you're not using mass exo/judgement glyph? Definitely worth using.
    I was messing with glyph earlier, didn't switch them back.

The problem with just simulating some results is.

The values will change to favor strength because I'm haste heavy, then if I were to run another sim, I would be strength heavy and haste will have a greater value than strength.

Is there not a better way to do it? Since simcraft will always favor what you have least of, I'm not sure.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by averykey View Post
    I was messing with glyph earlier, didn't switch them back.

The problem with just simulating some results is.

The values will change to favor strength because I'm haste heavy, then if I were to run another sim, I would be strength heavy and haste will have a greater value than strength.

Is there not a better way to do it? Since simcraft will always favor what you have least of, I'm not sure.
    The stat values will always change they will never be the same, Day 1 I can regem pure Haste, Haste/Str & Haste/Hit and SC will tell me Str has a higher value regem pure Str, Str/Haste & Str/Hit and it will point me back to Haste. The amount of true DPS value will be so minimal that you probably won't actually be able to tell from one to the other.

However certain unnamed people around seem to think there is no sweet spot in Haste where you want to aim it's one of those use your best judgement and hope it's correct or constantly regem and see no real difference.

---------- Post added 2012-12-06 at 11:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Placidlol View Post
    @averykey

Mass Exo is 100% fight based Glyph definitely shouldn't be used on every fight IMO.

I know I didn't add a WoL link, but I don't have one at the moment. I would still like someone to take a look at me. I have received a few new pieces of gear and can do some Target Dummy or Heroics for some recount logs.

i wanted some information about the stats , i looted the LFR chest token even i had 489 ilvl Vp Chest and coz of my 4/4 set bonus i equipped it , suddenly i saw my expertise went down to 7.49% but still i didnt put an Enchant to the chest so i thought Enchanting 80 All stats will ramp my expertise stats , but when i did it , the expertise didnt scale up ! my question is isnt expertise a stat or not !!