Returning 2 Rift

I played briefly up until like Lvl. 20 or so when it first came out? I quit partly because the story didn't draw me in very well, party because of character models/armor models, and also partly due to my computer trying to consume itself during rift encounters within the world at large.

That being said the recent expansion caught my attention to say the least and I decided to wander back on and give it a real try. Perhaps even max out a toon before making a final decision. My system is more powerful. I can come up with satisfying looks(takes me a bit but its possible) and it appears armor is vastly improved with the additions that came after. Story is still questionable but I think I might be able to look over that for player housing. Something I've wanted for AGES on WoW and never got.

Was curious if anyone would like to show me the ropes and maybe give me a home among a guild? It'd help if I had some guidance and allies naturally. Also ease my choice of server/faction! Simple advice would suffice, anything that might make my experience a much more enjoyable one as I take on this task.
    Last edited by Rudol Von Stroheim; 2012-12-06 at 03:15 AM.

Deleted
    I personally loved rift for it's pvp, other than, missing arenas and bg's having various ''you will die now'' mechanics. Other than that, I loved rift, and as soon as they change those things, I'll propably be back to it aswell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Download it, and log in, and you'll have your unsubbed Rift account marked as a RIFT LITE account.
    Means you can level up to lv 20.
    See how your PC runs, and if you want to actually level up in a different game.
    I know naught of anyone on Rift, I just joined some random guild from the oceanic realm I'm on.

I'm not sure how PvP is at 60, but prior to 60, it's still as broken as ever with healers.

Just be vary that shards pre-50+ zones are more or less dead, and you'll be attempting to close Rifts yourself.
    I would only recommend only doing them if your a spec with a pet, or good AoE/heals.
    Most are tough to close, and pointless IMO if you don't have the daily quests for them.

Dimensions seem like they will be fun.
    Fishing and Cooking (Survival) look good. Fishing is like how you fish in the Pokemon games. Pressing a button to reel it in, and you may have to repeat it numerous times.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Quote Originally Posted by Kuthe View Post
    Download it, and log in, and you'll have your unsubbed Rift account marked as a RIFT LITE account.
    Means you can level up to lv 20.
    See how your PC runs, and if you want to actually level up in a different game.
    I know naught of anyone on Rift, I just joined some random guild from the oceanic realm I'm on.

I'm not sure how PvP is at 60, but prior to 60, it's still as broken as ever with healers.

Just be vary that shards pre-50+ zones are more or less dead, and you'll be attempting to close Rifts yourself.
    I would only recommend only doing them if your a spec with a pet, or good AoE/heals.
    Most are tough to close, and pointless IMO if you don't have the daily quests for them.

Dimensions seem like they will be fun.
    Fishing and Cooking (Survival) look good. Fishing is like how you fish in the Pokemon games. Pressing a button to reel it in, and you may have to repeat it numerous times.
    Yeah, that scares me a bit. Leveling virtually alone. I wonder if that'll hurt the experience a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    Yeah, that scares me a bit. Leveling virtually alone. I wonder if that'll hurt the experience a lot.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEoVk...a_mUQ&index=23

The Instant Adventures feature, coupled with mentoring which allows you to rank down your level has *usually* resulted in hordes of end game players populating the lower level zones.

I won't discount the post you have quoted but I will say that Storm Legion is a month old, with many players hitting sixty and working on the new features for endgame, be it normal dungeons, experts, onslaughts, hunt rifts or doing zone invasions (with Volan being possibly the most amazing zone wide fight in any MMO, ever) at the end game. you're retuning at a stage where most of the new joiners who came in with SL launch are nearly 50 and there is too much content at 60 at this stage left unexplored for people to be using the IA or mentoring aspects of the game.

And while I do agree that heals in PvP seem broken, it is mainly because instant casts are useless (heals are now based on spell cast time coefficients) so opinions vary wildly on whether people love or hate the new system.
    {I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. }

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    Questing is...boring. Very boring. You will be alone and it will be boring. There might be some interesting quest lines and some lore that I've missed but I just can't stand it. What I do instead is juggle Instant Adventures, Random Dungeons and Warzones. I've been playing not quite a week and am currently level 39 so it goes by pretty quickly. And you're never alone!

10+ Year Old Account
    Doing the Warzone daily thing is amazingly good exp.
    Dungeons are dull.
    IA's are also pretty dull IMO.
    But questing isn't fantastic pre-50. There are only a few storylines.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Questing post-50 is amazing, and I absolutely hate questing usually.

Deleted
    Questing isnt amazing pre 48 (i went to SL at 48), but it is fast! and fairly easy going - a great way to to get to grasp with the game. Toss in some dungeon queues while you level too for fun.

once you hit SL level the game really got going for me, and its getting to the stage where im tempted to close off WoW to play it (And im raiding well in WoW atm!)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spunge18 View Post
    Questing isnt amazing pre 48 (i went to SL at 48), but it is fast! and fairly easy going - a great way to to get to grasp with the game. Toss in some dungeon queues while you level too for fun.

once you hit SL level the game really got going for me, and its getting to the stage where im tempted to close off WoW to play it (And im raiding well in WoW atm!)
    The raiding and even the world content is very entertaining in Rift. I did the new 10 man last night and enjoyed the fact they are consistently making interesting new mechanics as well as the 5 man dungeons that just can't be facerolled.

As time passes we will overpower the content but that's where Rift delivers and we'll have the next batch of content out to keep the more progression minded people happy and occupied. Content so far in classic Rift can't be skipped and it looks like the same formula will apply to SL.

Still no thoughts on preferred servers, faction, etc?

Server barely matters, low/medium/full are all fine and have enough people on them. If you're unhappy with a server, you can transfer each character for free once a week. Factions don't matter much anymore either, as you can share groups, chat, guilds, weddings, raids and AH with the opposite faction.