View Poll Results: Is this expansion worth the money?

Voters
202. This poll is closed
  • Yes

142 70.30%
  • No

35 17.33%
  • Sort of - It has got stale fast

25 12.38%
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Because you do this:

"With the horrible everything that is MoP, do you feel you are getting your money's worth?". What you should post is: "Do you feel you're getting your money's worth from MoP? I don't. Here are the reason I don't: XXX and XXX and XXX".

The first example is telling everyone for a fact that MoP is bad in XXX ways and despite those "facts", you want to know what they think. The second way is offering a simple question without bias and giving your opinion in return for people to discuss and reflect on.

This is why he gets so much flak and many wonder why his threads are allowed to stay open.

90% (made up) of his threads are barely hidden troll bait threads. Maybe he doesn't do it on purpose but........

---------- Post added 2012-12-05 at 12:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    I saw it for the first few quests into panda land, and thats it. Where is the PvP focus at?
    You must have missed patch 5.1

10+ Year Old Account
    I saw it for the first few quests into panda land, and thats it. Where is the PvP focus at?
    Karasong. The new PvP factions and dailies

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Because you do this:

"With the horrible everything that is MoP, do you feel you are getting your money's worth?". What you should post is: "Do you feel you're getting your money's worth from MoP? I don't. Here are the reason I don't: XXX and XXX and XXX".

The first example is telling everyone for a fact that MoP is bad in XXX ways and despite those "facts", you want to know what they think. The second way is offering a simple question without bias and giving your opinion in return for people to discuss and reflect on.
    Even so, if I were to discuss in the manner you just stated there, there would be inevitable flaming and trolling by the fanboys. And I only use fanboys because there are people who will defend the game to their grave, even if some of the changes and decisions being made are not exactly great.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Tried 5.1 lately? I heard our respective factions warfleets just stepped ashore. There was plenty of conflict and war references throughout pandaria, but naturally most focus for this very first stepping stone is the pandaren and the other sentient races.

Even so, if I were to discuss in the manner you just stated there, there would be inevitable flaming and trolling by the fanboys. And I only use fanboys because there are people who will defend the game to their grave, even if some of the changes and decisions being made are not exactly great.
    So you're saying that by stating opinions and facts and telling "zealous" people to back down, you're preventing flamewars and trolling.

Herpaderp.
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2012-12-05 at 05:43 PM.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

10+ Year Old Account
    And the way you posted was better because?

15+ Year Old Account
    Well before i can determine if this game is worth my my money i have to make a statement on what qualifies for beeing worth the money.

Simple joys in life all costs money. WoW is one of these things. So how to determine if its worth my money? Well then i have to find something that takes time, costs a certain amount of money and see if money would be better spent on WoW. My general sense is saying that a game should entertain me as much as going to the movie, relativly speaking. This means that for 1 and a half hour of fun at the cinemas i should pay no more than 13.50 Euros or about 18 USD. This is 9 Euro per hour/12USD per hour.

Currently WoW is giving me several hours of fun for 11 Euros a month. And i enjoy it fully. Meaning I am getting my moneys worth by ALOT.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can't stop the trolls or fanboys. That's my job. But if you post a thread where you keep the bias out and make sure your opinions are noted as opinions, you'd see a lot less flak.

We're getting way off track here, and that's mainly my fault. I've posted outside the spirit of the thread. So let's get back on track and discuss the topic: "Do you feel that MoP is worth your monthly subscription"?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    This is why he gets so much flak and many wonder why his threads are allowed to stay open.

90% (made up) of his threads are barely hidden troll bait threads. Maybe he doesn't do it on purpose but........

