Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    The screenshot is from a 4+ hour long multiple raid guild flame fest in EQ2 (I've seen all this crap in multiple games, so yeah, it's frequent enough to be even a status quo). The members of the top raid guild (one of the top raid guilds in EQ2) broke off to start their own raid because the top guild were arrogant baffoons. The server really had fun over it all (why it lasted for over 4 hours) because it was a chance for PAYBACK. Nasty, arrogant and obnoxious folks who really needed the dressing down (they carried it to EQ2Flames and their guild leader got his wall of shame in the process -- raiders themselves gave him the black eye).
    I'm confused as to how this proves your point or is even relevant.

If you honestly believe either that:

A. All raiding guilds are filled with kids/d!ckheads

or

B. All raiding guilds have a strong drug and alcohol influence

You really are excluding about 60-90% of raiding guilds. Most of of us just want to down some bosses and have some laughs along the way.

The last feature in wow that interested me as much as the brawlers guild does was when the in-game voice system was implemented.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I am not in yet but it doesn't bother me too much. Yes, I want to be able to participate but with all the other things like LFR/Dungeons/AV week/5.1 daily's/ golden lotus and Klaxxi daily quests.

So much to do I don't really miss it even though I tried it on the PTR

15+ Year Old Account
    That guy at this closed ring fight club goes to the gym and drinks protein shakes all day while I sit at home on my couch and watch TV. It's unfair that he can beat me in a brawl!

The system is ranked for a reason. It's PvE arena and yes, gear is part of that equation. Don't like it? Wait for patch 5.2 when you can run LFR and get ilvl 516 stuff.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Ayonel View Post
    So, how do you create high profile, special content for the elite few, but let everybody have it?
    You normalize the gear so its all about skill, the best players will still be the best and the bads will still be bad.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

I do agree that the Brawler's Guild design could be improved through normalization, but it would still suffer from the problem of class dependency. It is impossible to create multiple encounters that offer a similar challenge to even most of the classes, not to mention specs. Overgearing is a way in which some of them can counter lacking viability. Normalization would either require a big overhaul of the encounters or further pressure people into using alternative characters in order to have an easier time.

Dave Kosak does seem to acknowledge the problem with healers and tanks when bringing up the Brawler's Guild and the Proving Grounds in a recent interview.

Quote Originally Posted by Keoren View Post
    I do agree that the Brawler's Guild design could be improved through normalization, but it would still suffer from the problem of class dependency. It is impossible to create multiple encounters that offer a similar challenge to even most of the classes, not to mention specs. Overgearing is a way in which some of them can counter lacking viability. Normalization would either require a big overhaul of the encounters or further pressure people into using alternative characters in order to have an easier time.
    Yup. You can't just look at this from one angle; if you normalize, certainly some specs, and in some cases maybe even whole classes, are now unable to compete. I don't have the data, but I bet if you took the average ilvl of successful Brawlers and sorted it by class, you would see some interesting differences in what kind of gear each class needs to get Rank 7/8.

10+ Year Old Account
    LFR is solo content, those 24 other people might as well be NPCs.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoneseek View Post
    The last feature in wow that interested me as much as the brawlers guild does was when the in-game voice system was implemented.
    +1 sir.
    OT: Honestly, I like that bliz is bringing in some features that the entitled masses aren't immediately able to click their way through. If you don't raid you don't get the best (pve)gear in game, and if you don't have the best (pve)gear in game you aren't as powerful as the folks who did.

With that said, however, I'm in the same boat as zoneseek.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think it is funny that blizzard wants everyone to be able to see all content(raids) but then goes ahead and makes brawler's guild were only a few people can do it...ironic...
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    I think it is funny that blizzard wants everyone to be able to see all content(raids) but then goes ahead and makes brawler's guild were only a few people can do it...ironic...
    Anyone can do it. Just need an invite.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Anyone can do it. Just need an invite.
    Anyone can accept the invite, not everyone can truly participate.

Full time healers are a perfect example.

This is why such events really need to be more about skill than cheap "burn it down" mechanics. Plus, players can then be proud they downed a boss that just didn't need to be overgeared to win (and for roles like full time healers can also enjoy).

