Quote Originally Posted by Turvakapsu View Post
    you won't notice a balls of a difference in your survivability (neither will your healers)
    Slight issue being that this logic works against you, too. The trinket popped by itself makes pretty close to no difference whatsoever (even when popped at three or more holy power).

Quote Originally Posted by Choice View Post
    You might mitigate more by stacking CD's that bounce off each other but then you create damage spikes due to leading periods of extremely low damage into periods of extremely high ones.
    It's merely a mastery activated trinket. Its slight misuse isn't going to suddenly turn you down the path of heavy spiking.
    Last edited by Elathi; 2012-12-04 at 10:21 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elathi View Post
    It's merely a mastery activated trinket. Its slight misuse isn't going to suddenly turn you down the path of heavy spiking.
    Do you understand the concept of optimal a.k.a. the best way / everything matters? You're telling us it is optimal to blow both of them on cooldown, which makes very little sense for the reasons Choice listed above.

Deleted
    Do you understand the concept of optimal a.k.a. the best way / everything matters? You're telling us it is optimal to blow both of them on cooldown, which makes very little sense for the reasons Choice listed above.
    In a fight where the damage intake is 100% consistent, blowing them both on cooldown and together actually reduces more damage.
    Naturally blowing HA on cooldown is moronic on 95% of fights.

I still feel like though the paladins cooldown arsenal is so strong right now. There are not many fighs where you resort to "oh my god I need a trinket cooldown". Feels like you always got some other cooldown to cover when you need it.

@Choice it is hillarious to see that you never realise that most players are not 25 man raiders, aswell as most players are not in the top100 guilds pushing heroic modes. The gearing + cooldown usage varies alot from 25 to 10 and from end game heroic modes to early heroic modes / normal modes.

Basically your calling an orange wrong for being orange instead of yellow like you bananas
    Last edited by mmoc4d8e5d065a; 2012-12-04 at 02:42 PM.

Deleted
    And that's why we've talked about damage smoothening, and it being fine, although not optimal, to macro trinkets to other abilities.

If people really want to, I can make a graph to demonstrate my point but I doubt it'll be needed.

Deleted
    Macroing things to other things is never optimal as there are always exceptions to a rule where you want to use things together. At some point you will want to use some spells seperately no matter what they are for some special fight mechanic.

And all brings back do the question, how do you define optimal? Is optimal max tdr, damage smoothening or on-demand damage reduction. And that is all dependant on fight, raid size and your raid group.

Chaining HA+mastery trinket will cause max damage smoothening. Using them together will cause max TDR and max on-demand damage reduction.

Both can be better in different situations.
    Last edited by mmoc4d8e5d065a; 2012-12-04 at 02:55 PM.

Deleted
    my 2c: macroing a cd with another ability is never a good idea - you have just lost control of one of your defensive cds which could be much better used to (hopefully) prevent a death event. Tanking is (nowadays) all about controlling your damage intake.

If you habitually forget to use a cd during fights then all i can suggest is practise more and play better.

Quote Originally Posted by rawhammer View Post
    my 2c: macroing a cd with another ability is never a good idea - you have just lost control of one of your defensive cds which could be much better used to (hopefully) prevent a death event. Tanking is (nowadays) all about controlling your damage intake.

If you habitually forget to use a cd during fights then all i can suggest is practise more and play better.
    Not to be pedantic but it seems like the odds on a mastery on use trinket preventing your death would be astronomical.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Luciferiuz View Post
    Not to be pedantic but it seems like the odds on a mastery on use trinket preventing your death would be astronomical.
    Pedant! General principle though.

HA itself smoothens damage intake so much that few percent won't do anything there.
    Do you understand the concept of optimal a.k.a. the best way / everything matters?
    Could use some consistency.

And Choice's post somewhat failed to make much in the way of a point. It was over the top hyperbole, such as what I quoted of it.

