Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I don't see a reason why you wouldn't do a stormstrike and then pop ascendance, free damage is always good.

Looking at your armory, you should replace Elemental Force for Dancing Steel, and drop Herbalism for a profession that gives you static agility benefits. I think there is a better leg enchant that you can get also.

Looking at your Elegon log:

You had 43% uptime on Flame Shock.This should be at least 95% on Elegon, and close to 100% on any other boss
    Over a 7 Minute fight you could of had at a maximum 42 Lava Lashes, you only had 24
    " " 53 Stormstrikes, you had far less
    You only had 80 seconds of Fire Elemental Uptime, you missed 20 seconds of Fire Elemental Totem, which is a huge amount of DPS lost.

There are other things you can improve on, but these should be good points to improve on for a start.
    Druid | UI | Youtube
    R1 & 14x Glad PvPer
    Honestly US 2nd / Ally World 1st

Well sometimes my fire elemental is ready when I'm running from the edges to the middle part, so I can't dmg the boss nor my fire lemental (since there is no floor underneath him). The downtime of my lava lash and stormstrike is probably coz im waiting for them on the phase when the balls spawn and go to the pillar. I can burst them down quicker if I got all my *small* cds. (SS/LL). But seems I just have to burn the boss while I'm waiting for the orbs when they spawn.

thanks for the advice

Quote Originally Posted by Butser View Post
    Well sometimes my fire elemental is ready when I'm running from the edges to the middle part, so I can't dmg the boss nor my fire lemental (since there is no floor underneath him). The downtime of my lava lash and stormstrike is probably coz im waiting for them on the phase when the balls spawn and go to the pillar. I can burst them down quicker if I got all my *small* cds. (SS/LL). But seems I just have to burn the boss while I'm waiting for the orbs when they spawn.

thanks for the advice
    That's something that you will develop as you play more - proper timing on your CDs. Because the Elegon fight is so predictable with phases you should only be using the Fire Elemental in areas where you'll get 100% uptime on him (at the start and then typically on the last burn phase). Because our abilities have such short CDs you should not be holding them during the orb phase - you should be dps'ing elegon while waiting for orbs to spawn, then switching onto your target, the only time you might need to hold a SS/LL would be on a later orb when they are moving faster.
    Asrel - Shadow Priest <Last Attempt> US-Whisperwind
    Aretoo - Havoc DH <Last Attempt> US-Whisperwind

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Defines View Post
    I noticed that you now have a section for boss encounters.

I don't believe you can FN off the legs to hit the boss, looking through some logs, none of the Enhancement Shamans are using Fire Nova. Personally, I never tried to use it during progression, and now on farm; the legs die to fast to waste time using a FN to test it.
    Glyphed fire nova will definitely hit the boss from the legs, and vice versa. Sometimes the stride will move a leg out of range for a LL to spread FS from a leg to the body or the other way around. I get significantly more damage out on legs and in echo'd damage to the boss/legs using glyphed FN in my rotation on Garalon.

Normal mode.
    Guatama - Enhancement
    Slowbrah - Retribution/Holy
    Jamespage - Demonology PVP
    Evocati (H - Zul'jin) is recruiting for 25 man.
    Visit our website to apply.

Quote Originally Posted by sarasun View Post
    I strongly believe AG is better on any fight that has an increased damage debuff. End up doing similar amounts of healing per cast. AG is 2 mins CD, HTT is 3. AG is also off the GCD, if that matters.
    I am suprised no one has really mentioned how powerful conductivity is for dmg buffed fights. For raid groups still gearing up, conductivity may be a dps loss but the survivability benefits far outweigh. Example, Windlord phase 2 during Rain. Downside is your holding a 5 stack but upside is you're going to keep all melee up and help with tank heals during that time, allowing healers to focus more on range/tank healing. This also works really well on Gara'jahal during vodoos esp if you have the doll yourself. I've tried conductivity on Garalon as well. I drop it in the leg circle and provide large heals to our 3 melee, again allowing healers to focus elsewhere. Two healing is always helpful in a 10man raid and conductivity being available constantly is beneficial, esp with lower ilvl raiding. HcElegon is also perfect for conductivity because everyone stacks in last phase where dmg is higher and you can heal everyone.

