Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

how many times did you wipe on stone gaurds 10?

i mean holy hell my guild has wiped countless times now. each week we have a new tank so that doesnt help. is it just us or is everyone else having problems?

It's just you. The fight is relatively simple if you understand the mechanics. Go check out icy veins guide as well as the numerous videos on youtube.

10+ Year Old Account
    Normal mode: 0
    Heroic: ~20
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

we looked at a bunch of guides but now i see its mostly on the tanks

Quote Originally Posted by Snuupe123 View Post
    i mean holy hell my guild has wiped countless times now. each week we have a new tank so that doesnt help. is it just us or is everyone else having problems?
    During the first two weeks I wiped on it upwards of 30 times.

Then I got an offtank who understood how to taunt and it was pretty simple.

It's all on your tanks basically.

10+ Year Old Account
    97.86% of raiding guilds have killed it last I checked.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    97.86% of raiding guilds have killed it last I checked.
    Probably because you need to have downed some form of raid content to be counted a "raiding guild". Just a theory.

Deleted
    Well with my Main <10 times but when my alt went with a friends casual guild (even though they downed ds 8/8hc in the end...) we ended up wiping for weeks on them (1 raid / week though) summing in like 100+ trys till we got an easy combo and another tank. You feel absolutely powerless there since it really is just how to taunt. Tanks do understand how it works but for some of them it's just impossible to execute. They downed Feng, Gara and Spirit Kings in the same ID so they were not THAT bad even though they broke up when they started progressing Elegon (not because of DPS but well.. taunt / add and so on... ;3 ).

My "social" guild on my old server that I ended up in due to IRL reasons wiped about 40 times on it, failing to get it below 70%. The other tank just could not grasp the taunt mechanics behind it, and would either not taunt, or taunt my dog back after I taunted it from him. I have since transferred servers and am in a much better guild now.

TBH, while the fight is not hard, (that guild was just full of not very skilled players), I do think it's probably too hard for a first boss. Even a guild as unskilled as the one I left should be able to kill a boss or two before hitting a wall. Stone Guards requires some level of coordination, I think a boss like Morchok makes a better first boss.

Normal? 0 wipes, it's you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    I think this thread proves that in WotLK, not only has being bad and lazy become acceptable, but a defendable position and point of pride for some people.

First couple of lockouts we wiped quite a lot. Once myself and the OT got our taunts sorted there was no problem any more. Now with better gear we pretty much just stack and nuke.

10+ Year Old Account
    Normal mode: 6
    Heroic Mode: 50 odd

7 Wipes you can see the wipes on bosses before 1st kill on wowprogress.com. On hardmode it depends on the combos you get. There are combos that are easy for your raid comp (for us the easiest is the combo without the red one connecting the people).

I actually suspect there are a lot of "bad" guilds in that sort of boat though, that were able to make progress on 30% nerfed dragon soul, but can't even come close to killing the first boss of MoP. WoWProgress records 52k guilds having killed normal madness (and 62k having killed normal morchok) vs 32k guilds having killed normal stone guard.

Blizzard has the real data though. I suspect if too many social guilds filled with bad players can't kill stone guard and are quitting, something will get nerfed.

Deleted
    Around 10 times on heroic, can't remember normal mode. This fight is all about your tanks, if you keep switching tanks it will be hard to kill it.

Well I think the frequent substitution may be the problem since you have to readjust to each other everytime. The fight isn't diffcult in comparison with others. Good luck with you.

Deleted
    Stone Guard is all about the tanks knowing what to do and for the rest not to stand in the wrong place.

about 150 times including normal and heroic. our tanks are pretty much downs clowns. i dont even know how we managed to get 8/16H.

A fair few times on normal, we had the worst combination to start off and our tanks aren't very communicative (one didn't talk at all, the other rarely talked anyway). We got it in the end after I had to tunnel-vision the boss frames for energy and which tank had which dog. Still have to, annoyingly. >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Snuupe123 View Post
    It could be the tanks. It could be other players. What are you having trouble with? It's an easy fight, but it's not a fight that people can just show up and do what they think they should do. Stand in one place and dps a target or stand in one place and heal. Do people know how to break chains properly? Dps the proper target and not the one with a 90% damage reduction? Not get rooted?