Let players enjoy the game in their preferred roles. More will be happy to participate -- inclusion is always better than exclusion (and WoW needs more happy players).
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Deleted
    So something came out that can't be cleared by everyone who doesn't put enough effort in?

Omg, nerf please.

I have no time for dungeons and use the green vendor bought sets, cant do it!

Quote Originally Posted by kassy View Post
    so many people fail to see how easy they'll be in 5.2. people clear it in normal raid gear now, heroic raid geared probably have a pretty easy time up to rank 8. imagine how supereasy it will be with 5.2 lfr/raid gear. seriously... as with other additions to the game this expansion tehy're not meant to last ONE patch, but the rest of the xpac.
    Brawler guild season 2! Rank 9 /10 /11/ 12!

Quote Originally Posted by cyberarya View Post
    I am a holy paladin. My ret offspec is what I use to do Brawler's guild. Instead of this so called high end raiding gear, I'm using 4 peices from LFR and the rest heroic dungeon gear that is fully gemmed and enchanted. This place is not an epeen contest for so called high end raiders. This is quite litterally about how skillfully you can do these fights and how well you can play your class. I'm at Rank 7 and just defeated GG Engineering (the so called hardest rank 7 fight). Every class is capable of killing these in heroic dungeon gear. There is absolutely no "epeen for high end raiders" part.

All gear does in this place is makes it slightly easier and you can have a lower skillcap. Otherwise this is absolutely doable in heroic dungeon blues.
    Wow... internets though guy.... I have been blindly believing internets tuff guys since... well, never.
    Why should anyone take things as utmost truth without any proof, or even the slightest background to back it up?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    Wow... internets though guy.... I have been blindly believing internets tuff guys since... well, never.
    Why should anyone take things as utmost truth without any proof, or even the slightest background to back it up?
    What's a "Internets though guy"?
    What he wrote was flawless logic, and you just call it off as being an "internet tough guy".

Common sense doesnt need to be "backed up".

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    I don't get your point?

If they make it so that a person kitted out in dungeon blues can finish it then people in raid gear are obviously going to faceroll it. Theres 2 possible solutions to this:
    1) Do what they did. This offers less geared people something to aim for, through skill or gear progression. SOLO players can still hit close to an ilevel of 500, it will just take crafted BoE epics, valor items and valor upgrades.
    2) Gear normalisation such as in challenge modes.

While I personally would have preferred option 2), the option they chose is perfectly valid. In either case progression is available through either path, it will just take non raiders longer.

In any case, deck a weekend warrior out in epics and they will still not meet the skill requirements needed to kill the later bosses (in most cases) so it pretty much invalidates your points.

Anyway, your whole post stinks of entitlement. God forbid blizzard introduces content with a high skillcap or gear requirement eh?
    /grovel

couldn't have said it better. the casual kids have to have their hand in EVERYTHING. but can you blame them? blizzard treated them like a spoiled child and they have to reap the result of it... btw.. its more like mechanics>gear. Im in normal/heroic blend and for gods sake some of the fights its tricky to get dps ON the mob whether your geared or naked. so yea.. hexos? ughg ahooru? triple ughg

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollfaced View Post
    What's a "Internets though guy"?
    What he wrote was flawless logic, and you just call it off as being an "internet tough guy".

Common sense doesnt need to be "backed up".
    Stop necroing old shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfsage View Post
    Looks like it's working as intended to me.

You can get valor without raiding, that wish of yours has been granted, yet the tears still flow.
    I know right? I was over 500ilvl from the point after they removed the item upgrade npc and before they put him back. without a guild and/or using openraid. pure valor/justice/pvp/lfr/crafting. Not understanding how ppl cant grasp that hard things require good equipment. that's ok.. that's how rpgs are.. even single player ones. All these kids would have crashed and burned within the first few days in MMO's pre wow. That or they would have been conditioned unlike the monster blizzard bred. Hows this for entitlement =P

I'm a low 500s (easily attained by running LFR a bit) death knight and I'm stuck on Hexos (I can last 60 seconds in hyper hexagoner difficulty in Super Hexagon but I can manage Hexos, apparently).