Page 41 of 61 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Really? Like, really?

Let's look at what's more reasonable and logical here.

1. Volunteer forum mod has no knowledge of the in-depth inner workings of the company as he works remotely, and on a volunteer status. He works with some at the company, but doesn't know about the development decisions or business decisions because that's not what his volunteer job entails. He gets removed due to getting malicious software, and gets super upset, making wild claims. When he calms down, he realizes he made a poor decision and apologizes.

2. A volunteer forum mod is, for some unknown reason, appraised of the internal workings of the development and business aspects of the game. This despite him having nothing to do with either and not even being an official employee of the company. He proceeds to be removed due to getting malicious software, and decides to spill the beans. The company then hires attorneys who force him to make a YouTube video (yes, a YouTube video, think about that for a second), not an official statement or anything, apologizing and saying he was lying.

FYI: Forum mods (not community managers, those are two different positions), rarely have much in-depth knowledge of the longterm business/development processes of the game/company they work for, and even more rarely have any knowledge of business strategies. So him knowing about the things he said he knew about is extremely unlikely.
    It's just my opinion. No one knows the true answer but the parties involved. Either way. I already got my money back before they started to refuse refunds.

10+ Year Old Account
    FYI: Forum mods (not community managers, those are two different positions), rarely have much in-depth knowledge of the longterm business/development processes of the game/company they work for, and even more rarely have any knowledge of business strategies. So him knowing about the things he said he knew about is extremely unlikely.
    Clearly a shallow guise to try and hide your drug-fueled prostitute-ridden business trips to Amsterdam with Boubouille.

On a relevant topic it was blatantly obvious that he was talking out of his arse from the moment he made the claims, I can't help but think anyone who based any belief in the things he said simply have a strange level of preconceived dislike of the game.

I'll admit I'm not a fan of the design direction and choices made by the developers and I do have my eggs in another basket but I don't understand why people are actively trying to damage the games reputation, no one is forcing them to be involved yet they come in to a thread about a game they dislike under their own volition just to bitch about it. It's like a scorn ex trying to hurt their former partner, havn't seen fanboyism (not a prefered term) like this since the PS3 vs 360 propaganda. Ultimately if you don't want to play the game then the outcome, flop or success, doesn't impact you in any way unless you like the pleasure of knowing your pessimism turned out to be well founded. Just my 2 cents anyway .

Also all the hot chicks dig DayZ players and WarZ players are all poopoo faces.
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nirawen View Post
    Clearly a shallow guise to try and hide your drug-fueled prostitute-ridden business trips to Amsterdam with Boubouille.

On a relevant topic it was blatantly obvious that he was talking out of his arse from the moment he made the claims, I can't help but think anyone who based any belief in the things he said simply have a strange level of preconceived dislike of the game.

I'll admit I'm not a fan of the design direction and choices made by the developers and I do have my eggs in another basket but I don't understand why people are actively trying to damage the games reputation, no one is forcing them to be involved yet they come in to a thread about a game they dislike under their own volition just to bitch about it. It's like a scorn ex trying to hurt their former partner, havn't seen fanboyism (not a prefered term) like this since the PS3 vs 360 propaganda. Ultimately if you don't want to play the game then the outcome, flop or success, doesn't impact you in any way unless you like the pleasure of knowing your pessimism turned out to be well founded. Just my 2 cents anyway .

Also all the hot chicks dig DayZ players and WarZ players are all poopoo faces.
    Stuff like that which really turns me off of things too. If you hate a game or system I'm using okay good for you, but if you go out of your way to be annoying and trash talk it anyway you can what does that say for the community your apart of? lol
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeskee View Post
    Stuff like that which really turns me off of things too. If you hate a game or system I'm using okay good for you, but if you go out of your way to be annoying and trash talk it anyway you can what does that say for the community your apart of? lol
    Yeah, I, kind of getting a taste of my own medicine, I got a little bit derogative of GW2 after it dissapointed the hell out of me, I had an epiphany and just do my best to not go in to that sub forum. being continuously negative no matter if you think its constructive just gets peoples backs up :P

Deleted
    Wow people still defending this game, amazing...

