Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Boss immune to Growl

Well today i was doing my weekly runs to get tier 6 set and i find something rare

the boss was attacking me

i was like "Maybe growl is off" then i check and it was on

so i test it to see if maybe is a bug and i see "immune" when i cast growl

So if anyone can confirm this happen in another raids or dungeons will be good...

i think this will kill hunters for soloing old content

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eLPachuukko View Post
    i think this will kill hunters for soloing old content
    Some bosses are immune to any kind of taunt, including Growl. Thus, if you out-threat your pet, youll pull aggro. Of course, this WONT kill soloing, just make you have to glyph for pet misdirect. (Makes Misdirect threat permanent if used constantly on pet)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Some bosses are immune to any kind of taunt, including Growl. Thus, if you out-threat your pet, youll pull aggro. Of course, this WONT kill soloing, just make you have to glyph for pet misdirect. (Makes Misdirect threat permanent if used constantly on pet)
    well i did that raid before and i never outthreat my pet.

but i not sure, thats why i say if someone can confirm it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eLPachuukko View Post
    well i did that raid before and i never outthreat my pet.
    Maybe you just need a nerf :3
    *ducks*

Tier 6? Mount Hjyal and BT? Pretty sure Teron Gorefiend and Anetheron's Towering Infernals are the only bosses who are (supposed to be) taunt immune.

Did they remove FD also ? Ofc it is bit silly if the threat component isnt working, taunting dont need to anyway.

i complete mount hjyal summit and every boss was immune to growl (archimonde too)

also no helmet and hands this week :@

Glyph of Misdirection... Also, in my experience Growl generates about 300k threat regardless of the boss being immune to the taunt component. I haven't played patch 5.1 yet though, so they might have changed it. Seriously though, get Glyph of Misdirection and macro MD into every ability for soloing.

They made a change to Growl for bosses that are immune to taunt so it wouldn't eat up the diminishing returns. I guess they broke something else while doing that.

Deleted
    Did BT and Naxx10 today and my pet couldnt use growl on any boss so something is wrong.

They broke A LOT OF THINGS, because even Brawler's Guild NPCs are immune to growl now.

I don't get why so little people are talking about this problem.
    There is something seriously wrong atm with pet threat when soloing old raids or in brawlers guild. In all the ones I've done in the past week, Naxx, Ulduar & Ruby Sanctum, my pet just could not hold aggro. Growl won't autocast so I started manually casting growl on cd, that + misdirect on cd + feign on cd still isn't enough to avoid aggro problems.

The problem does not occur on normal mobs out in the world though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Glyph of Distracting Shot and Glyph of Misdirection

use them.

Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    Glyph of Distracting Shot and Glyph of Misdirection

use them.
    Perhaps I wasn't clear in my explanation, of course I use that yes. For example, when I say "cast misdirect on cd", I mean as soon as it castable again.
    That doesn't change the fact something is very wrong when the boss is on you immediately as soon as you miss/forget to cast one of the pet-threat abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Termak View Post
    Did they remove FD also ? Ofc it is bit silly if the threat component isnt working, taunting dont need to anyway.
    Obviously you dont solo older content. Pet THREAT is broken on many fights in oldr raids. You fd with the boss at 50%the left on ots health and woth two shots you are at 1500% threat...yes it lists my threat at 1500+% threat. In sunwell it works fine on Brutalis but on no other boss since the patch. I fd and have md glyphed and spam it.

Works for Nej in bt but on nothing else. Even on the mogul statue i have to kite it because my turtle doesnt pick it up. Growl is om autocast. Just not worling in many cases.

---------- Post added 2012-12-05 at 10:09 AM ----------

Sorry about all the typos. On my phone and its rough to go back and edit (. Damn me for forgeting the ipad at home
    Last edited by xuros; 2012-12-05 at 03:57 PM.

It appears that all boss mobs are immune to growl. As a test during my maexxna kill this week solo on 25 heres what happened. I play marks so my threat is already much higher than my pet. However, with growl on trash, the pet had 15000k threat everytime he would growl a new target. On the boss however, my pet never got over 1000k threat. (Before he died and i rez'd).

I was tanking the boss with 2500k threat and he was at 800k threat. I feign and he was tanking until he died.

I'm a newish hunter so i'm not sure if growl has always not worked on bosses. I for certain saw pets taunt raid bosses of current heart of fear but old world stuff.... idk.

I'm tired, hope this makes reasonable sense.

Before 5.1 i never issues in nax or any wrath or bc raid for that matter with threat. It seems to be something they did in the patch that fucked everything up. I have a lock with a higher gear lvl than my hunter. Locks 488 hunter is 482. Will run the lock in sunwell with the void lord tanking and see how threat holds on the bosses growl failed on.

Yea I ran tempest keep last night and got smoked on kaelthelas. pet was acting super strange and just being off in the distance growl wasnt effective, i kept getting mind controlled since you cant equip the staff for the immunity and also have a bow anymore. then the boss would just reset....

Yes, Growl was screwed with in the patch. Hard to say if it's intentional or not (though it certainly shouldn't be), but they appear to have made the change they did for Army of the Dead (where raid bosses are immune to their taunt) to also affect Hunter pets.

You still have some tools to manage threat as a Hunter, but it's plenty annoying compared to how it was and how it should be.

If fd helped i could live with kt. Pets not generating ANY threat on some fights. In a fight where i fd after s couple of minutes after the pets been on the boss. I stand and take it back in about two shots. No exaggeration. Growl and threat generation comes and goes. On kJ last night i used fd after a minute stood shot twice got aggro. Reset the cd on fd did it again..stood killed the orbs, killed the replicas of my toon. Shot KJ and was tanking again.