---------- Post added 2012-12-05 at 12:39 PM ----------

You must have missed patch 5.1
    I understand they brought more focus in 5.1, but the whole THEME of the expansion, and the way the PRed it was that it was WAR between the factions. Took them 2 months to realize that "oh hey oops, we told everyone that war was going to happen, but it still hasnt happened yet, we better do a minor patch and mask it like a major content patch to appease the masses on our folly"

10+ Year Old Account
    Yup. Best expansion to date. This coming from someone who didn't care for Cataclysm much at all. Also, if you're looking for more lore involvement, try getting exalted with the Lorewalkers. The short stories they tell are pretty epic - thoroughly enjoyed them.

Also, let's be honest here. 15 bucks a month for unlimited access to a huge, vibrant world with seemingly limitless things to do? If you aren't getting your money's worth from that, it's time to move on. I'm being sincere with that statement, not dismissing.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

I mean the thing im pointing out, that should be obvious to everyone is that in earlier expansions, blizzard had a much better story telling experience for the players. The LK was seen in the expansion. Illidan was whispered about, and several quests eluded to his presence and the danger of him being lord of outland.

In Mists, the storytelling is lackluster at best. The bosses are reused models, nothing unique, besides maybe the last bosses of HoF, and Terrace.
    In Burning Crusade we got a letter from Illidan in Hellfire Citadel. We got an appearance by him in Shadowmoon Valley. Even Blizzard has stated they felt he wasn't evident enough to really make you feel you knew what he was planning and why he was a threat. To this day people still question why he was a boss. That's because the storytelling was weak and didn't tie everything together as to what he was planning and why. He attacked Shattrath, that's supposed to show he's paranoid and crazy, but most don't even remember that detail coming up. TBC was weak weak storytelling in regards to Illidan himself.

Wrath was pretty good, but LK was actually overused. The "I'll get you next time" schtick people joked about. By the end it was revealed he intentionally wanted us to escape, but the execution made him seem more Saturday morning villain and less ominous than he could have been (and was at Wrath Gate).

But this isn't a grand expansion building towards a single enemy, it's an episodic series of stories building towards a confrontation.

Personally, while so many cry about the expansion not feeling epic because of a lack of end game villain being in your face and over the top, I think Blizzard was wrong to even reveal Garrosh to be the final enemy. I think they should have remained very clear "Oh, we already know the final raid, the final boss, the final climax of this expansion. You'll just have to figure it out as we go" and let it unveil slowly. As Garrosh does more and more through the expansion, it would have been a little more shocking if it wasn't cut and dried that he's the villain. There'd be that "how far are they going to let him go?" feeling.

But what we have so far? The zones set up the mantid, they set up the mogu, they establish the sha. And I feel they do so better than Cata set up Nefarion and Cho'gall (Cho'gall was well set up, but you had to find his appearances in a lot of low level and Cata level zones to really get it). It's set up better than Naxxramas was in Wrath (since it was reused, it didn't need too much lead in) and MoP has done better explaining why we're dealing with the raids than TBC did with Karazhan's random "Kirin Tor are investigating Karazhan and something's happening!" lead in.

---------- Post added 2012-12-05 at 05:44 PM ----------

I understand they brought more focus in 5.1, but the whole THEME of the expansion, and the way the PRed it was that it was WAR between the factions. Took them 2 months to realize that "oh hey oops, we told everyone that war was going to happen, but it still hasnt happened yet, we better do a minor patch and mask it like a major content patch to appease the masses on our folly"
    They said from the very beginning it was going to be about us landing on Pandaria and the war coming to the lands afterwards. The quest texts even explicitly state the fleets should arrive in about 2 months...

10+ Year Old Account
    And? The whole wrath exp pack was based on killing the LK but you didn't get to kill him until 3.3 Same for Cata. Story elements are released in chunks not all at once.

10+ Year Old Account
    The expansion isn't over yet. It's just started. Give it time.

I look at it like this:

5.0 - Meeting the Pandaren and getting to know them. After a couple of intense first moments, both sides are spending time consolidating and getting ready rather than all-out war as they explore this new land.

5.1 - Things are heating up in Karasong, with both sides fortifying their areas and taking pot-shots at each other. Relations are breaking down fast.

