10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    I particularly enjoyed Gruden gushing about RG3 right after he fumbled the ball and Morgan happened to pick it up and run it. The NFL really has perfected the perfect storm of awful this year. Thursday nights are almost completely unwatchable and Monday nights are completely unlistenable.
    The Marshawn Lynch fumble recovery by Wilson was better.

Just saying.

---------- Post added 2012-12-04 at 03:02 PM ----------

Rumor is that Braylon Edwards has been wavered or placed on IR.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Braylon Edwards? who's saddled with that dead weight this year?
    22 miles of hard road
    33 years of tough luck
    44 skulls buried in the ground
    Crawling down through the muck
    Ah yeah...

15+ Year Old Account
    Sanchez will reportedly be the starter for the Jets Sunday.

Braylon Edwards? who's saddled with that dead weight this year?
    Not anymore. He got waived by the Seahawks. Smartest move theyve made all year.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aous View Post
    Not anymore. He got waived by the Seahawks. Smartest move theyve made all year.
    I'll never understand what happened to that guy. He was freaking great at Michigan. Obviously his ability to outrun and outjump guys was going to come down to earth with the superior competition in the NFL, but his ability to catch the ball just totally disappeared. I don't remember him ever having issues catching passes from Chad Henne, but he has been so drop happy in the NFL.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll never understand what happened to that guy. He was freaking great at Michigan. Obviously his ability to outrun and outjump guys was going to come down to earth with the superior competition in the NFL, but his ability to catch the ball just totally disappeared. I don't remember him ever having issues catching passes from Chad Henne, but he has been so drop happy in the NFL.
    I'm pretty sure when they were reviewing the tape they saw his complete lack of effort for a deep pass in the Chicago game (not the TD one). Then his twitter rant was just icing on the cake.

James Carpenter got put on "Reserve/Non-football Illness list." Not sure what that means. Maybe they were disappointed with his effort after getting completely leveled by Peppers.

With the rumors of the NFL making Sidney Rice sit out the next game, it'll be interesting. Our other WR takes after Braylon... you know. Dropping passes.
    Last edited by Vetali; 2012-12-05 at 05:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sanchez will reportedly be the starter for the Jets Sunday.
    they're stuck with him, that $8 million guaranteed to him next year is gonna be what sinks Ryan and Tannenbaum

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    they're stuck with him, that $8 million guaranteed to him next year is gonna be what sinks Ryan and Tannenbaum
    Ryan is an idiot anyways you can't be a defensive minded only head coach in the NFL anymore the game isn't built that way and he refuses to adapt to it. Sanchez isn't a bad QB he just doesn't have any good WR's he did take them to two AFC championships.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skarsguard View Post
    Ryan is an idiot anyways you can't be a defensive minded only head coach in the NFL anymore the game isn't built that way and he refuses to adapt to it. Sanchez isn't a bad QB he just doesn't have any good WR's he did take them to two AFC championships.
    Why do people say that? Sanchez DID NOT take them to the AFC Championship, their top 5 defense did.
    2009-10 playoffs:
    Wild Card round: New York 24, Cinncy 14. Sanchez threw the ball 15 times for 1 TD and 182 yards.
    Divisional Round: New York 17, San Diego 14. 100 yards on 23 attempts 1 TD 1INT.
    AFC Championship: New York 17, Indy 30. 257 yards, 2 TDs, 1 INT.
    2010-2011 playoffs:
    Wild Card Round: New York 17, Indianapolis 16. Sanchez 18/31 189 yards 0 TDs 1 INTs
    Divisional Round: New York 28, New England 21. Sanchez had three passing TDs. Two of those drives were 49 and 37 yards thanks to defensive takeaways. Sanchez finished the day with 194 yards, 3TDs, 0 INTs.

So where the hell did Sanchez take anything? He managed them in tight games against mediocre to downright bad defenses and had his teams squeak by thanks to their phenomenal defense. He gets way, WAY too much credit for those games than he deserves. Sanchez is a bad QB. His decision making ability is awful. Check out the highlights (lowlights?) of him this season. He throws off his back foot, he can't make progression reads, etc. He isn't good. He has never been anything more than average. His best career QBR (ESPN) is 78.2 good for 23rd in the NFL in 2011. That is right around what Kyle Orton put up last year. He is mediocre and there is no way around that. He didn't have good receivers, sure. Neither did Joe Flacco, Jay Cutler, Matt Hasselbeck, Carson Palmer, Alex Smith, or Matt Moore all QBs that drastically outperformed Sanchez last year. You can't even blame it on the Jets being a running team. Sanchez was 9th in attempts last year. NINTH! He was 27th in yards per attempt.

