Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rectitude View Post
    What I say is simple: I'm not mistaken for a bot.

Your comment suggests you have no idea how most bots behave and don't notice (or don't pvp/pay attention to your surroundings)

A great example is when a warlock places a Soulwell. 30+ players instantly grab a healthstone, and do so at the very same instant but there are many many others.

Since when should someone be banned because "they might be a bot", in comparison to someone actually botting. You comment is nonsense. Or perhaps you are a botter and somewhat angry when a stance against this stupidity is openly made.
    I know how bots behave, and I'm flat out saying you are overexaggerating your claims to make yourself and/or your claim so out there that folks have to notice, yes, I notice your hyperbole.

and for you to claim I'm a botter just proves your inability to know what you are talking about.

My stance is that Blizzard is working on it, if you cant/wont accept then thats on you, exaggerated claims dont motivate Blizzard to move any faster. What motivates Blizzard is reporting them.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by risingforce View Post
    The 3 hour ban actually makes sense, in this case.

It is not a compromised account, implied, and the ban will serve two purposes:

1.) Deter the botter from carrying on botting.
    2.) Deter the botter's friends and botting community from botting; no doubt the botter will post his ban in the botting forums and tell his friends.
    Few points:
    1. Botter will change bot config to avoid automatic detection of compromised behavior pattern.
    2. Stop botting for a few days.
    3. Botting community won't be scared by 3 hrs ban in the slightest.

And actually WoW community see Blizz passive stance and more players start to bot. Take for example GW2 - they permabaned quite a few thousands of accounts for boting, many lost really good accounts during this and atm most won't bot on their account (at least main account). But then again GW2 - buy to play so if they ban a boter they loose nothing and only create a possibility of said boter buying another account. In pay to play (WoW in our case) baning means potentially loosing active subscriber that pay you 13$ monthly, ban 10 000 and it can sum up to 1 560K over a year, quite a sum to loose.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    I know how bots behave, and I'm flat out saying you are overexaggerating your claims to make yourself and/or your claim so out there that folks have to notice, yes, I notice your hyperbole.

and for you to claim I'm a botter just proves your inability to know what you are talking about.

My stance is that Blizzard is working on it, if you cant/wont accept then thats on you, exaggerated claims dont motivate Blizzard to move any faster. What motivates Blizzard is reporting them.

I'd politely suggest you re read my post, since I did not claim you were botting, I speculated that based on your needless and somewhat perplexing hostility.

Exaggeration and hyperbole? Well, I was simply stating my own experiences in BG's of late, having levelled 2 characters 85-90 almost entirely in BG's. Unless you were in the same battlegrounds as I was, you are rather silly to suggest that my experience is untrue. Given you play in the US and I play in EU, I would further recommend you keep your baseless allegations to yourself.

I am also well aware of Blizzards stance on the problem and what they require of us players. A typical BG sees me report 5-10 "players" for botting. To do more than this would likely result in me being reported afk. I avoid such by reporting as many as possible before battle commences, assuming I can accurately identify them, and typically will report more during the occasional lulls in action.

I am also well aware of Blizzards stance on the problem and what they require of us players. A typical BG sees me report 5-10 "players" for botting. To do more than this would likely result in me being reported afk. I avoid such by reporting as many as possible before battle commences, assuming I can accurately identify them, and typically will report more during the occasional lulls in action.
    LoL so many efforts and all for nothing. I repeatedly reported couple of obvious bots in tBC becouse they were messing up with mobs i needed and... bots remained there untouched after quite a few letters from Blizz thanking me for all the troubles and swearing they'll investigate suspicious behavior. Said bots farmed the same spot though wholle tBC so yeh Blizz do care.

It's unfortunate a 3 hour ban was all your friend got for botting but with a clean record on an account this is expected. Even with perm ban you could still get your account unfrozen with a phone call. Depends on how many tickets claimed you did whatever there reason you were banned for. Anyway I don't see bg bots going anywhere in the future. The system to obtain pvp gear is so outdated it's not even funny. If you wanna play pve you at least gear out in new dungeons rather than the same old bg from 7 years ago like in pvp. If you happen to gear out your main and want to play an alt it takes 2 months grind to get t2 weapon. PvE you could get sha weapon in a matter of days or weeks depending on the guild you are in. People bot all the non fun things in wow all the time and you won't even notice it. Blizzard needs to open their eyes and make changes to how the non fun parts of the game work if they ever want to stop the rise in bots.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd politely suggest you re read my post, since I did not claim you were botting, I speculated that based on your needless and somewhat perplexing hostility.

Exaggeration and hyperbole? Well, I was simply stating my own experiences in BG's of late, having levelled 2 characters 85-90 almost entirely in BG's. Unless you were in the same battlegrounds as I was, you are rather silly to suggest that my experience is untrue. Given you play in the US and I play in EU, I would further recommend you keep your baseless allegations to yourself.

and I politely speculated on your comments... What I CAN say is I wish you well in your campaign to alter Blizzard's policy on how to deal with bots... you might consider investing some time in reading about their I think its called infraction volcano... lol..

your personal attacks I'll ignore and wish you well.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    Yes, companies never ever look at reputational loss, or customer satisfaction ever. What are you? 12?