The DAYZ stand alone will be out soon with its foundation build - Lets just see how many people are play this game then...

Infracted

What have I said that would cause an infraction, its seem you can only have one view about this game on MMO and that is its amazing-
    Fucking ban me then, My 22 post couldn't careless

Its seems MMO is will and truly wedged up WARZ arse -- Reason curse own FPS General and they have been sucking WARZ cocks since it first appeared and Curse owns MMO shite -

And Waaldo you a fucking Cock and I hope you die in a car Crashed you cunt
    Last edited by mmoc1b038f5651; 2012-12-05 at 07:29 PM.

I saw the initial interview for Warz when Dayz hype was still pretty high, it looked good, a decent rendition, but as soon as i watched some game play footage the engine just looks terrible the weapon models look about 10 years old the sounds were cheap lacking animations (going from sprinting to walking and having a gun go from diagonal to aiming forward without an animation looks terrible), it looked just as clunky if not much worst than the arma 2 engine. might be an alpha but the game looks more dated than source.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MossEs View Post

I'm a cock and a cunt.... Impressive.
    It's a little harsh to hope for someones death over defending a video game, no? I think it's time for your anger management class.

---------- Post added 2012-12-05 at 03:13 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Treeskee View Post
    I could not agree wit you more. The Triggy89 guy comes back to this forum every couple of days with his new information on how this game is a shitty scam, every time to be proven wrong. Yet he still comes back.

People just need something to hate, and anonymous forums are the way to go. No one would say in person what the guy above said to me.
    Last edited by Waaldo; 2012-12-05 at 08:14 PM.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post
    I'm a cock and a cunt.... Impressive.
    It's a little harsh to hope for someones death over defending a video game, no? I think it's time for your anger management class.
    Lol, and people like that don't realize they're hurting their cause more than anything.
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

Report and move on; don't respond.

Quote Originally Posted by MossEs View Post
    Wow people still defending this game, amazing...

The DAYZ stand alone will be out soon with its foundation build - Lets just see how many people are play this game then...

Infracted

What have I said that would cause an infraction, its seem you can only have one view about this game on MMO and that is its amazing-
    Fucking ban me then, My 22 post couldn't careless

Its seems MMO is will and truly wedged up WARZ arse -- Reason curse own FPS General and they have been sucking WARZ cocks since it first appeared and Curse owns MMO shite -

LOL, not liking War Z is not a problem, it's how you attacked people who have faith in it and still enjoying it. You are free to talk about how much you don't like and bad it is, as long as you keep it civil and constructive.

As for myself, I enjoyed it for while and looked forward to new stuff they were adding but it became clear that the game was stirring off from direction I was expecting.

The fundamental problem with the game is that, it encourages bandits as it is the only form of play style which you can have most fun and most efficient way to make progression. I had a blast playing with a friend and killing other players on sight as soon as we learned rest of players treated us the same, but that was all there was to it.

The choice of playing "friendly" with strangers is a mere illusion right now. I'm sure they can make zombies more threatening and so on, but since I have no information on what they will do to balance the incentive between bandit (high risk/high reward) vs. "others" I've come to conclusion that this game will not be going deep as I would hope for.

I have full respect for people having faith in Hammerpoint and their developers but as for me, a refund was a clear choice while waiting for Day Z standalone version. I never had good feeling for the fact Hammerpoint recycled their old War Inc. game engine and models and still having everything delayed. Realizing how two dimensional this game currently is with no explanation on how they will address it, I simply drew the line.

In the end, you simply have, friends or group of clan/guild you will associate/alliance with while, killing the rest as you have more resource to back up the risk involved. Zombies are nothing more than a distraction, a back story. I am not saying Day Z will have solution to this, but with their experience with the mod, I have more faith in their team now.
    Last edited by Elenion; 2012-12-05 at 09:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really? Like, really?