Keynote: Imo, the real key to being a quality enhancement shaman isn't how much deeps you can push out. It's understanding the versatility and 'enhancement' you bring to a raid. Obviously this is less valuable in a 25man environment. But I've provided very key heals as we have progressed, our first Tay'ak kill wouldn't have happend without AG on our 2nd tunnel pass. I got a little lucky and Ascendance and stormlash were up with it. All that said, keep finding fun and unique ways to make the class more productive.

I´m just twinking with my enhancer so I´m new here, but I can´t find anything on these forums on the 2-piece pvp setbonus. I have roughly 475 iLvL and no T14 bonus yet. What are your opinions on the bonus (it´s 20% extra procc chance on Maelstrom Weapon)? I find it to be extremely usefull and actually makes the whole gameplay more fluent. This is by the way all meant for pve. So is it worth it to carry 2 pvp set items around?

Quote Originally Posted by Akato View Post
    I´m just twinking with my enhancer so I´m new here, but I can´t find anything on these forums on the 2-piece pvp setbonus. I have roughly 475 iLvL and no T14 bonus yet. What are your opinions on the bonus (it´s 20% extra procc chance on Maelstrom Weapon)? I find it to be extremely usefull and actually makes the whole gameplay more fluent. This is by the way all meant for pve. So is it worth it to carry 2 pvp set items around?
    The 2-piece PVP bonus certainly is helpful while in the gearing process prior to getting 489 level pieces - I believe the shoulder and gloves are decently itemized for pve use.

How high is the priority of fire nova in the garalon fight? For example if there are 4 legs and only 1 leg?

10+ Year Old Account
    How high is the priority of fire nova in the garalon fight? For example if there are 4 legs and only 1 leg?
    Low priority. As in, dont cast it unless everything else is on cooldown and you are at low maelstrom stacks. The 100% damage buff only applies to the leg you're standing near, which makes single-target abilities far more valuable than Nova, whether there are 4 legs or 1. That said, you should note that on any fight with more than one target, it is always worthwhile to use fire Nova if all other rotational abilities are on cooldown.

---------- Post added 2012-12-06 at 01:45 PM ----------

Use conductivity its great etc.
    I strongly advise against this. It may seem helpful, being a dps who helps heal the raid, but here's the thing: it really isn't worth it. If you come to a fight where you believe that your raid is meeting the dps requirements but the healing requirements are too steep, your raid has one of three problems:

1. Your tactics are wrong. This is what I imagine would be the most likely problem. One instance of this that stands out in my mind is Garalon, where many groups struggle to keep groups on the legs alive. Conductivity isn't going to do dick to help here. The boss is constantly moving, making healing rains extremely unreliable. Ensure that your healers are properly positioned and that unneccessary pheromone swaps aren't happening before you assume that sacrificing dps to crank out maybe 300k total healing per rain is better than the 500k of smart healing that will save raid members who are hurt the most without any dps loss whatsoever

2. Your healers are undergeared/unskilled - Elegon comes to mind on this one. If your healers can't rotate cooldowns or go oom or whatever, you have no business using your mediocre heals while exposing the entire raid to more damage by prolonging the fight.

3. You're progressing on H Garajal or Empress or whatever and random people keep dying! - See, here's the thing about AG: its a smart heal. This means that rather than healing for a very small amount across the entire group in the healing rain, it bursts tons of healing into the three lowest-health raid members. This means that people who get turned into voodoo dolls or get the fear debuff or something get healed up in those critical situations instead of getting healed for the value of 1/10th or 1/25th of the damage of a stormstrike every 8 or so seconds.