Deleted
    Macroing things together is a good idea if it's a dodge/mastery/parry/strength trinket. I've always done it, macro'd it with a minor cooldown to make it more effective.
    For example, Lifeblood/Darkmasters with Holy Avenger is perfect. Hard hitting and more SOTR uptime.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elathi View Post
    Could use some consistency.
    What? If you bothered to think for a split second you'd realize I was talking about the same thing there. Seems like I'll have to make the graph after all...
    Last edited by mmoc68a4e4b5e2; 2012-12-05 at 03:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's keep it civil, friends. No need to bring condescension in to it.
    Host of Talking Skritt, a GW2 podcast!

10+ Year Old Account
    8 days til I can play again D: Is painful sitting here having to imagine everything rather than actually experience it at some point, I'm only level 87.75
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    8 days til I can play again D: Is painful sitting here having to imagine everything rather than actually experience it at some point, I'm only level 87.75
    Don't know how you feel about leveling. But can give you a tip how to take 89-90 in an hour or two. ( since personally I was sick of leveling by the time I was 89 ).
    You will miss out on the "leveling experience" but get 90 fast from 89

Make sure you do all quests leading up the final zone before 89. Asap when you get 89, make quests to the new zone. Do the first quest hub in the new zone so you get to Klaxxi'Va. Take the Iron Mantid buff from the klaxxi. Then simply run up and down the scar, pull 30-40 mobs, elits and non elits, even those big spider thingies and just aoe down with SoI and SotR and keep SS up. You can easily pull 20-40 mobs with practice. ( problem is mobs resetting ). Each mob giving around 25k xp so thats a good 500-1000k experience per pull. Its the fastest way to level that I have found yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll consider it based on how bored I get So far however with Jade Forest and Vale, I did every single quest in the zone and actually read about half of the quest text hence in about 8 hours I only made it to just shy of 88, leveling as prot. I won't lie I skipped Nesingwary but that's only because I want to wreak havoc on it once I'm max and geared a bit. Plan to do every quest in Kun Lai and Townlong too, actually finding it interesting because for TBC, Wrath and Cata whilst I was never racing for realm firsts I was powering through so I missed all this. There's actually something to be said for being a bit slower... it's nice...

Can't believe I just said that. *shudder* It's against every principle I ever raided for.

Think I got to the part in Kun Lai where I'd done all the southern stuff and the Ox Wash, don't think I did that small Shado Pan bit yet in the bottom left but did all the Jin Yu bit. Last part I did was kill some thingies for the Grummles next to the Sha of fear and collect 3 leaders bodies and kill some others.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Deleted
    A bit off topic, but does someone know if it is possible to track the uptime of SoI / SoT on WoL?

Don't forget that you'll unlock the valor points necklace from Shado'pan just from the zone quests without any dailies.

---------- Post added 2012-12-08 at 03:40 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    A bit off topic, but does someone know if it is possible to track the uptime of SoI / SoT on WoL?
    In the damage done table click on your name, click on the buffs and debuffs tab. You'll get a list of the buffs and debuffs you acquired during the fight and their absolute and percentage uptimes.

Deleted
    Yeah but seals does not show up there as they are not buffs anymore, they are a stance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Don't forget that you'll unlock the valor points necklace from Shado'pan just from the zone quests without any dailies.
    I think it's Klaxxi, not shado-pan. Klaxxi has 489 neck for Honored.

Quote Originally Posted by Fhi View Post
    I think it's Klaxxi, not shado-pan. Klaxxi has 489 neck for Honored.
    Right, Klaxxi.

Yeah but seals does not show up there as they are not buffs anymore, they are a stance.
    How about tracking Censure uptime for SoT and Seal of Insight heals? Not perfect, but a work-around at least. So I would enter this into the expression editor on World of Logs:

Code:
    spell='Censure' and sourceName='Fetzie' and targetReaction=REACTION_HOSTILE and type=TYPE_DAMAGE
    or
    spell='Seal of Insight' and sourceName='Fetzie' and type=TYPE_HEAL
    Of course, change 'Fetzie' to 'YourName'.

This will show Censure damage ticks and Seal of Insight heals casted by the named player.

Or just look at the censure uptime, and estimate that the rest of the time (100%-CensureUptime%) is Seal of Insight, would probably be fairly close.
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2012-12-08 at 03:39 AM.