Let's look at what's more reasonable and logical here.

Snip...
    Lol man. Im not even for this game nor this company and I knew that forum mod was full of shit. I love when he explains how he got his account hijacked " You know, someone sends you a link and you click it. But it directs you to a exploited page and you get hacked" WTF? Who the fuck is still clicking random links on the interwebz and who the hell is still running with browsers that allow scripts to automatically run on non-trusted sites? Seriously that guy had no business being a mod or being part of any community teams. Even before he made his apology video, his reddit and Rhino posts talked about how "all I did was a simple thing like got my mod account hijacked and they go all ape shit and revoke my privileges". The guy sounded like the next Napoleon Dynamite, I wanted to add "gosh" to the end of his sentences.
    Last edited by philefluxx; 2012-12-05 at 09:33 PM.

Fair warning, the companies backing War Z were also responsible for the abortion that is War Inc. battlezone. Which upon the start of War Z's development was mothballed almost entirely with no updates/bugfixes in months and relegated to GamersFirst, where games go to die. Arktos in general is just shady as fuck.

I can vouch for this statement personally. I was a volunteer moderator for a game developer for a short time. Our main purpose required little to no knowledge of the game itself.

Deleted
    No NPCs- they specifically said that there will be no NPCs.
    uhm... not sure about that, but i remember the developers saying that the "Secure zone" would have some NPCs (not only guards)

BTW i agree with the rest of your post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoator View Post
    uhm... not sure about that, but i remember the developers saying that the "Secure zone" would have some NPCs (not only guards)

BTW i agree with the rest of your post.
    I'll try to look for the source, but I think they said something about have a "turret" type defense. Where there are no NPC's but if you attack someone in the safe zone the turret will shoot you.

Edit: These are both separate posts. They are VERY vague, se we really have no idea what their plans are, but they did say no NPCs.
    Quote Originally Posted by sergey
    First of all - you can kill anyone near or INSIDe safe settlement. There's no such thing as SAFE ZONE. Ie - we never said we're going to create magical safe zones. some people on Dayz forums started talking that Warz will have ones, so I think you should go there and ask them about details.

What we have are fortified settlements that are SAFE from zombies. Not from other players. Yet - if you try to kill anyone within safe settlement, you'll be attacked by guard systems. It doesn't mean you'll be instantly killed or anythign - so if you're exteremely lucky you'll still have chance.

Yet there'll be big price to pay for that - your character will receive bad reputation and will be attacked next time he'll approach safe settlement.
    Quote Originally Posted by sergey
    NPC doesn't exist in the game world at all. There won't be players that are not human, (like bots*)
    Last edited by Waaldo; 2012-12-06 at 01:59 AM.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

Deleted
    Still think NPCS would add something to this game, dont see player driven questing going anywhere.

Not sure if this had been posted already but I thought id share. Yes it can be questioned but seeing as how my roommate was banned for no reason, I watched him play the majority of the 100 or so hours into the game because I was procrastinating on buying it, I found this interesting.

http://imgur.com/62kg1

Quote Originally Posted by Minrolol View Post
    Not sure if this had been posted already but I thought id share. Yes it can be questioned but seeing as how my roommate was banned for no reason, I watched him play the majority of the 100 or so hours into the game because I was procrastinating on buying it, I found this interesting.

He already came out in a video linked earlier in the thread and said he was lying in that post and apologized for it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Minrolol View Post

News just in, Prince William marries Kate middleton! Seriously though read the rest of the thread before posting, the same guy already came out as a fat liar.

Edge beat me to it.

Deleted
    What is with you and hating on this game? You are calling me, and the other people defending it, rabid fanboys for defending it from your ridiculous remarks. Yet you keep coming back (probably never have played the game) and just making posts trying to destroy it.

