Can we trust Simcraft?(afflilogy inside)

Hi there.

Did couple of times Garajal 25 lfr and pulled about 99-100k dps.

why garajal?coz it simply simulates full buffed patchwerk style boss.

prepot heroism pop up doomguard and staying still, til end of fight .Never went other realm to kill spirits.

My simcraft show me i should do 92800k with my current gear on patchwerk style low ping elite skill settings.

here is my armory.oh shit cant post links, anyway search armory warlock nickname:рээй

So anyone know how much we can trust simulatecraft? I dont like pulling 8k dps ahead of what simcraft suggest.

Did i missed something regarding simcraft?XD

LFR Gara'jal takes what.. 3-4 minutes? That's about half the default simulated fight length, so your increased uptime on things like bloodlust will make a significant difference.
    http://wowupgrade.com/ - instant gear comparison for all classes / specs

Quote Originally Posted by Gobuchul View Post
    LFR Gara'jal takes what.. 3-4 minutes? That's about half the default simulated fight length, so your increased uptime on things like bloodlust will make a significant difference.
    Probably this, check the length of the sims.

It's also possible to beat SimCraft just because there's nothing in the action list to account for proc maximization.
    http://darkcontent.wordpress.com/ - blog (updated Oct. 8, 2013). Latest post: T16H Affliction Trinket Rankings in Combination, done in SimC 540-4.

Quote Originally Posted by Rustjive View Post
    It's also possible to beat SimCraft just because there's nothing in the action list to account for proc maximization.
    Simcraft isn't supposed to be used that way. It's not "Oh, it's all fucked up. I beat it.". It's also going to play flawlessly. It's used as a reference. And at 10k iterations (something you aren't going to copy), it's going to give you a trustworthy model for how you should be gearing/gemming/reforging.
    Last edited by Last Starfighter; 2012-12-06 at 02:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    Simcraft isn't supposed to be used that way. It's not "Oh, it's all fucked up. I beat it.". It's also going to play flawlessly. It's used as a reference. And at 10k iterations (something you aren't going to copy), it's going to give you a trustworthy model for how you should be gearing/gemming/reforging.
    You're not disagreeing with me, you're disagreeing with the OP. He said 'is SimCraft accurate? I did more DPS than it despite it playing flawlessly.' And I said 'that could happen because SimCraft's default action list not optimal'.
    http://darkcontent.wordpress.com/ - blog (updated Oct. 8, 2013). Latest post: T16H Affliction Trinket Rankings in Combination, done in SimC 540-4.

8k over max on simcraft or 8k over average?

Because every time it sims for the 10,000 times it pulls a different number based on variables that give you a range as wide as 123k - 142k for instance on the BiS list and then the number you see on the top of the list is the average of all 10,000 iterations.

So if you were to pull 142k in BiS while you were 11k over the *average* you were not outside of the sims range of possibility.

Deleted
    Usualy, if a tool doesn't give the result you expect, there are 3 reasons : either the tool is broken, or you used the tool in the wrong way, or you didn't manage to actually ask the tool to do what you want. It's funny how often people think the tool is broken, instead of being humble enough to even realize they could be doing mistakes.

atm simcraft is doing suboptimal refresh of dots, and not maximizing pandemic+buffs.
    it also sims 7:30min instead of 4, thats only 60% of your heroism, doomguard and potions effect, and less impact of pull buffs.

Deleted
    You don't get Spiritual Innervation on SimCraft's patchwerk fight, contrary to Gara'jal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetz View Post
    You don't get Spiritual Innervation on SimCraft's patchwerk fight, contrary to Gara'jal.
    You don't get it if you don't go in the Spirit Realm either, and the OP didn't.

Deleted
    Start by configuring Simcraft properly with your real situation (fight duration, skull banners, stormlash...).
    Then do the fight 9999 more times in Wow, and calculate your average DPS on those 10000 kills.

Then compare.

I understand it was not 1000 times boss fights i checked,like statistically i should,(but in reality it quite impossible=))
    But my main point is - if i lets say beat constantly simcraft results,so how would i know if reforging to mastery better than haste, lets say, or visa versa?If iam not getting precise results with simcraft,i also cant decide going to mastery reforging or haste.
    Gem int or gem mastery etc etc..

So i came into conclusion - doesnt matter what u reforge for,or gem for,u will never be able to check if u truly maxed out ur character =)
    Coz if u *beat* simcraft constantly and ur result will vary for 4-9k for every build u do, it will be just sim range of possibilities ).

Any thoughts on that point?

If you have the settings as similar as possible, then the only factor will be RNG and how you play. As mentioned above Simcraft does play perfectly in what it is told to do, but afaik, it isn't told to maximize buffs and CDs so you can get higher than it can. Remember to check the high end dps rather than average, too.

I'm not sure if you are trolling or not. But I guess I'll bite.

It sounds like you didn't configure simcraft correctly. I set the profile for a 250 second (4min 10 sec) fight with 10k iterations and it shows you should do an average of 100,557 dps with a minimum of 92, 188 dps and max of 111, 086 dps.

Simcraft is a tool. It's only as good as the information you input. If you aren't accurate with your input it won't give you accurate results. Even then it's not perfect. However disregarding everything that you can get out of a tool because you do a couple of lfrs and don't know how to set it up is pretty absurd.

"So i came into conclusion" Any thoughts on that point?

My thoughts are that you don't understand simcraft and you don't think much before coming to conclusions.

Deleted
    well, i havent seen a drop in my simmed dps but ive noticed a small change in my stat values, nothing major like 0.02 difference in favor of haste(haste valued higher than mastery) when it was more like 0.13 b4 in favor of mastery. im in ilvl 486 gear with 13,78% hit, 4741 haste and 60,44% mastery, so im a bit baffled by how haste can be valued slightly higher than b4 when im so close to the 4717 haste threshold, mastery should be valued higher.

there is one thing ive noticed tho and that is that simcraft doesnt seem to use summon doomguard anymore which is odd and it seems to be using grimoire of service and not grimoire of sacrifice eventho it still shows Grimoire of sacrifice as a constant buff and still shows dmg from pet, i think there are still some bugs with the current version of simcraft.
    Last edited by mmoca748dddcc2; 2012-12-07 at 12:09 PM.