A game manager can not win you a Super Bowl in the modern NFL. It is impossible. Look at San Fransisco who are in the process of abandoning Alex Smith, a superior version of Mark Sanchez in every way, because he lacks next level ability. In the last decade, only Brad Johnson won a Super Bowl as a game manager. Since he won the winners have been Eli Manning, Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, Ben Roethlisberger, Peyton Manning, Tom Brady so the best clutch QB in years, elite, elite, elite, elite, and elite. Good fucking luck winning of competing against those guys year after year with Sanchez at the helm unless your defense is just out of their minds incredible which the Jets pretty much were for his first two seasons and even that wasn't enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seattle worked out with Josh Johnson. This is interesting, kinda confirms their intentions with Flynn in the off season. With the way that Wilson is performing this isn't really debatable like it was before.

They also worked out with former CB Roy Lewis. So my thought is maybe Lewis/Maxwell 1 Jeremy Lane 2 Walter Thurmond nickel once Sherman and Browner get axed.

Really not that bad of a trade off honestly.

Edit- Browner taking his suspension now so he can make playoffs.
    Last edited by Vetali; 2012-12-05 at 08:30 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Skelton back in at starter for the Cards this week. Not sure if that is better enough to matter.

---------- Post added 2012-12-05 at 04:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Browner taking his suspension now so he can make playoffs.
    That is exactly what Sherman should be doing also.

10+ Year Old Account
    Skelton back in at starter for the Cards this week. Not sure if that is better enough to matter.

---------- Post added 2012-12-05 at 04:11 PM ----------

That is exactly what Sherman should be doing also.
    Yeah I agree. I think they are banking on the thought of Trufant being good to go by then. Honestly, for as much praise Sherman gets, Browner is quicker. Sherman has his wingspan and physical, ball hawking nature that makes him good. Though that kinda fucked him over with the Marshall bomb Sunday to tie it.

Carroll pretty much confirmed that Thurmond would be number 1. Lane appears to be nickel. He also confirmed Rice passed his tests and is good to go for Sunday.

A game manager can not win you a Super Bowl in the modern NFL. It is impossible. only Brad Johnson won a Super Bowl as a game manager.
    Someone did not watch the 2005 Super Bowl. A future elite quarterback was a game manager when he won, and in all honesty, he did not manage that game well. In fact he was the quarterback with the lowest QB rating to ever win a super bowl.
    Quote Originally Posted by ccsabathia View Post
    heat ≠ light
    it...i....what?

"They was WATERING them. They was trying to GROW WHEELBARROWS."

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why do people say that? Sanchez DID NOT take them to the AFC Championship, their top 5 defense did.
    2009-10 playoffs:
    Wild Card round: New York 24, Cinncy 14. Sanchez threw the ball 15 times for 1 TD and 182 yards.
    Divisional Round: New York 17, San Diego 14. 100 yards on 23 attempts 1 TD 1INT.
    2010-2011 playoffs:
    Wild Card Round: New York 17, Indianapolis 16. Sanchez 18/31 189 yards 0 TDs 1 INTs
    Divisional Round: New York 28, New England 21. Sanchez had three passing TDs. Two of those drives were 49 and 37 yards thanks to defensive takeaways. Sanchez finished the day with 194 yards, 3TDs, 0 INTs.

So where the hell did Sanchez take anything? He managed them in tight games against mediocre to downright bad defenses and had his teams squeak by thanks to their phenomenal defense. He gets way, WAY too much credit for those games than he deserves. Sanchez is a bad QB. His decision making ability is awful. Check out the highlights (lowlights?) of him this season. He throws off his back foot, he can't make progression reads, etc. He isn't good. He has never been anything more than average. His best career QBR (ESPN) is 78.2 good for 23rd in the NFL in 2011. That is right around what Kyle Orton put up last year. He is mediocre and there is no way around that. He didn't have good receivers, sure. Neither did Joe Flacco, Jay Cutler, Matt Hasselbeck, Carson Palmer, Alex Smith, or Matt Moore all QBs that drastically outperformed Sanchez last year. You can't even blame it on the Jets being a running team. Sanchez was 9th in attempts last year. NINTH! He was 27th in yards per attempt.

