How to interpret SIM results

I just got done SIM'ing my pally, I wanted to play around with it some.

My question is now that I have my results, how do I swap in random pieces of gear or weapons to see how it will affect my results good/or bad?

In the Import tab -> CharDev tab, you can manually list anything you want. Then you can sim with the new gear.

Also if you're using simcraft, it will list what's bis for you. There should be links to wowhead and lootrank on the results tab. Copy the links and paste them into a web browser. Either one will tell you which gear is bis for you.

Quote Originally Posted by vaajtswv View Post
    In the Import tab -> CharDev tab, you can manually list anything you want. Then you can sim with the new gear.

Also if you're using simcraft, it will list what's bis for you. There should be links to wowhead and lootrank on the results tab. Copy the links and paste them into a web browser. Either one will tell you which gear is bis for you.
    chardev is missing several pieces of my gear and doesn't list them at all, my bracers/polearm/relic trinket

if you want to do it "manually" on simC (it will always work), you can change the gear you have in the "simulate" tab (after having imported your char). The 2nd last paragraph should look like :

head=sixteenfanged_crown,id=87020,gems=burning_primal_80int_160spi_180int,reforge=spi_mast ery
    neck=korvens_ambersealed_beetle,id=86205,reforge=crit_mastery
    shoulders=shoulders_of_empyreal_focus,id=87068,gems=160int_60int,enchant=200int_100crit,re forge=haste_mastery
    back=mindshard_drape,id=89936,enchant=180int,reforge=crit_haste
    chest=firebirds_hauberk,id=85289,gems=160int_160int,enchant=80all,reforge=crit_mastery
    wrists=brewmaster_chanis_bracers,id=88883,enchant=180int,reforge=crit_mastery
    hands=enameled_grips_of_solemnity,id=89825,enchant=170mastery,reforge=crit_mastery
    waist=binders_chain_of_unending_summer,id=87183,gems=160int_320int,reforge=haste_mastery
    legs=firebirds_kilt,id=85292,gems=320int_60int,enchant=285int_165spi
    feet=sandals_of_the_elder_sage,id=88867,enchant=140mastery,reforge=crit_mastery
    finger1=circuit_of_the_frail_soul,id=87040,reforge=crit_mastery
    finger2=seal_of_the_prime,id=90858
    trinket1=essence_of_terror,id=86388
    trinket2=relic_of_yulon,id=79331
    main_hand=regails_crackling_dagger,id=90527,gems=160int,enchant=jade_spirit,reforge=crit_s pi
    off_hand=eye_of_the_ancient_spirit,id=87039,enchant=165int,reforge=haste_exp

this is where you can change stuff "manually", if you want a new item, just replace name and id (you can get the id of an item by going on wowhead and looking at the url). For the name use the same format : transform space into "_", remove all accents, and everything should be lower cased.

If you want to keep your gear but change reforge, gem or enchant, then just change the "gems=" or "enchant=" fields. Notice that simC don't know the "socket" bonus of item, so you'll have to add them manually (basically if you have a red slot with +60str as bonus and want to put a 160str gem in it, write "gems=160str_60str". Reforge work by saying which stat you want to reforge into what, and finally "ilevel upgrades" can be added by writing "update=1" or "update=2" at the end of the item. For exemple for my weapon which is actually 2 time upgraded ig, I should write :

main_hand=regails_crackling_dagger,id=90527,gems=160int,enchant=jade_spirit,reforge=crit_s pi,upgrade=2

edit : only thing that might go wrong is with trinket with "use" option, as you'll have to change the rotation to tell him when to use it, and in that case using chardev/rawr to import your gear is the best option
    Last edited by Bethan; 2012-12-05 at 11:28 PM.