Destroy it? i think they have very done a good job of it themselves, just take 10 minutes to look at their fb and the amount of rage on it. I wont be able to destroy it i am just stating whats happened, what i claimed, has all but come true. Oh also i have played the game, i got a free key, someone i knew who actually purchased the game was actually sent 10 keys. Now i will not invest in a company with such bad business practices, but i thought to actually comments on the game itself rather than just the company i would have to play it, and play it i did. All i can say is that it is piss poor. It runs like a pile of turd even on a powerful machine ( 2700k@5ghz 16gb ram & a gtx 670 @ 1330 mhz core boost) The character animations are even worse than in dayz (and thats saying something), characters look like igor when they run, the animations are jerky and generally terrible. The sounds are laughable, wrong noises everywhere walking on difference serfaces makes the most random of noises, guns sound awful ( some sound ok) etc. No bullet drop, feels like you are playing cod when you get in a gun fight. The glowing loot on the ground makes a mockery of the idea of it being a survival game. Feels like it caters towards 10 year olds. Oh and did i mention the hackers and the safezone campers. hackers, hackers everywhere out of 10 servers 7 had hackers on them. I mean dayz got irritating, but nothing on this level. But that is personal opinion ( well apart from the hackers) i didnt like it, but hell i can get onboard with a game even if there are things i dont like about it. But the game itself is not what i have a problem with its the "company" that is making it.

At all of the "broken promises" 400 square Kilometer map- I think they worded it as "up to 400 square kilometers" which will be their next map, named California, I think. A little bit of a dick move, HOWEVER, they said this before pre-orders were available so people knew what they were getting into.

No people did not know what they were getting into, they wouldnt be raging as much as they are now if it was clear from the start what the actual game timeline was, rather than somthing sergey pulled out of his ass. They are making it as they go along with little or no roadmap, hence the slew of missed promises.

No zombie hordes- they never said they were going to add this, it was just something he community wanted and the devs said they would think about it. they continually posted pictures of spawling cities with zombie hordes, ok maybe not an outright promise, but definetly made people believe that the screenshots of them would be indicative of what was going to be in the game

No vehicles- In one of the last Q&As they mentioned that they are going to be implementing vehicles soon.

How soon? They mentioned it frequently in the build up as something that would be added very swiftly.

Skill trees- they will be in game before foundation release.

ok good good, when is this "foundation release" oh and just an fyi he stole the name of "foundation" release of dayz. Oh

No friends list- They just put in clans, friends list is next.

Really they intend to put it in. They have indended to put in a lot of things, again...when? Indeed they did add clans, and it costs you money to expand your clan, yet another feature you have to pay for.....I wouldn't be surprised if they charge you to have more than 5 friends. Well at least they delivered on one promise.

No stem cells- in a recent interview they said they are working on this and it will be put in soon. again we are working on this....these were all features touted to be IN the game already before they released the alpha, only for people to be told " we are working on it.....really we are"

No NPCs- they specifically said that there will be no NPCs.

wrong, they frequently, even sergey himself, talked about adding in NPCs in to defend safezones and shoot at bandits. You need to read the forums more often.

No world interaction- I have no idea what you mean by this. If you mean like open and close doors, they never said they would add that.
    They flamed dayz for having nearly no enter-able buildings and said that the war z would improve on it in every way. The world feels unreal, boulder city only had ONE enter-able building to start with ONE and the rest of the map is just as bad. This was very much about the inability to interact with anything in the world, they made it seem on release the world would be this amazing immersive place, it isnt

No bandit system- I haven't heard anything on this. Right now you can be marked as a bandit/hero but there are no benefits/consequences so we will see what happens with this one. Again you need to read the froums, he said they were going to implement a bandit system whereby you could hunt down bandits for a bounty etc ( i think it was in the same post about the NPS's who shoot at bandits)

No anti-cheat- the anti cheat is in game and working. BWHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA.....wait BWHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA, oh wow that just shows how delusional you really are, or that you havent played the game in the last month. It is NOT working, Sergey touted it as being 98% effective or something. Which is a load of rubbish the only time i saw a ban was when a admin did it manually. Again just look on the forums or the facebook page almost every other comment on the "patch notes" are "and what about the hackers" This super amazing anti hack shield is an outright lie, or its simply terrible and doesn't work. Also temp bans before a perma ban for an offence like an aimbot? well done Sergey....

