Critique my Healing!

Hi guys,

Just looking for some positive criticism and helpful/positive feedback for my healing.

I switched mains for MoP so I'm still fine-tuning.

Here is a WoL parse from tonight:

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-q9gg97k7dlne9cmd/

Quote Originally Posted by Kungfufyting View Post
    Hi guys,

Just looking for some positive criticism and helpful/positive feedback for my healing.

I switched mains for MoP so I'm still fine-tuning.

Here is a WoL parse from tonight:

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-q9gg97k7dlne9cmd/
    You seem to be doing alright. Healing Rain has never been my #1 spell on every fight, although I suppose that is down to playstyle rather than incorrect use of the class. My only criticism would be that it doesn't look like you're refreshing Earth Shield after its 9 charges have been used, as the amount of healing done your ES has done is pretty low. Also, on most fights it appears you're only using Healing Tide once per fight - either you are only using it once per fight, or you're using it more than once at very inappropriate times.

Could you link your armoury?

Also by the looks of things, your Paladin could be doing a lot more healing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pum View Post
    You seem to be doing alright. Healing Rain has never been my #1 spell on every fight, although I suppose that is down to playstyle rather than incorrect use of the class. My only criticism would be that it doesn't look like you're refreshing Earth Shield after its 9 charges have been used, as the amount of healing done your ES has done is pretty low. Also, on most fights it appears you're only using Healing Tide once per fight - either you are only using it once per fight, or you're using it more than once at very inappropriate times.

Could you link your armoury?

Also by the looks of things, your Paladin could be doing a lot more healing.
    Being ranked three times in one evening, you can't do that by playing horrible, unless your team mate sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Cathina View Post
    Being ranked three times in one evening, you can't do that by playing horrible, unless your team mate sucks.
    Im normally ele and was healing wind lord and was kind of just tabbed out cause my other healers were doing fine, but then during rain someone hit wind bomb and like 5 people died, we then spent like 4 minutes as me solo healing barely completing the boss which got me to 10th on wol. So its kind of ironic how the inferior healer (me) now has the highest rank on a fight, makes me think that people who are high up there just had their other healer die or their guild sits in purple puddles (not really, they are probably good, but you never know)

Hmmm, well we try not to stand in purple puddles. ;P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathina View Post
    Healing is not a race. If you think that ranks like that make you are good healer, you are dumb. Sorry for being straight with you, guess someone eventually has to teach you

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Enaina View Post
    Healing is not a race. If you think that ranks like that make you are good healer, you are dumb. Sorry for being straight with you, guess someone eventually has to teach you
    lol, that's not what I'm talking about at all. Being ranked doesn't make you a good healer, no. Keeping people alive, using cooldowns at appropriate time, not dying to shit and not being 50% behind others makes you a good healer. Get my concept first before you type that. A bad player that doesn't know what he is doing or is insecure will never get that much hps either way because you will use wrong spells, get oom and whatnot.

My point was the remove his insecurity by telling him he was doing good, I checked his logs I see nothing wrong with it except Earth Shield being pretty low. I do not have to be teached anything, thank you. I know what I'm talking about. The poster above me typed everything that had to be said, hence I quoted his post because I wanted to state that to make him feel better.

Excuse me, you sounded pretty rude.
    Last edited by mmoc783674ddb9; 2012-12-06 at 01:30 AM.

The only thing you need to be sorry about is jumping the gun lol. I didn't even get that out of his or her post.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toroc View Post
    The only thing you need to be sorry about is jumping the gun lol. I didn't even get that out of his or her post.
    I never care about ranks, do care about my performance might be bit obessive about that, when I check world of logs and nonstop watch other resto shammies (movies) heal to pack up my healing. Was suprised till my guild said "Cath you got three ranks" I'm was like "huh, ok, nice I guess." 0.o What does it mean? Nothing.

omg my thread is turning into a warzone :X

Quote Originally Posted by kungfufyting
    omg my thread is turning into a warzone :x
    and there was a fire fighttttttttt!!!!!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kungfufyting View Post
    omg my thread is turning into a warzone :X
    Nah, it's not. ^^

Do what any great shaman does and drop healing rain and afk :P

You are doing good though, keep better track on riptides and ES

Download Shieldwatch from Curse to keep track of your earthshield, and dont recast it before its gone, 100% uptime is not good either, 98-99% is desired that means you are not overwriting stacks all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Adril View Post
    Download Shieldwatch from Curse to keep track of your earthshield, and dont recast it before its gone, 100% uptime is not good either, 98-99% is desired that means you are not overwriting stacks all the time.
    I use TellMeWhen for this and have it set up so I can see if my target as Earth shield on him and how many charges left. It helps for LFR (or if there's another Shammy) so you can see if another shammy has ES on one of tanks so you don't blindly over write it. I use the same addon to track Riptide on a target and also how long ancestral vigor has left if I'm switching targets. TMW is one of the best addons I've used.

15+ Year Old Account

The more I see this argument the more I disagree.

All things being equal (raid comp, fight, healing role, etc) a ranked healer is a better healer than the one at the bottom of the parse.

Being able to perform well, to avoid gcd loss, downtimes, etc, is getting in this expansion more important than triage which have always been quite simple.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pouca View Post
    The more I see this argument the more I disagree.

All things being equal (raid comp, fight, healing role, etc) a ranked healer is a better healer than the one at the bottom of the parse.

Being able to perform well, to avoid gcd loss, downtimes, etc, is getting in this expansion more important than triage which have always been quite simple.
    I disagree. Far too many factors (comp, fight and role are just a fraction) to meaningfully assess other healers each other on simply HPS.

However comparing rankings from the same healer over time (taking into account upgrades and groups knowing the encounter better) is I feel very helpful.

I couldn't care less where I ranked on my last Tsulong kill for example, however if I see I am up 10% (HPS-wise) from last week then I know I am making progress.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Amex View Post
    I couldn't care less where I ranked on my last Tsulong kill for example, however if I see I am up 10% (HPS-wise) from last week then I know I am making progress.

If you do 10% more HPSe it could mean that your raid took more damage or other healer(s) healed less/worse or you just overhealed less. It's not a progress in my opinion, it's just a better performance that could mean anything.