Monk heals - Druid heals

Hi,

My current main is a tank (dk) and I feel like starting an alt I'll level on off time.
    I already have one of every healer but a druid and a monk, what are the main differences ? I've read the spells a bit and they both seem to be HoT focused?

I only have one char spot left (I already have a 85 guardian and 90 brewmaster but I want to start from scratch) so I can't do both!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Vorret View Post
    Hi,

My current main is a tank (dk) and I feel like starting an alt I'll level on off time.
    I already have one of every healer but a druid and a monk, what are the main differences ? I've read the spells a bit and they both seem to be HoT focused?

I only have one char spot left (I already have a 85 guardian and 90 brewmaster but I want to start from scratch) so I can't do both!

Thanks
    Druid - nothing's really changed since Cataclysm except mushrooms can't be used for damage.

Monk - even with the nerf still more useful than a druid in similar gear

I am taking my druid Resto once my Tankadin is 90. I can't really bring myself to play a monk. Fat pandas and spinning in circles just feels kinda cheap to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastmasterGuardian View Post
    I am taking my druid Resto once my Tankadin is 90. I can't really bring myself to play a monk. Fat pandas and spinning in circles just feels kinda cheap to me.
    you do know none pandaren can be monks right?
    Monks are kind of a combination of druid and paladin, they have the hots but not as many as a druid, and they have decent enough single target healing with another to back up the other party members. Still takes some skill to master if your only use to one style of healing.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Druids have a lot of utility and options available to them; they have a multitude of options and forms to use. They are always mobile, hardly stationary. Their hots and instants, whether it's swiftmend or nature's swiftness for a heal, are very powerful, especially at low levels. You can chase a resto Druid around a BG all day and never kill him. Focus fire and CC have to bring him down.

Mistweaver Monks are fairly mobile as well, but pause more to use their heals. Good Mistweaver Monks are hard to kill, at least while leveling. They have good mobility and CC. I've seen Mistweavers take on entire nodes in BGs or most of the BG itself and never die because they know when to move and CC (and have the keys bound well). It takes competent players/teamwork to properly CC them to death in my experience.

All in all, I really like both for healing, to be honest. It boils down to how you'd like to play. I'm sure you can find videos of OP Druids and Mistweavers. I think Druids are a little more complex and you have to pay attention a bit more, though.

Many classes (including Pandaren) can be Monks as well, unlike Druids. Not sure what the one guy was saying exactly. Anyway, get the leather healing heirlooms & staff if you don't have them already, it'll be a blast in pvp!
    Last edited by Wendyclear; 2012-12-05 at 05:16 PM.