Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    You *can*. But the way progression is right now, you're going to be getting a lot of haste and hit/expertise items to reforge out of in MSV, which is where progression starts. And 502 H-MSV gear will be better due to the higher agility than 496 normal H-HoF gear, so hunters have to deal with it til they start clearing H-HoF. I think the three of us who posted about 5.5kish crit are right in that range 4-8/16H, where we're getting H-MSV gear (which is poorly itemized) but haven't yet replaced it with H-tier/H-HoF gear.
    i had the chance to get H fetters of death but sharded it i favor of my shadow grip girdle.. i know fetter was high ilvl but higher ilvl i not alwats better gear.

i am at just south of 6600 all my remaning upgrades seem to lose me crit as well. I want the cloak off garalon cause its crit mastery, but when i was looking at reforging with it and i will have to reforge out of crit on some of my items just to keep hit/exp capped... as it is now i reforge out of crit on one item to keep it. I can keep that as crit but i lose more crit overall reforging around not going out of crit.
    Last edited by Nemesis003; 2012-12-05 at 09:29 AM.

You *can*. But the way progression is right now, you're going to be getting a lot of haste and hit/expertise items to reforge out of in MSV, which is where progression starts. And 502 H-MSV gear will be better due to the higher agility than 496 normal H-HoF gear, so hunters have to deal with it til they start clearing H-HoF. I think the three of us who posted about 5.5kish crit are right in that range 4-8/16H, where we're getting H-MSV gear (which is poorly itemized) but haven't yet replaced it with H-tier/H-HoF gear.
    Nope: I haven't done any heroics on my hunter as of yet. My resto shaman has H.Stone Guard, due to the guild needing an extra healer at the time.
    Hopefully that will change this week though, as my hunter is needed.
    Last edited by Beebeey; 2012-12-05 at 12:32 PM.

You weren't one of the people complaining about 5.5k ish hit. At least, not before I posted my initial thing.

Also, Nemesis, H-Fetters has 51 more agility, and is hit/mastery, to shadowgrip which, at 496, has crit and haste. Even with its crit, the secondary stats are more useful on Fetters, and you can get about 250 of the hit reforged into crit.

You weren't one of the people complaining about 5.5k ish hit. At least, not before I posted my initial thing.

Also, Nemesis, H-Fetters has 51 more agility, and is hit/mastery, to shadowgrip which, at 496, has crit and haste. Even with its crit, the secondary stats are more useful on Fetters, and you can get about 250 of the hit reforged into crit.
    its all dependent on your other gear. Mastery > haste so IMO having the crit on shadowgrip plus the mastery reforged to hit overall is a greater DPS increase then heroic fetters, even though agi is king, 51 agi doesn't come close to 578 crit. Even if you reforged the Fetters you have hit which is good but also haste, which is our least productive stat, so you take the best 2 DPS stats we have and replace them with hit i don't need and the weakest DPS stat all for the sake of 51 agi.

higher ilvl is not always better gear.

Fetters is hit/mastery, Shadowgrip is crit/haste. You've got the 2nd secondary stat backwards. And except in the rare case of trinkets, it usually is true that higher ilvl = better item.

no i don't... Crit > mastery> haste

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis003 View Post
    no i don't... Crit > mastery> haste
    Yes you do:

its all dependent on your other gear. Mastery > haste so IMO having the crit on shadowgrip plus the mastery reforged to hit overall is a greater DPS increase then heroic fetters, even though agi is king, 51 agi doesn't come close to 578 crit....

...Even if you reforged the Fetters you have hit which is good but also haste, which is our least productive stat, so you take the best 2 DPS stats we have and replace them with hit i don't need and the weakest DPS stat all for the sake of 51 agi.
    Fetters has hit/mastery. Shadowgrip has crit/haste. You'd be reforging into hit/mastery/crit on Fetters, and crit/haste/hit or mastery on Shadowgrip. The former is more useful. Your stat priority is correct though, but like I said, you're confused about the 2nd secondary stat on these items (Fetters has mastery, not haste, Shadowgrip has haste not mastery).

You seem to be a little head-stuck-in-the-sandish. Believe it or not, some of us do know what we're talking about, even if you don't agree with us.

Yes you do:

Fetters has hit/mastery. Shadowgrip has crit/haste. You'd be reforging into hit/mastery/crit on Fetters, and crit/haste/hit or mastery on Shadowgrip. The former is more useful. Your stat priority is correct though, but like I said, you're confused about the 2nd secondary stat on these items (Fetters has mastery, not haste, Shadowgrip has haste not mastery).

You seem to be a little head-stuck-in-the-sandish. Believe it or not, some of us do know what we're talking about, even if you don't agree with us.
    meh just got the things backwards :P regardless at the time i was swimming in hit and could not reforge out of enough of it... if it drops again i will prolly take it as i and not as over hit cap as before.

yeah, there definitely is a metric shit ton of hit on mail agi gear.