No strong hold servers- they are going to be implemented before release. Really a date on that? As i was aware stronghold server were meant to be implemented in beta which was oh....wait meant to be what was it over a month and a half ago

You keep saying "don't pull that 'it's only alpha' excuse" but IT IS ONLY ALPHA! How can that not be used as an excuse for a game not being finished. They were PLANNING on going into beta last month, buy obviously they weren't ready so they left it in alpha until the game is ready! Your excuse for the game being bad is that it isn't finished, well the reason for that is becauseTHE GAME ISN'T FINISHED!

What you seem incapable of grasping with your pea sized brain is this. A company that touted having been working on the game ( pre production onwards) for over a year and a half also truly believed and SAID that their alpha would only last 2 weeks. Anyone and i mean ANYONE with a shred of intelligence could have realised that this was a load of BS. Ofc it isnt and wasnt ready. I said it wouldnt be from before they even released the alpha.

You are the ones showing signs of "fanboyism," but for another game. The mods don't close threads because someone says something negative. They close thread because they are just blind hating that only starts flame wars (like your comments). You obviously havent actively read the forums, it shows. Also a fanboy? Of what dayz? i like the game, but i wouldn't say its perfect. i can point out a slew of crap features about it if you want me to. There are annoying graphical bugs which can ruin the game when they pop up, when you crash a heli it looks like the entire landscape is on fire, the animations while running are poor, the axe animation sucks, there are hackers ( although you can just play on a private hive instead which generally = less hackers) the inventory system is TERRIBLE and counter intuitive, the graphics on the chars are terrible and are not rendered properly, there is a bug whereby the heli leaks fuel unless all the windows are repaired, you can break a leg while dropping off a 2 foot ledge and bleed out, i can carry on if you want...? The difference is that i happily accept the flaws of the game and i like the person who is producing it as he has been honest and upfront about the game. The warz team have not been. ( also there is a level of intensity that the war z just doe not posses, but that is my personal opinion. I will not berate people for like a game that i do not. But i will berrate idiots who see fit to defend a company as corrupt as hammerpoint. THAT is where you are getting mixed up

TLDR; Stop hating on this game blindly, you keep calling us fanboys for defending it, but you get mad when we call you a fanboy for bashing a game you have never played. Gets your facts straight, or leave this thread. There are problems with the game, but than again, it's a $20 non-AAA game. So expecting this game to be perfect in every possible way is kinda ridiculous. However I've had more fun playing this game than I have some of those $50-$60 AAA titles.
    you say i am hating on a game blindly.......really.....? i have played it, i have seen their business practices, the way they manage their community and talk to their player base and it is atrocious. Also you seem to have ignored my two MAIN POINTS conveniently having put TL;DR. They promised, and i mean they raged at the mention of it, that ammo and attachments would NOT be in the market place. they said it would be "purely cosmetic items". My main point was about the pay to win, something when i mentioned it a month ago you said that it would never move to, yet they have, and oh you didnt mention that.... Oh and what about Sergey calling his playerbase faggots?

I have got all my ducks in a row, and anyone who has half a brain or simply opens their eyes can see how badly this team is falling apart. Opposed to you who selective reads the parts you can make a retort to. Also i havent posted on this forum for over a month and i thought i would revisit to see if you had actually come to the light side and seen that it was a load of shit. I wont even try to pretend i came back onto this forum for other reasons. I am quite happy yo admit i will debate, and argue about this company just because i find it an amazing phenomenon, people are quite happy to get raped up the ass by sergey and continue to hero worship him after. I thought that the anal trauma must have somewhat dissuaded you from defending him and his sorry excuse for a game.

oh and also i see you posted the conflicting comments by sergey about the NPC's....oh really...?
    Last edited by mmoce78a54d14a; 2012-12-06 at 11:57 AM.