Sheesh, as always the know all nothings come out and ramble on with the same BS over, and over.

Bots are usually compromised accounts, and it takes investigation. It would be unfair to perma-ban a player how got their account hacked and then was on bot loop for 10 hours farming. So 3 hours for a hacked account seems fine. Long enough to change things, notify the user and deter the bot from being used.
    If it transpires to be a player using it, they will escalate up the pyramid I guess. Persoonally, not privy to the inner workings of Blizzard, but it's sure as hell not the "Oh they want money" crap people spout all the time.
    You know, not all bots are comprimised accounts. I was reading a bot forum and these guys willingly created several accounts to bot honor, ores, herbs, spirits, DUNGEONS.

Also, usually a company would care about its reputation. But I can't say I noticed blizzard giving a damn about its PLAYER base.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RoboA View Post
    And i get 6 hours for insulting someone????????
    I once got 6 for reenacting Pokémon on an RP server. At least I was in character while the rest of SW was off cybering in goldshire ...

But yeah, seems a bit off, you'd expect them to at least get a 3 day ban or something :\

Quote Originally Posted by skrump View Post
    Rules/laws shouldn't discriminate by age or IQ but instead be enforced among all equally.
    Yes, they should and they do.
    For stealing something of the same value a 12-years old girl and a 30-years old man will get VERY different punishments in all countries I know.
    The laws are different depending on age, the judges act differently depending on age, and jury renders verdicts differently depending on age.

---------- Post added 2012-12-05 at 02:40 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by RoboA View Post
    And i get 6 hours for insulting someone????????
    Yes. Botting is computer game cheating.
    Insulting is a real world crime against the real person.

Deleted
    Last edited by mmoc664e732ce0; 2012-12-05 at 02:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by traen View Post
    Yes. Botting is computer game cheating.
    Insulting is a real world crime against the real person.
    What weird ass country do you live in where it's illegal to insult someone?
    Strength Determination Merciless Forever

Armory

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    and I politely speculated on your comments... What I CAN say is I wish you well in your campaign to alter Blizzard's policy on how to deal with bots... you might consider investing some time in reading about their I think its called infraction volcano... lol..

your personal attacks I'll ignore and wish you well.
    It's little wonder that arguments occur on here when people read something, then reply to words that aren't there.

To paraphrase your signature (and in no way attempting to alter any Blizzard policies) I am simply trying to be "part of the solution" and am most definitely not "part of the problem"

Quite why I'd be interested in their "infraction volcano" is beyond me, particularly since in my years playing I have never received so much as a single warning.

Regardless, I'll leave this thread as recent posts are way off topic.

10+ Year Old Account
    From reading the image posted, I am pretty sure the ban was for the language used in the ticket, not the bot. 3hrs is standard for the.... language... used in that thing.

If I say "Bob is a bot!" or "I am a bot!" what makes you think that Neither actually is a bot and the second situation was someone hacking the account and trying to get it banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SDMF View Post
    What weird ass country do you live in where it's illegal to insult someone?
    Any developed country?

Quote Originally Posted by naturetauren View Post
    ... A pretty nice proof that they don't give a shit, as long as you pay.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentStocket View Post
    Any developed country?
    Dude, it is not illegal to insult people in Sweden either.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    From reading the image posted, I am pretty sure the ban was for the language used in the ticket, not the bot. 3hrs is standard for the.... language... used in that thing.

If I say "Bob is a bot!" or "I am a bot!" what makes you think that Neither actually is a bot and the second situation was someone hacking the account and trying to get it banned?
    What he meant was sure why not, ban me for 3 hours for cheating. Thats what i meant. He missed the , in the ticket.

They banned him for 3 hours and he mocked them.

I couldnt find the mail to prove that they indeed did ban him for three hours for cheating, any ways to find it in your battle net acc?

I dont know why im pretending that guy for being someone else. It just doesnt fit my character to break the rules.
    Last edited by mmoc664e732ce0; 2012-12-05 at 03:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Friyn View Post
    From a PvP point of view, yeah it sure does feel that way. And it's been like this since...well ever since Cata launch. (experienced)PvPers are mass quitting pretty much, so much for the customer satisfaction.

P.S. Lol @ the 3h ban.
    Experienced pvpers are not quitting because of bots in random bgs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zogarth View Post

Dude, it is not illegal to insult people in Sweden either.
    http://sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/F%C3%B6rtal

Deleted
    They don't ban people for anything these days (unless it's a very extreme condition).

At this point blizzard prefers to concentrate on keeping their subs in every possible way they can, that includes keeping bots and goldsellers.

Sad thing, but blizzard doesn't really care for it's reputation anymore since people will keep playing regardless.

And to finish with an even greater thing, blizzard makes money directly of bots that provide gold sellers, hence why they ain't banned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zogarth View Post
    ... A pretty nice proof that they don't give a shit, as long as you pay.
    A copy/paste response Blizzard use when unable to directly chat with a player is hardly any evidence of anything.

As for the 3 hour ban, it's too low. But then again, it builds up. Next time it will be longer and in the end, permanent.