A game manager can not win you a Super Bowl in the modern NFL. It is impossible. Look at San Fransisco who are in the process of abandoning Alex Smith, a superior version of Mark Sanchez in every way, because he lacks next level ability. In the last decade, only Brad Johnson won a Super Bowl as a game manager. Since he won the winners have been Eli Manning, Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, Ben Roethlisberger, Peyton Manning, Tom Brady so the best clutch QB in years, elite, elite, elite, elite, and elite. Good fucking luck winning of competing against those guys year after year with Sanchez at the helm unless your defense is just out of their minds incredible which the Jets pretty much were for his first two seasons and even that wasn't enough.

The team still got there thou if he threw 4-5 interceptions every game they wouldn't have gotten there I don't care how good there defense is. The QB from the Ravens won a Superbowl off Defense as well but that was 12 years ago I am not disagreeing about needing a great QB I say it all the time. I'm not saying Mark S. is a great QB or even a good QB he is okay thou better then Tebow thou I would have started Tebow just to see if he can do anything.
    Last edited by Skarsguard; 2012-12-06 at 03:24 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    2009-10 playoffs:
    2010-2011 playoffs:
    Ironically, his best game was the loss.

I don't know. I think a strong defense and a great running game can make up for a mediocre quarterback. You'd just need the perfect storm. Not sure why it's easier in college, but it is.

15+ Year Old Account
    In Times article on Goodell, they sat through a competition committee meeting in which Schiano pitched a new idea to eliminate kickoffs, something the NFL is going to do in the near future. After scoring a touchdown or kicking a field goal, the ball is placed at your own 30 yard line. The down is set to 4th and 15 from there. You have the option to either punt it away or go for the 4th and 15 to retain possession. Personally, I love this idea. The punt return is going to be basically identical to a kick return. The 4th and 15 is vastly superior to the onside kick in place right now. It would force teams to succeed with their offense, not hope to get lucky with a bounce. There are three downsides I see though. You need a rule to keep punters from just kicking it out of bounds so you would have to keep illegal procedure penalties in play putting the ball on the 40, it removes the sneak onside kick, and couldn't you see team like the Pats figuring out a way to game this so they never have to give the opposition the ball?

10+ Year Old Account
    In Times article on Goodell, they sat through a competition committee meeting in which Schiano pitched a new idea to eliminate kickoffs, something the NFL is going to do in the near future. After scoring a touchdown or kicking a field goal, the ball is placed at your own 30 yard line. The down is set to 4th and 15 from there. You have the option to either punt it away or go for the 4th and 15 to retain possession. Personally, I love this idea. The punt return is going to be basically identical to a kick return. The 4th and 15 is vastly superior to the onside kick in place right now. It would force teams to succeed with their offense, not hope to get lucky with a bounce. There are three downsides I see though. You need a rule to keep punters from just kicking it out of bounds so you would have to keep illegal procedure penalties in play putting the ball on the 40, it removes the sneak onside kick, and couldn't you see team like the Pats figuring out a way to game this so they never have to give the opposition the ball?
    That's the most retarded thing in history. Fuck the NFL if this happens.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is actually really interesting. The onside kicking is fucking retarded in the NFL honestly.

I'm for it. With the current touchback rules if it gets turned over on downs it puts the other team 10 yards ahead. So I say the risk/reward is good.

Edit- There was a point that Hines Ward put out there, if you want to reduce helmet to helmet injuries then you should go back to leather helmets. I kinda agree with the thought, not the concept though. If you give players big composite helmets with face guards on them, they will be used as weapons... its really inevitable.
    Last edited by Vetali; 2012-12-06 at 08:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    They really have it in for kickers don't they? First they want rid of the extra point, now they want rid of kick offs.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    sounded like an awful idea, but checking the numbers shows something like 20% of 3rd and 15s are converted which is around the same rate of recovery on expected onside kicks
    I still think its an awful idea, but the numbers don't hate it quite as much, psychologically teams will be more inclined to go for it, which I see as a negative, it would require such a precise set of rules to govern it to prevent abuse that it doesn't seem worth it

I don't like it because phantom roughing the QB calls would get yet another chance to ruin a game and they ruin enough games as is, automatic 1st down penalties on plays deciding possession are one of my pet peeves