5.2 - No idea what happens yet, but expect more fighting. Perhaps the beginning of the war itself. More World objectives, perhaps. Maybe a raid or dungeon into either side depending on faction; we've already now got faction-specific scenarios (check out the scenarios, by the way, for more horde vs alliance stuff)

5.3+ - The war + Garrosh offensive

You're very wrong.
    Blizzard said repeatedly before launch that the Pandaria story would be told at launch, and the faction conflict would start in the first patch. You just didn't listen.

Oh hey, they've been saying this since 2011:

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/11/01/bl...aunch-patches/
    Last edited by BrerBear; 2012-12-05 at 05:51 PM. Reason: Added link
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

Not huge on the lore
    Don't like the fact that Pandas choose what faction they want (just against that idea)

But overall I am having fun playing the game

and A totally off topic question for anyone who many know:
    Pandaren do have the option to speak in the language pandaren, yet they can join horde or ally. I'd imagine they still can't understand each other on opposite factions though?
    Last edited by S2omegaS2; 2012-12-05 at 05:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    The theme of expansion is Pandaria and our warring factions lust for control over it.
    And patches are going to progress that story to all out war.

What is it you cannot accept with this? You've determined there's a lack of war in PATCH 5.0
    When we're essentially the scout troops in this new mysterious land.

We stepped ashore in 5.1. I don't know, I'm feeling like you expected all of Pandaria to be a warzone. That'd be terrible storytelling indeed.
    "Get the f--k out of the way, panda, there's suddenly an alliance capital over there that I need siege engines that I conjured to break"
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

I leveled 1 char to 90, did some dailies, a little raiding, some heroics 5 mans, you know... the basic stuff. After I dinged 90 it took about 15 hours or playtime before I just couldn't be bothered to log in. Everything was so boring, felt like WotLK all over again just without any real soul put into it. It's basically just an hollow expansion without any real way of connecting with the players, even cataclysm was able to do that to some extent.
    Intel i7-5820k @ 4.5 GHz
    Asus Rampage V Extreme x99
    Asus GTX 980
    32GB DDR4 RAM
    Windows 10 Home x64

i definitely am. i saw a levels worth of questing in the first new zone, and played a crapton of pet battles. with the two lots of free 10 day trials i have had, it hasnt cost me a single penny.

i saw 7 free days of the pre-expansion patch as well.

cancelling my account has made playing WoW worth every penny.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Deleted
    I am enjoying the new raids and slowly progressing through it with my guild (Just finished Mogushan Vaults HC). I am getting my moneys worth of gameplay back threefold.
    But if I didn't raid, I would never play wow as it wouldn't be worth it.

So making an erratic, flame laced post is better than a well thought out reasonable one because... It may get trolled? For reals man?
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    You're full of shit honey.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    You should have no expectations for the next expansion IMO...

Ooo another thread yet again by the guy that ignores any opinion that doesn't back his own opinion up. Another one of his threads that to be fair the majority have yet again disagreed with him, but ofc as always he will brush it away and pretend things are all great in his own little world.

What I cant understand and this is my question to those responding is why are you? You know the way he does things and his opinion will not change, so why keep trying? This is the only reason I have come into this thread to ask why he gets you debating his pointless points over and over.

To add to the discussion even tho I dont see any real benefit from doing so, the lore in this expansion has been as good as any so far, if you had bothered to stop moaning about it and actually played and got involved with it you may have a different view point on it.
    Btw people play and 'defend' this game because its the best mmo, simple regardless of your own viewpoint on it, it has the most people playing it even while there are plenty of other options out there atm, especially F2P options! Wow still keeps chugging on putting out great content that a lot of us still very much enjoy, its just a shame that often someone like Jaylock comes along, stops enjoying the game and then proceeds to go on about negative after negative as if his opinion is shared by the masses.
    Last edited by Kesandri; 2012-12-05 at 06:03 PM.
    Keeping everyone happy is impossible.