Okay a quick question about the priority system:

If Flame Shock drops and for whatever reason Unleash Elements is on cool down, i should then continue with my priority until UE comes off cooldown to then cast a FS but not before.

Quote Originally Posted by xap View Post

If Flame Shock drops and for whatever reason Unleash Elements is on cool down, i should then continue with my priority until UE comes off cooldown to then cast a FS but not before.
    That's what I do.
    Druid | UI | Youtube
    R1 & 14x Glad PvPer
    Honestly US 2nd / Ally World 1st

Quote Originally Posted by xap View Post

That's correct - this is also why you won't see many (if any) logs with close to 100% uptime on FS because there will be periods of time (typically 1-2 seconds max) that you don't have a FS up.

Great thanks guys.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is it better to have the "best weapon" in your offhand slot? Or the other way around?

How to burst? I'm doing it like this:

1. Pop Fire elemental and a potion 1 sec before the fight
    2. Unleash elements > flame shock > Stormstrike
    3. Ascendance + wolves + other cooldowns (racial CD/trinket etc)
    4. MW5+ LB or Stormstrike (since it's resetted again)
    5. just the normal rotation till everything is on CD
    6. pop Stormlash totem

Or should I pop all my cooldowns before my fire elemental?

I remembered this from Elitist Jerks a few weeks ago.

Time in relation to pull----------Action
    -5---------------------------------Spirit Walk
    -3---------------------------------Feral Spirit
    -1---------------------------------Fire Elemental / Prepot
    0----------------------------------Start running to the boss
    0.5--------------------------------Unleash Elements
    2-3-------------------------------Arrive at boss
    2----------------------------------FS
    3.5--------------------------------Stormstrike
    5----------------------------------Pop Ascendance, trinkets etc with next Stormblast
    6.5-------------------------------Usually have 5 stacks of Searing Flame, so LL / Otherwise use ES or Stormlash Totem

Edit: How the fudge to i make tables on this forum >.<
    Last edited by Tides; 2012-12-11 at 03:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by psir View Post
    Is it better to have the "best weapon" in your offhand slot? Or the other way around?
    Always have your best weapon in your mainhand.

How to burst? I'm doing it like this:

1. Pop Fire elemental and a potion 1 sec before the fight
    2. Unleash elements > flame shock > Stormstrike
    3. Ascendance + wolves + other cooldowns (racial CD/trinket etc)
    4. MW5+ LB or Stormstrike (since it's resetted again)
    5. just the normal rotation till everything is on CD
    6. pop Stormlash totem

Or should I pop all my cooldowns before my fire elemental?
    From what I've read fire elemental and feral spirits update dynamically with our stats, so it doesn't matter exactly when we pop them, they will gain trinket buffs, pots buffs, and other procs we have during their duration if they occur. On fights I typically have wolves and fire elemental already up as we pull, and then am applying UE+FS as I run in, which if I'm timing right once the GCDs are over I'm at the boss and can continue my normal rotation - which on a pull is typically SS into Ascendance then SS again into LL then normal priority (I hold LL so I can get double SS and since I won't have full stacks at the start of the fight anyway).

10+ Year Old Account
    The UE flame buff lasts a few seconds. IMO FS > SS or LL is wasting a global.

Biggest burst means hardest hitting abilities go first.
    Guatama - Enhancement
    Slowbrah - Retribution/Holy
    Jamespage - Demonology PVP
    Evocati (H - Zul'jin) is recruiting for 25 man.
    Visit our website to apply.

Quote Originally Posted by NPSlow View Post
    The UE flame buff lasts a few seconds. IMO FS > SS or LL is wasting a global.

Biggest burst means hardest hitting abilities go first.
    Updated OP to reflect correct Simcraft rotation priorities - thanks for pointing that out.

Do i still prior SS over LL even with the 2nd pve set bonus?
    13/13

Monk